Chris Collinsworth, A good replacement for Madden?

DCbillsfan

I think it stinks! My reason is that Madden use to comment on the ongoing game. Collingsworth on the other hand comments on the bullsh-- stats and talking points by however writes that junk. There were times last Sunday that he was involved in that trivia and a play was going on. Collingsworth has been known to Ridicule players and teams.

What do think of replacing Madden with Collinsworth? I didn't care too much for him as a WR for the Bengals but I tend to like him as an announcer. He has opinions and isn't afraid to speak his mind unlike most announcers.

The fact that Collinsworth doesn't seem to be afraid of the suits and will say things that don't always toe the party line makes me like him as an announcer. When it comes to people in the booth, there never is nor will there ever be someone that suits everyone. Personally I can't stand Tirico, and Tasker should never be allowed to do another Bills game.

I don't want to sound condescending, but I almost think it's to the point that if you don't like Collinsworth, then you're simply not a serious football fan. Is he kind of dorky? Of course. Can he be a little bit arrogant sometimes? I suppose. Now I've never heard that quote about the Olympics, but clearly we're missing some context with that one or else there would have been more of an uproar about that. But anyway, nobody in the business breaks down football plays and players as efficiently as Collinsworth and nobody else tells it like it is like Collinsworth. Madden is a legend but his insight was Football 101, whereas Collinsworth is for grad school students of the game- which clearly there are very few of on here. Deion Sanders? Makes me wonder about this board. Collinsworth is the best in the business. Period.

Mostly agree. Some posters here are more sensitive than TO. If you don't think he's ever had anything positive to say about the Bills, you don't remember him on NBC or Fox back when the Bills were umm, ya know, worthy of praise.

Plus he had to work to get where he's at as opposed to being offered a sweet spotlight gig because he was a HOFer for the Cowboys, so there's something to be said for that.

As someone with Sunday Ticket for 4 years I feel comfortable saying the majority of CBS/Fox guys suck; so I'd love to see a list of 10 or even 5 color guys who are better.

Also like the Tirico/Jaws/Gruden team.

Agree with Tirico, Jaws, and Gruden, I think they will be good. I also like Joe Buck, I think he works for Fox. Would like to see Jim Kelly in the booth. Dream team would be Kelly, Marino, and Elway. Never cared much for Madden. Don Criqiue is very good also.