Vick To Eagles

/dev/null

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people would sign Charles Manson if they thought he could throw a football...since he can't, they hitched their wagon to the closest thing

...but enough of teams like Denver, who feature woman abusers like Brandon Marshall, or St. Louis and Cleveland, who have guys who like to drink and drive....and kill....on their rosters.

But hey, they didn't kill dogs...

...but enough of teams like Denver, who feature woman abusers like Brandon Marshall, or St. Louis and Cleveland, who have guys who like to drink and drive....and kill....on their rosters.

But hey, they didn't kill dogs...

True. But a sustained, organized activity of collecting animals to fight and kill each other for yucks and profit, tying up animals to be shredded alive by others, speaks for itself. As well as the out-and-out denial to the Falcon's owner.

True. But a sustained, organized activity of collecting animals to fight and kill each other for yucks and profit, tying up animals to be shredded alive by others, speaks for itself. As well as the out-and-out denial to the Falcon's owner.

My post did not advocate Vick's actions. Just pointing out how out of whack priorities are w/ folks. Sorry, but even though I am a dog owner and dog lover (never thought I'd say that, being a cat owner for most of my life), I do not value my dog over a human life. To me, people should be just as disgusted w/ what Little, Stallworth, and Marshall did as what Vick did. The fact that they are not is very troubling.

I'd also add that as dumb and reckless the decisions Stallworth and Little made were, they weren't intentional. Vick intentionally fought dogs and murdered them in a sick way.

My post did not advocate Vick's actions. Just pointing out how out of whack priorities are w/ folks. Sorry, but even though I am a dog owner and dog lover (never thought I'd say that, being a cat owner for most of my life), I do not value my dog over a human life. To me, people should be just as disgusted w/ what Little, Stallworth, and Marshall did as what Vick did. The fact that they are not is very troubling.

I don't think Little or Stallworth (no team is going to sign him because he wasn't really that good anyways) should play in the league either.

As for Marshall, I don't think he's even been convicted in a court of law.

I'd also add that as dumb and reckless the decisions Stallworth and Little made were, they weren't intentional. Vick intentionally fought dogs and murdered them in a sick way.

Naivete: Getting behind the wheel of a car after having too much to drink and not expecting bad things to happen.

Naivete: Getting behind the wheel of a car after having too much to drink and not expecting bad things to happen.

Agreed but unfortunately at least 50% if not more of Americans are guilty of this. I don't think the statistics are as high for torturing and murdering dogs or giving women herpes.

On what? Did I say I wanted him gone? No, I did not... I had this exact conversation with Adam in another (no wait, it is this) thread... the vibe in Philly is that Reid is on very thin ice. Should he be? That is another question entirely.

I realize that many Bills fans, in their frustration over Peters and other things, got to fellating the Eagles for their brilliant signing, but from here in Philly I can tell you that there is a lot of criticism of Reid and the Eagles FO, and a growing nervousness about their future with aging players. Is it completely sensible? Probably not. Just as most of the chicken littling here on TSW is nonsensical. But outside of the smug confines of New England and probably Pittsburgh, you will not find many fans completely happy with their teams or their coaches. That is what fans do.

I got the impression you could validate his dismissal. I'm of the opinion it would be a difficult sell. I now understand your stance.

Is it safe to assume the Philly faithful call for his head because he hasn't won the big one? Man, I wish we had that problem. We're looking for a measly playoff appearance and in Philly, multiple championship appearances grows old.

Spoiled by success.

Funny how fans view their own situations, aint it?

Peace!

I got the impression you could validate his dismissal. I'm of the opinion it would be a difficult sell. I now understand your stance.

Is it safe to assume the Philly faithful call for his head because he hasn't won the big one? Man, I wish we had that problem. We're looking for a measly playoff appearance and in Philly, multiple championship appearances grows old.

Spoiled by success.

Peace!

I was a kid during the Super Bowl years and remember thinking the Bills were a bunch of losers because they lost those games. My how time has changed. Plus, Philly fans are the worst in the league. I wish them nothing but the worst. They deserve Vick. :thumbsup:

I don't think Little or Stallworth (no team is going to sign him because he wasn't really that good anyways) should play in the league either.

Stallworth is still on the Browns. He's been suspended for the year.

Also, the sanctimony should be reserved only for those who have NEVER imbibed alcohol and subsequently driven a car (I suspect there aren't many on this board).

