Why all the hating?

Listen, you know I'm not the most positive of Bills fans, but I have to wonder about all the hating on the Bills after that game. They moved the ball reasonably well. Could they have performed better in the red zone? Absetively. But I get the feeling that will come with time. Couldn't be more excited about T.O.! How nice is it to see a big target crossing over the middle and actually making the catch? One area of concern was the Defense, though. They looked just like they did at the end of last year, that is to say out of position. Still, it's VERY early to be casting judgement on the team. I think if the no-huddle is given the chance to work, it could prove to be very beneficial to the team and if T.O. can contribute just the same numbers hae had in Dallas, we'll see an improved Bills team this year. GO BILLS!

Listen, you know I'm not the most positive of Bills fans

BREAKING NEWS ALERT!!! :lol:

I'm wit ya on this one. I saw some decent things on both offense and defense. Saturday is round II and hopefully we'll see some improvement.

Run D looked very good to me.

Pass rush not so good, but they appeared to play very vanilla for the most part.

Edwards threw the ball with authority (couldn't step into the throw in his int).

Tight ends did some nice things.

Vince Young continues to suck.

Listen, you know I'm not the most positive of Bills fans, but I have to wonder about all the hating on the Bills after that game. They moved the ball reasonably well. Could they have performed better in the red zone? Absetively. But I get the feeling that will come with time. Couldn't be more excited about T.O.! How nice is it to see a big target crossing over the middle and actually making the catch? One area of concern was the Defense, though. They looked just like they did at the end of last year, that is to say out of position. Still, it's VERY early to be casting judgement on the team. I think if the no-huddle is given the chance to work, it could prove to be very beneficial to the team and if T.O. can contribute just the same numbers hae had in Dallas, we'll see an improved Bills team this year. GO BILLS!

l

Not "hating" but 10 years of futility with not much there now to cheer. You have the worst OL in the NFL with 2 rookies starting , 2 guys learning new positions, and Walker at LT who is a stiff.

You have an unproven QB.

You still have no pass rush, you still have Ellison starting who is a doormat on runs. You also have a loser coaching staff.

3-13 "baby" !!!!

Not "hating" but 10 years of futility with not much there now to cheer. You have the worst OL in the NFL with 2 rookies starting , 2 guys learning new positions, and Walker at LT who is a stiff.

I think 3-13 is a bit extreme, 7-9 more likely. Also, the offense moved the ball fairly well against a good defense.

Jauron's had since 2006 to get something together. It's not like this team suddenly materialized last night. Compared to the 2006 team, they seem to be a little better in the passing game, but worse in the running game and pressuring the opponent's QB.

Why do the Bills always look spectacularly outcoached, whether it's the 1st pre-season game, or the shutout on week 17?

Hopefully, Maybin is a superhero, or else The Razor will be bedlam on 9/14.

no kidding seeing the offense played about 6 plays. it simply amaizes me the way people act around here its like they never watched a football game in their lives.

Jauron's had since 2006 to get something together. It's not like this team suddenly materialized last night. Compared to the 2006 team, they seem to be a little better in the passing game, but worse in the running game and pressuring the opponent's QB.

Why do the Bills always look spectacularly outcoached, whether it's the 1st pre-season game, or the shutout on week 17?

Again...you're taking this from ONE preseason game? The defense did well last night, IMO. Don't forget, the starting D didn't give up that first TD. That one was on the Special Teams.

Though I don't think the team played "badly" as a whole. My main gripe with this team is that there is an utter lack of intensity and passion on both sides of the ball. When your rookies turn up the juice (ie. Nic Harris) in comparison to say your veteran D-line, it just speaks volumes as to how this team is coached.

True, we didn't scheme and game plan. At least it looked like we didn't. What was disturbing is that, at least to me, their man beat up our man one on one almost every time. Be it our rookies or veterans. To me that says this team is just a "we'll try hard" group of guys and not a "we'll kick your a**" team.

That ain't never gonna cut it in the NFL and definitely not in the rugged AFC East. After 4 years I think we deserve so much more. Don't you?

