Parrish unhappy requested trade

Would anyone out there want to be judged on how the Bills' dysfunctional coaching staff and management has developed them over the last few years? Roscoe could excel with the right leadership. He mentions guys in the article that are playing in Denver, Carolina, and Philly. I like his chances if he plays under talented coaching vs. the lame, bonehead group Buffalo has had for the last several seasons.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anybody who wouldn't want Mathias Kiwanuka on the Bills?

Personally, I would trade Lynch and Parrish for Kiwi in a heart beat. Lynch seems destined to go down badly, and Parrish is a luxury gadget on a 7-9 team.

Lindell's leg is sore from trying FGs. The Bills can't get any QB pressure, let alone a sack.

I agree with Lynch as well. Whats the point in keeping him? I seriously doubt they will be re-signing him when his contract is up. hes too much of a trouble maker. And he will want WAY too much money for a 1k yrd running back. Its horrible that running backs are graded on the 1k yard mark for the season. 63 yrds a game is crap. I agree that he is a beast and plays hard, but hes also an idiot and cannot see a hole the size of Jason Peters so he decides to fight through 5 linemen because hes stupid. Its obvious that hes not very smart off the field either.

I agree with Lynch as well. Whats the point in keeping him? I seriously doubt they will be re-signing him when his contract is up. hes too much of a trouble maker. And he will want WAY too much money for a 1k yrd running back. Its horrible that running backs are graded on the 1k yard mark for the season. 63 yrds a game is crap. I agree that he is a beast and plays hard, but hes also an idiot and cannot see a hole the size of Jason Peters so he decides to fight through 5 linemen because hes stupid. Its obvious that hes not very smart off the field either.

Truth.

Maybe some tigers can change their stripes, but after about 14-15 years old, you basically are what you are.

I've got to agree with Roscoe. It's insane that the Bills don't utilize him more. Perhaps he's not the most polished receiver; but he should be catching balls on slip screens, reverses,--i.e., getting some touches in space. It's not like this team has that many other guys who can score a TD any time they touch the ball.

I agree. Bills need to use him more. They need all the TD's they can get cause their offense has blown donkey #%$! for a decade and I'm quite tired of it.

So tell me this, who is more valuable to the team? Roscoe or Josh Reed?

I couldn't disagree more with this post.

Roscoe is a return ace much like Eric Metcalf used to be for Cleveland. Field position is not 'hype'.

In terms of his offensive ability, I partially see it as a size issue and poor coaching. He often has a slow start off of the line, which is only compounded if he is jammed. Plays are set up for him, but since it seems to take him awhile longer to get started, they usually don't go to far.

But after he gets going, Parrish has the 'quicks' to make people miss.

For his special teams ability alone, he is worthy of his contract and status. I'd love to see him working out of the backfield on different types of plays (pitches, flea flickers, etc), since he needs room to get started.

But I would only make a trade for a #3 or #2 or proven player in an area of need.

Go back and look at his returns the past 2 years. How is he not exciting every time he touches the ball on a return? I just don't get the Roscoe haters.

Go look up his pathetic stats as a WR .... even within them ... point to one game where he made an impact as a WR. The guy can return punts ... why is it so hard for fans like you to acknowledge he can do little more than this successfully on an NFL field. You want to believe in the POTENTIAL that allegedly exists. I see only Roscoe and a handful of fans on this bandwagon.

If the Bills wish to spend a valuable roster and salary dollars spot on his ability to return punts so be it. But time to put to rest the unproven fantasy that he is somehow the next coming of Wes Welker.

BTW _ I am not a so called Roscoe hater - I do hate the fact that people want to make more of him than what he is.

Roscoe had his chance to step up when Josh Reed was hurt last year, he didn't. That is somewhat discouraging because that is the time to show your stuff.

Josh Reed took several years to finally get good, Roscoe may just step up this year because of all the competition,who knows.

Are Bills fans angry morons? I'm sorry, I have to ask. Trade Roscoe, he sucks. Reed sucks, what has he done. Trade Lynch while we still can. Glad we traded Peters, he was overpaid and lazy. Whitner sucks, trade him. I'm sorry, I don't know if it's the economy, the sad Buffalo weather, or the blue collar mentality that makes Bills fans hate well-paid athletes. There have been times when national writers and ex-players have suggested that Bills fans are part of the problem with why the team cannot seem to succeed, and threads like these are making me start to have similar concerns.

Are Bills fans angry morons? I'm sorry, I have to ask. Trade Roscoe, he sucks. Reed sucks, what has he done. Trade Lynch while we still can. Glad we traded Peters, he was overpaid and lazy. Whitner sucks, trade him. I'm sorry, I don't know if it's the economy, the sad Buffalo weather, or the blue collar mentality that makes Bills fans hate well-paid athletes. There have been times when national writers and ex-players have suggested that Bills fans are part of the problem with why the team cannot seem to succeed, and threads like these are making me start to have similar concerns.

Its called being passionate fans following a team that has been at best mediocre for a decade. Your last point makes absolutely no sense - how in the heck can fans win or lose games? So I guess the point of your post is to say that if the Bills got themselves some new fans they would be headed for the dance.

Give the name of one national writer who has suggested that the fans are responsible for the team's poor performance.

This is a laughable proposition.

So is blaming the coaching staff for Roscoe's problems as a WR. The fact that the staff sucks does not lead to the fact that Parrish struggles to catch and go very far after the catch.

I have to give Roscoe credit though. Throughout all of this he is still reporting to camp, participating in drills and not making stupid excuses to not practice.

Maybe the JP issue has made some of these players think twice about hold outs or making waves in camp. They know its not going to get them anywhere.

Go look up his pathetic stats as a WR .... even within them ... point to one game where he made an impact as a WR. The guy can return punts ... why is it so hard for fans like you to acknowledge he can do little more than this successfully on an NFL field. You want to believe in the POTENTIAL that allegedly exists. I see only Roscoe and a handful of fans on this bandwagon.

If the Bills wish to spend a valuable roster and salary dollars spot on his ability to return punts so be it. But time to put to rest the unproven fantasy that he is somehow the next coming of Wes Welker.

BTW _ I am not a so called Roscoe hater - I do hate the fact that people want to make more of him than what he is.

So true BuffBill

I am not a Roscoe hater either. I love him on this team, and being one of the best return men in this league. But lets face it he cant do anything else (well) just like many one trick ponies. Donte Hall is no where now, Devin Hester is trying but so far has proved that he cant play WR.

Peter King hit the nail on the head, mental lapse! if a guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed, how can you trust him to do the right thing when needed?

Maybe thats why he's not more involved in the offense, it would be great to see him more involved but until the elavator goes to the top, it aint gonna happen, so do what he knows well(return punts, and now maybe the wildcat) and take it from there.

Would anyone out there want to be judged on how the Bills' dysfunctional coaching staff and management has developed them over the last few years? Roscoe could excel with the right leadership. He mentions guys in the article that are playing in Denver, Carolina, and Philly. I like his chances if he plays under talented coaching vs. the lame, bonehead group Buffalo has had for the last several seasons.

How do you explain how all of the recievers ahead of him on the depth chart? They have the same coaching.