The rest of you can STFU. There is little difference between Stallworth and the sainted Bruuuuuce Smith--except Smith (a serial drunk driver) is far more fortunate that no one ever darted in front of his drunkmobile. And he was just elected to the (Drunk Driving) Hall of FAme!

Who's not disgusted by Little, Stallworth, and Marshall's actions? Not sure which "people" you are referring to? Those particular players haven't been rumored to be coming to the Bills, unlike Vick, so it hasn't been prominently discussed here. Doesn't mean it's acceptable behavior..

Agreed. Our society seems to get colder, harder with each passing year. I am very weary, my friend.

Spoiled by success.

Peace!

And peace to you, my brother! :thumbsup:

Yes, the criticism is because Reid has not won the big one, especially since he has pretty much complete control over personnel decisions, so there is no one else to blame. It is an example of being spoiled by success, and also a reminder both of how relative success is, and how fleeting the satisfaction provided by winning games.

It is sad. To be honest, the whole Vick thing saddens me. When he was riding high, he deliberately chose to spend his time and money organizing such reprehensible actions. I believe in forgiveness and penance, but I do not think that signing another million dollar contract reflects much of either. All it does is remind us again of the vast gulf that separates fans from the players, and the organizations that assume we will cheer for anyone they say. As someone who roots for a team out of a need for a tie to home, it makes me feel like I am nothing but a sucker, and that following sports is a morally disgusting waste of my time.

Sigh. I might just need to join you in that beer..... :devil:

Im listening to sports talk in Philly now and the majority of people are pissed.

Palentonio (sp) said on ESPN that people left the game immediately after they announced Vick was signed and he saw a woman crying.

I expected the Fecals fans to really turn a blind eye to Vick's past, but they are impressing me.

Maybe the plan was to bring someone in town that people will hate more than McNabb

Count me in that fan pool, because I would have stopped rooting for the bills if they signed him. Even though I have been a die hard fan since the early 70's.

Also, the sanctimony should be reserved only for those who have NEVER imbibed alcohol and subsequently driven a car (I suspect there aren't many on this board).

The rest of you can STFU. There is little difference between Stallworth and the sainted Bruuuuuce Smith--except Smith (a serial drunk driver) is far more fortunate that no one ever darted in front of his drunkmobile. And he was just elected to the (Drunk Driving) Hall of FAme!

Guess you're all done checking out Jason Peters' ass?

Guess you're all done checking out Jason Peters' ass?

Do you have any original thoughts or anything of substance to contribute here?

You seem, at times, to be a pretty bright guy, yet this is how you want to portray yourself--as a man with a homoerotic fixation?

Come on, man---participate!

Still a difference in intent between doing that and hammering out the "breeding dogs" teeth before clamping them in the rape stands. Oh, but at least that is before he slams them on the ground until dead, flays they skin, chokes them to death, and dips them in acid.

Enormous intent differences, and before you jump on me about defending the other scum, I'm not. But a drunk driver has imparied his judgment and then sets out to make it safely home. It's easier to defend that "intent" than Vick's. On top of which, a DWI driver usually expresses remorse. Vick had none. He never came clean or expressed true regret--except at being caught. He calls his actions a "mistake," which is a !@#$ing word-choice joke.

No one has ever said they value a dog's life over a human life, either. I've been seeing that kind of statement for months and not once has anyone ever said they were placing an animal's life over a human's life. It's all about intent...someone who intentionally commits vicious crimes for 6 years is easily a worse person than someone who accidentally takes a life.

As far as Little, I can't believe he was stupid enough to get behind the wheel while under the influence after having already taken a life due to drunk driving. Stallworth is getting off easier in the court of public opinion for 2 reasons..1...he did everything right immediately following the accident and 2...the victim wasn't without blame.

Quite frankly, there are a lot of professions that won't hire a convicted felon....the NFL needs to be one of those professions. I thought Goodell was doing a great job as commissioner until he reinstated Vick...now, I just can't take him seriously when he talks about cleaning up the league.

I agree..I doubt there are many people who haven't driven when they probably shouldn't have. I know I got checked at one of those sobriety checkpoints once and was just under the limit...so I was very likely at or just over the limit when I got in the car

Who's not disgusted by Little, Stallworth, and Marshall's actions? Not sure which "people" you are referring to? Those particular players haven't been rumored to be coming to the Bills, unlike Vick, so it hasn't been prominently discussed here. Doesn't mean it's acceptable behavior..
Bingo....the topic is Vick...saying that people aren't disgusted by the actions of other players because they're not talking about them is rather idiotic if those other players aren't part of the discussion

Still a difference in intent between doing that and hammering out the "breeding dogs" teeth before clamping them in the rape stands. Oh, but at least that is before he slams them on the ground until dead, flays they skin, chokes them to death, and dips them in acid.

Enormous intent differences, and before you jump on me about defending the other scum, I'm not. But a drunk driver has imparied his judgment and then sets out to make it safely home. It's easier to defend that "intent" than Vick's. On top of which, a DWI driver usually expresses remorse. Vick had none. He never came clean or expressed true regret--except at being caught. He calls his actions a "mistake," which is a !@#$ing word-choice joke.

Here's the thing, JA: I don't defend ANY scenario. I think they're all messed up, each and every one of 'em.

Guess it's just me.

Here's the thing, JA: I don't defend ANY scenario. I think they're all messed up, each and every one of 'em.

Guess it's just me.

I have heard people defend all of these guys but I've heard a lot more defenses of Vick (mistake, everyone deserves a second chance, etc).

Not many of those people are in this thread. Not me. Not you.

Agreed. Our society seems to get colder, harder with each passing year. I am very weary, my friend.

Michael Jackson's a pedophile...no problem...all is good, let's buy millions in records

Michael Vick kills dogs for fun...well, he's worth a lot to the NFL, let's buy tickets

what's the next forgivable profitable sin?

Michael Jackson's a pedophile...no problem...all is good, let's buy millions in records

Michael Vick kills dogs for fun...well, he's worth a lot to the NFL, let's buy tickets

Murder. "OJ's up on the Wall for his on-field exploits."

Michael Jackson was cleared in court, and the kid that was bought off the first time has later admitted it was all a fraud. Michael Vick was convicted.

Also Vick stole people their dogs to have them killed as training dummies by their fighting dogs, those dogs belonged to 5 year old children. Daddy where is Snoopy?

Murder. "OJ's up on the Wall for his on-field exploits."

He went up there long before the murders. The Bills have said for years that they follow the example of the HOF when it comes to the Wall...it's not like he's playing these days, anyway. Even if he were at the age where he could play (and wasn't currently in prison on other charges), no one would sign him...you're comparing apples and oranges.

He went up there long before the murders. The Bills have said for years that they follow the example of the HOF when it comes to the Wall...it's not like he's playing these days, anyway. Even if he were at the age where he could play (and wasn't currently in prison on other charges), no one would sign him...you're comparing apples and oranges.

And I thought very poorly of the Bill's administration for allowing that. It isn't about the HOF, it is about the team. Who they were, are, and end up becoming defines their life IMO. This in turn should at least decide whether fans, or even perhaps the team should honor their career as a football player.

If Vick becomes a positive role-model, I would give him a pass. However, I would not want him associated with the Bills. I wasn't a fan of the NFL when OJ was a player. If I had been, I am sure that I would feel more strongly about it.

Nope. Just comparing one teams' fans hypocrisy to another's. Philly fans were disgusted with Vick until last night. Now lots are talking about the righteousness of second chances.

OJ's inclusion on the Wall is a joke to everyone but a bunch of Bills fans. Guess you're one.

Hard to see the weeds in your own garden isn't it?

If Vick becomes a positive role-model, I would give him a pass. However, I would not want him associated with the Bills. I wasn't a fan of the NFL when OJ was a player. If I had been, I am sure that I would feel more strongly about it.

I was an OJ fan. He beat his wife before the murders. He was liable for 2 murders. He deserves NO place of honor in Buffalo. It turns my stomach to know his name is there.

I was an OJ fan. He beat his wife before the murders. He was liable for 2 murders. He deserves NO place of honor in Buffalo. It turns my stomach to know his name is there.

I haven't been in that position thankfully, other than the occasional DUI and DV incident, which is enough to make me rethink my love of football. May I ask how you dealt with it?

Nope. Just comparing one teams' fans hypocrisy to another's. Philly fans were disgusted with Vick until last night. Now lots are talking about the righteousness of second chances.

OJ's inclusion on the Wall is a joke to everyone but a bunch of Bills fans. Guess you're one.

Hard to see the weeds in your own garden isn't it?

You know what the most disgusting character trait is?

It's dishonesty...you look pretty foolish as well as like a !@#$ing liar accusing me of saying something I clearly never said.

dishonesty is sickening....must be rough having parents who never taught you right from wrong