C

Though I don't think the team played "badly" as a whole. My main gripe with this team is that there is an utter lack of intensity and passion on both sides of the ball. When your rookies turn up the juice (ie. Nic Harris) in comparison to say your veteran D-line, it just speaks volumes as to how this team is coached.

True, we didn't scheme and game plan. At least it looked like we didn't. What was disturbing is that, at least to me, their man beat up our man one on one almost every time. Be it our rookies or veterans. To me that says this team is just a "we'll try hard" group of guys and not a "we'll kick your a**" team.

That ain't never gonna cut it in the NFL and definitely not in the rugged AFC East. After 4 years I think we deserve so much more. Don't you?

C

Deep breaths. One pre-season game.

[/quote

You've watched this team since 2006 and you have to ask that question? We get outcoached because we have a coach who strives to find ways to lose. DJ wouldn't be able to cut it as a coach in the Arena Football League yet he's here....back on the sidelines to lead us to 7-9 glory again....

Did you see Fishers post game comments? Wow what a difference from our mummy.

Calm rational thought is rarely appreciated on this board. I like to see it though.

I got the same old feeling watching the bills, even in this preseason game.

Running up the middle in a passing formation out of singleback with zone blocking with lynch, whom we know doesnt have the best vision. Relying on 230lb tight ends to block 280lb defenders. Playing soft cover 2 in a goal line situation. Lining up in that same old effing two backs formation and running off tackle. Yeah, it was preseason, but i still could guess every play.

Special teams looked solid. Everyone did their job.

I think the story is that Xavier Oman is bigger, stronger, faster, and more confident than he was last year. He is the most powerful back on this team.

Yes, its preseason. But seriously, the defense looked slow and out of position the whole 1st quarter at least. Nothing ticks me off more than getting burned all day on dink and dunk 4 yard passes that turn into 12 yard gains. It's completely frustrating. Getting lit up on a 30 yard pass happens, teams that throw down field will connect from time to time. I can deal with big plays. But the Patriots bread and butter are short screens, horizontal passing plays. The Bills have shown no ability to stop the short passing game, and we will be exposed if it doesn't change.

Will they improve throughout August? We'll see. The schedule is looking harder and harder from my perspective.

Running up the middle in a passing formation out of singleback with zone blocking with lynch, whom we know doesnt have the best vision. Relying on 230lb tight ends to block 280lb defenders. Playing soft cover 2 in a goal line situation. Lining up in that same old effing two backs formation and running off tackle. Yeah, it was preseason, but i still could guess every play.

Expecting 235# Derek Schouman to block 280# Kyle Vandenbosch is absurd. Not surprisingly, he was pushed around by a far stronger DE. Unbelievable. And Turk's been around the league since the early eighties.

This thread is the result of years of futility which are taking their toll on long term hard-core fans. Casual uninformed fans who don't follow league trends are the ones using the "hater" term. The Bills just ride down a mediocre path , and for casual fans who just like to drink at the homegames, it's no big deal. OTOH, fans who care about football first know it could be a long season when DJ is the coach and rookies are being looked to play well from the start.

Expecting 235# Derek Schouman to block 280# Kyle Vandenbosch is absurd. Not surprisingly, he was pushed around by a far stronger DE. Unbelievable. And Turk's been around the league since the early eighties.

This thread is the result of years of futility which are taking their toll on long term hard-core fans. Casual uninformed fans who don't follow league trends are the ones using the "hater" term. The Bills just ride down a mediocre path , and for casual fans who just like to drink at the homegames, it's no big deal. OTOH, fans who care about football first know it could be a long season when DJ is the coach and rookies are being looked to play well from the start.

So terribly true...

I should have known when they used their very first draft pick on Ritchie Lucas. Very bad omen.

Special teams looked solid. Everyone did their job.

I think the story is that Xavier Oman is bigger, stronger, faster, and more confident than he was last year. He is the most powerful back on this team.

what he said...The thing is preseason or no, you would think the team would be jacked up having their owner *and* Bruce Smith in the HOF. But I saw very little emotion out of them. Wonder how they'll do when they're down 21 pts in a regular season game.

You get worried when you see the same crap that has dogged this team for 10 years. Yeah yeah yeah, it's pre-season. But it's been pre-season now for 10 years. Not panicking...just saying.

PTR

I think most of us on this board are way past "panicking." We're at the stage of casually interested observers watching a train wreck we're powerless to stop.

I'm sure there'll be folks here who'll post the obligatory "alright, where are the naysayers now" post sometime during the season. The moment we win 2 games in a row. But fundamentally watching last night's game didn't give me the sense anything has changed in the coaching or playing staff. You'd think there'd be some kind of fire lit under someone's butt...

Again...you're taking this from ONE preseason game? The defense did well last night, IMO. Don't forget, the starting D didn't give up that first TD. That one was on the Special Teams.

The first string defense gave up the second TD, against the run. Dunno what defense you were watching but the one I was watching stunk, 2 missed tackles on that play that allowed White to get the TD from 3 yds out.

Tenn passed the ball to the Bills 20 yd line and then 3 runs later went into the end zone... oh yea, good defense :thumbsup:

The first string defense gave up the second TD, against the run. Dunno what defense you were watching but the one I was watching stunk, 2 missed tackles on that play that allowed White to get the TD from 3 yds out.

Tenn passed the ball to the Bills 20 yd line and then 3 runs later went into the end zone... oh yea, good defense :thumbsup:

The 1st team D looked soft and slow. Tennessee pushed them around. I know its the 1st preseason game but it doesn't matter how many games they play they will still be soft and slow.

C

You're surprised that the rookies were more pumped up in the preseason than the vets???

The 1st team D looked soft and slow. Tennessee pushed them around. I know its the 1st preseason game but it doesn't matter how many games they play they will still be soft and slow.

What makes it even worse is that the Titans had almost a week less of camp than the Bills. You would never have guessed that by watching the two teams play last night.

People are pissy and oversensite and overcritical becuase the team suffered a horrific crash in that Tennessee game and has been bad for ten years since. Its as simple as that. And one pre-season game...especially one where we were so KINDLY reminded of that play (Yeah...THATS what I needed on a Sunday Night...Jeff !@#$ing Fisher running trick plays against us on Special Teams :thumbsup::wallbash: ) is not going to change that.

Listen, I'm not criticizing people for having inflamed vajayjays, but come on! Some of these guys are just, well, annoying.

:P

Indubitably, Mr. Watson. :wallbash:

OTOH, any concerns about Dick's approach to preparing the team makes one a "hater idiot". :thumbsup:

Bingo.

While, yes many still need to perfect the act of hating, there is little doubt that we're in store for another season where the best performances are saved for Fridays.

I think it was time well spent to travel to Ohio to see if your kicker can still make a 52 yd FG when the game is not on the line, rather than test out a random 4th & 5 play on the 35. Heavens, you don't want to give Belichick any scouting hints.

It's not about the plays, game planning, or conditioning at this point. It's all about attitude and steps to preparation for the real thing.

Too bad we can't watch the team on Fridays.

Has anyone mentioned that the Titans were 13-3 last year and that their coach Jeff Fisher has had his system installed since his hire in 1994? He's the longest tenured NFL coach. They are a solid, winning organization with lots of proven players.

And there was a time in the mid-nineties, when the Oilers/Titans were perennially 8-8, that people wanted Fisher gone.

GO BILLS!!!

And there was a time in the mid-nineties, when the Oilers/Titans were perennially 8-8, that people wanted Fisher gone.

Do you mean the several years where the Oilers were vagabonds wandering Tennessee waiting for their new stadium to be built? Yeah, Fisher was 8-8 during those years. In 14 full seasons, Fisher has had 4 losing seasons, a .557 winning percentage, and led his team to the playoffs 6 times. He has 5 playoff wins and a Super Bowl appearance. He also works for one of the original AFL owners. Fisher has developed his own coaching tree in the NFL as well.

The one season that Jauron had a similar vagabond situation, when the Bears were renovating Soldier Field, his team went 4-12. (But, it wasn't his fault! Who could expect anything more under such horrible conditions?) In 8 full seasons, Jauron has had 7 losing seasons, a .429 winning percentage, and led his team to the playoffs 1 time. He's never come close to winning a playoff game.

The two are virtually indistinguishable. :thumbsup: