Will you root for JP for Las Vegas?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JP losman is an arrogant prick. He is self-righteous and completely absorbed by his giant ego. He was a "good citizen" in Buffalo cause he had no other choice... He wasn't good enough to play, so at least he could pretend to be a good guy as a backup, and maybe get a chance with another squad when his contract expired. Given the opportunity he proved to be a bust and, more or less, a jackass. I hope he fails. I'm nearly positive he will. I hope he gets another chance in the NFL though, as that would represent a great opportunity for him to fail again.

Not sure why you think he's arrogant, or a prick, but I can tell you from having met him on multiple occasions that he's definitely not like that. At all.

He may not have been a good QB, but sheesh that's an awful lot of hatred for absolutely no reason, don't you think?

JP losman is an arrogant prick. He is self-righteous and completely absorbed by his giant ego. He was a "good citizen" in Buffalo cause he had no other choice... He wasn't good enough to play, so at least he could pretend to be a good guy as a backup, and maybe get a chance with another squad when his contract expired. Given the opportunity he proved to be a bust and, more or less, a jackass. I hope he fails. I'm nearly positive he will. I hope he gets another chance in the NFL though, as that would represent a great opportunity for him to fail again.

So you're saying he's like 85% of the league?

glad i missed your first 5 posts - what was your last screen name?

Eh... probably not so much. If I hear of some accomplishment in passing, well then good for him. Otherwise, he'll go into the same pile as the vast majority of ex-Buffalo players.

I trust you completely. There's just no way I can be wrong about going with my gut on this one.

I admit to having mixed feelings about whether to root for JP. He seems like a nice enough guy; though not a very good quarterback. And I do feel bad for him. Losman's been through a lot, and for his sake I hope he bounces back.

On the other hand, I have a real problem with many of Losman's supporters. If humility represents one end of the spectrum, and calling someone an idiot for disagreeing with you represents the other, quite a few Losman fans fall firmly toward that latter end of the spectrum. Yes, they've been humiliated, and have had their hearts broken. They deserved this punishment for their arrogance. And they deserve more. Let their punishment continue until they learn humility.

However, I'm not going to sit here and wish away a young man's future in hopes that doing so will teach a lesson to a few arrogant, immature posters on a message board. Frankly, some of the people on these boards may be incapable of learning maturity and humility. Or, if they are capable, it will take far more than the failure of a particular football player to drive home that life lesson. Let Losman succeed as a starting quarterback for a UFL team. And let the incivility and arrogance of the worst of his supporters be punished in some other way.

Not sure why you think he's arrogant, or a prick, but I can tell you from having met him on multiple occasions that he's definitely not like that. At all.

He may not have been a good QB, but sheesh that's an awful lot of hatred for absolutely no reason, don't you think?

The goal of the Bills is to win, its almost a desperate goal because in 40 years in the NFL we have never won a SB. What was needed from someone like Losman is when he lost his starting job to do everything he could to help Edwards as a backup. If he had done that he would likely have had a chance to compete for a backup job in the NFL this year. Losman didn't do that, Hamden became Edward's study partner instead. Losman also didn't prepare himself well to play a backup role and did terrible when called upon. The point is we don't need someone on the Bills being friendly with fans we need him to be friendly with his teammates, especially the starting QB. We don't need a Bills player leading a cleanup day in Buffalo we need him to study and be as prepared as possible for every game. Losman had the wrong priorities and because of that we lost games we could have won and are did worse during his era than we should have done. Who cares if he is friendly in a bar to fans. He didn't do all he could to help us win and that is why I don't wish him well. Most players who played in Buffalo and now have gone on I do wish they do well, because they did their best while here, but Losman did not.