Vick reinstated on conditional basis

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've followed the Atalanta Falcons and Michael Vick for a long time. Trust me SKOOB, we do not want Vick as a QB and we don't need him for our run game. Its just not happening because we basically have zero use for him here in Buffalo.

I think that he can run the wildcat plays better than any other QB, bar none. The man is real fast, he had 1,000 yards in 2006 from the QB position. Can you imagine finishing the dream offense we are trying to build with a viable back-up??

5 years deal, $20 Million total with $6 Million guaranteed upfront is my guess.

Sorry, I don't need to know a guy personally to know that he's evil if he tortures and murders man's best friend for sport.

You don't need to know Michael Vick personally to realize the actions that led to his prison sentence and this suspension were evil. What a stupid post.

What they said! :rolleyes:

i couldnt agree more with you... yeah he did some messed up things but hasnt everyone in this world... people deserve second chances, thats why so many people have a difficult time deciding which side to support on this issue :wallbash:

I firmly believe that very few people here have ever tortured a dog. Enjoyed killing it in those ways and did all of the things associated with dog fighting. If you have, then you're a disgusting person too. Not hard at all to reach that conclusion.

Well there are certain degrees of actions that other people have that can make you have a conclusion about someone. Running a dog ring doesn't necessarily mean he is an awful person. There are tons of variables and such that could have led to that situation, and not to mention some people deserve a second chance. You guys must all be perfect

Name 10 of those, please.

Lori, I know I've been one of Goodell's biggest detractors in the way he's handled things since taking over, but i have a major problem with only 5 games. And this has more to do than just Goodells random and haphazard suspensions that are based more on star power and marketability as opposed to the offense. (3 games for a gun locked in a truck, while you can beat women repeatedly and only get 1, and wilfork not getting any punishment after repeated fines for illegal and cheap hits).

My biggest problem is that the league and Goodell have completely ignored one important aspect: gambling. No one runs a dog fighting ring for sport. They run it as a gambling venture. As far as i know, all of the profesional sports leagues are very strict on their players/coaches/employees staying far away from organized gambling. So how can the league completely ignore the fact that Vick was involved in an illegal gambling operation? Its absolutely baffling. I would wager that if someone from the lions got caught doing the same thing vick did, he would be suspended for life, similar to how low-market sad sap cleveland and donte stallworth got such a huge penalty. (which you can bet would be 1-2 games is donte was still in ne*)

But why is the league completely ignoring the gambling portion of the dogfighting ring? To me, that is an offense worthy of a lifetime ban.

I agree. If he gets too far into debt with a guy he may be asked to shave points.

Dude's lost $100 Million, and spent 2 years in jail.

From Peter King.

I'd sign him before New England did. Michael Vick's got it soooooooo bad. It's not like he brutally murdered two people...like that guy on our Wall of Fame.

People deserve second chances. He's done his time, he's paid for it...and if he takes the necessary steps to rehabilitate himself and his image, I don't see any reason to not bring him in.

WTF does his losing money have to do with anything? Anyone else who goes to jail loses a large portion of their income too! Just because Joe Blow loses an $80,000 house and Vick loses $100 million then too bad. His financial losses have NOTHING to do with his punishment, IMO. Financial losses and getting your job back are things everybody who goes to prison face. Why is he any different?

Because the two situations are unrelated in nearly every important way.

Improving our team is unrelated? Vick is better than Hamdan & Fitzgerald combined. He can run the wildcat better than anyone and is veteran Backup QB that we have never really had. We have children right now that have 0 experience.

I want out team to get better, you're worried about dogs dying. Man has been judged, time is served suspensions handed out.

Guest dog14787
I think that he can run the wildcat plays better than any other QB, bar none. The man is real fast, he had 1,000 yards in 2006 from the QB position. Can you imagine finishing the dream offense we are trying to build with a viable back-up??

Michael Vick can run the ball, no doubt about it, probably better than most RB's in the league. If we didn't have a boat load of talent at the RB position I would think we may have an interest in Vick, but we are solid at the RB position.

I know Vicks dangerous and capable of making a big play every time he touches the ball, but he just doesn't fit well here in Buffalo in my opinion. ( I'm not so sure Vick is better than Fitz)

Improving our team is unrelated? Vick is better than Hamdan & Fitzgerald combined. He can run the wildcat better than anyone and is veteran Backup QB that we have never really had. We have children right now that have 0 experience.

I want out team to get better, you're worried about dogs dying. Man has been judged, time is served suspensions handed out.

you have proof of that??

You know a great way for our team to get better? Maybe sign Derrick Brooks/Marcus Washington and plug them into the gaping hole on our Defense.

Maybe sign Levi Jones to, at the very least, give quality backup depth to our O-Line.

Signing a QB is not high on my list.

You know a great way for our team to get better? Maybe sign Derrick Brooks/Marcus Washington and plug them into the gaping hole on our Defense.

Maybe sign Levi Jones to, at the very least, give quality backup depth to our O-Line.

Signing a QB is not high on my list.

If Trent goes down, you'll see our offense go from hero to zero real quick. Veteran Back-up QB happens to be high on my priority list, real high. You worry about the dogs and I'll worry about the team getting better.

Goodell spoke about the decision:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/07/27/roger-g...o-prove-himsel/

And yup, he already knows what T.O. said:

Goodell said he considered a lifetime suspension, among many scenarios, and that he tried to keep an open mind about Vick throughout his incarceration and release. In doing so, Goodell consulted with numerous people as part of his decision-making process -- current and former players and coaches, professionals and leaders in various business and political arenas.

"I try not to formulate any position before I understand all of the facts,'' Goodell said. "There was a process here that I felt we needed to go through and we needed to do some work before Michael was released from jail, while he was serving his in-house penalty and before I had a chance to meet with him.

"I did not come to a final conclusion about what I wanted to do until (Sunday). I would tell you that I probably considered every alternative that I could think of. I reached out to an awful lot of people to get their views -- on not only what was right for the young man, but was right for our society and the NFL."

The reaction from those Goodell consulted was "very mixed,'' he said.

As for critical statements from players such as Buffalo Bills wide receiver Terrell Owens, who suggested "the commissioner needs to go sit in jail for 23 months" to understand what it feels like to be behind bars -- Goodell brushed that aside.

"I read Terrell's comments briefly,'' the commissioner said, "and I don't have any comment on it."

Guy can't play 'til week 7, will be lucky if anyone signs him for the NFL minimum, and your "guess" is $6M guaranteed for a guy with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel?

You're obviously starving for attention today. Seek help, man...

SKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBY