Irvin takes a big blow to Bledsoe

K-Gun10

Irvin rips Bledsoe to make a pointViews 6538 Comments 25 08:45 AM ET 07.30 Share Print It My T&R For all the naysayers who look at Tony Romo over the past two years and put the blame firmly on him for Dallas' recent failure, former Cowboys wide receiver Michael Irvin has one thing to say. "Can we get Drew Bledsoe back out here [for] just a week so you guys can really fall back in love with Tony?" asked Irvin, a man with the gift of both Hall of Fame grab and gab. "Let's put Drew Bledsoe back out here, because sometimes when you have a pretty girl for awhile, you forget how pretty she is. But when you throw the ugly girl next to her, you say, 'No, I'm really doing well.' Maybe we need to bring Drew out so we know we're really doing well." Ouch!

Yahoo! Sports

Irvin rips Bledsoe to make a pointViews 6538 Comments 25 08:45 AM ET 07.30 Share Print It My T&R For all the naysayers who look at Tony Romo over the past two years and put the blame firmly on him for Dallas' recent failure, former Cowboys wide receiver Michael Irvin has one thing to say. "Can we get Drew Bledsoe back out here [for] just a week so you guys can really fall back in love with Tony?" asked Irvin, a man with the gift of both Hall of Fame grab and gab. "Let's put Drew Bledsoe back out here, because sometimes when you have a pretty girl for awhile, you forget how pretty she is. But when you throw the ugly girl next to her, you say, 'No, I'm really doing well.' Maybe we need to bring Drew out so we know we're really doing well." Ouch!

Yahoo! Sports

Not to give Bledsoe any props but he wasn't terrible with the Cowboys he did have a year where he threw for 4000 yards so yeah while Bledsoe was terrible his second year its not like he was a total 0 when he played with the Cowboys.

But I get his point that Romo is better than all of guys the Cowboys have had since Aikman left and that Romo looks a lot better when you see the Quincy Carters of the world play or how Parcels had to squeeze production out of vets like Bledsoe and Testaverde (who didn't do all that great when he was there) for short stints.

Yahoo! Sports

God Bless Michael Irvin!

Yahoo! Sports

wow. bledsoe in his prime blew away romo. had the patsies had TO when bledsoe was younger that team would have been pretty nasty. irvin is an idiot and never should have been in the HOF. coke addict....

Not to give Bledsoe any props but he wasn't terrible with the Cowboys he did have a year where he threw for 4000 yards so yeah while Bledsoe was terrible his second year its not like he was a total 0 when he played with the Cowboys.

But I get his point that Romo is better than all of guys the Cowboys have had since Aikman left and that Romo looks a lot better when you see the Quincy Carters of the world play or how Parcels had to squeeze production out of vets like Bledsoe and Testaverde (who didn't do all that great when he was there) for short stints.

I know this topic very well as I have a LOUD @$$ boy who is a diehard 'Girls fan who is also enamored with Bsoe. He always acted like Bsoe was so GREAT and that he sucked because he played for the Bills and if Dallas had him they'd be in the SB again....he got his wish! And he still REFUSES to admit Bsoe shortcomings. Like the rest of the Yahoo article said:

"While Irvin’s jokes were at a high expense to Bledsoe, the point was well taken. People forget that by Bledsoe’s last two years, his combination of clay feet and slow internal clock made him the target of pass rushers everywhere."

My boy seems to overlook these traits. All you have to do is give him time he says. That is true for many NFL Qb's; even Mark Rypien looked like a stud when the Hogs were at their best! Yeah he threw for 3639 yards in his only season staring for Dallas but just like he did for us he started out strong and ended in a whimper once defenses caught on. The next season he played like crap in 6 games he started; especially against the good teams. That is why he got benched!

Tony Romo: Out of the league in 3 years, "Where Are They Now" SI segment in 15...

Say what you want about Romo: if Dallas runs him out of town NEXT year and if Trent doesn't play up to expectations, if he were to come to the Bills some of the same fans that dis him now will be the same ones greeting him at the airport slobbing on him the same way they did Drew and the same way they did TO; he might even get the key to the city!

Romo does seem poised to backslide, but his last three seasons would rank #1, #2, and #3 in passer rating for the Bills 1992-present.

AMEN! The difference is playing for AMerica's b!@#$@ vs playing for a team like the Bills. If Romo played for the Bills )or if Trent had played identical the past 3 years for that matter!) he wouldn't be receiving all the blame as he would be overhyped; treated like he was a GOD! ALL the blame would be on his teammates and management not adding more pieces around him OR taking other KEY players to task who wilted as well (running game, D). Like Irvin said: anybody talking about trading or sitting Romo is just stupid (cocaine is a helluva drug but even a crackhead could see this!)