Jauron : "it gives us a chance"

i CAN NOT stand dick Jauron always mummbling about the bills having " a chance" . "They’re a bright group, football smarts, they think the game and talk the game a lot. That gives us a CHANCE, but it won’t be easy,” says Jauron. This is the same idiot who has numberous unmemorable quotes. saying things like: "He had a high completion percentage and did a really nice job. So he needs to move forward from there and if he does that we’ll have a real CHANCE. I have a lot of faith in him and I believe rightly so because he’s performed.” Jauron is acting like to win a football game, you have a CHANCE. just like if you buy a powerball lottery ticket, you have a CHANCE. is winning an NFL game equaly difficult as winning the lottery for that man? doesn't he realise he has some say in the outcome of the *&^%ing game?!?!?!?!?

What else is he supposed to say? He isn't going to say anything negative or risk getting fined. He is asked the same dumb questions over and over. HOw many times can he be asked about TO's effect in the offense? Anyone consider that the constant posts on the subject is pretty much the equivalent of the subject matter?

LOL

If you guys really want a quote machine, you want...

Mike Leach

"We're going to treat the next three games all dramatically differently, and there will be all kinds of interesting little twists and nuances that we'll do to each individual one to dignify it for its importance that exists in the overall scheme of the universe. There'll be dramatic differences, and throughout the course of that deal, I'll enjoy talking about it in length."

If you guys really want a quote machine, you want...

Mike Leach

"We're going to treat the next three games all dramatically differently, and there will be all kinds of interesting little twists and nuances that we'll do to each individual one to dignify it for its importance that exists in the overall scheme of the universe. There'll be dramatic differences, and throughout the course of that deal, I'll enjoy talking about it in length."

Your relentless... I like that

:lol:

Seriously, who cares. Boring quotations have no correspondence to victories. I can name a lot of coaches who produced great quotes and few victories, and every cobination of the two factors has lots of examples. If we were winning, we would be laughing at what now irritates.

The question is whether we finally have the personnel, the coaches and the systems to win. We'll see.

i CAN NOT stand dick Jauron always mummbling about the bills having " a chance" . "They’re a bright group, football smarts, they think the game and talk the game a lot. That gives us a CHANCE, but it won’t be easy,” says Jauron. This is the same idiot who has numberous unmemorable quotes. saying things like: "He had a high completion percentage and did a really nice job. So he needs to move forward from there and if he does that we’ll have a real CHANCE. I have a lot of faith in him and I believe rightly so because he’s performed.” Jauron is acting like to win a football game, you have a CHANCE. just like if you buy a powerball lottery ticket, you have a CHANCE. is winning an NFL game equaly difficult as winning the lottery for that man? doesn't he realise he has some say in the outcome of the *&^%ing game?!?!?!?!?

You had me at "i CAN NOT stand dick Jauron"

Seriously, who cares. Boring quotations have no correspondence to victories. I can name a lot of coaches who produced great quotes and few victories, and every cobination of the two factors has lots of examples. If we were winning, we would be laughing at what now irritates.

The question is whether we finally have the personnel, the coaches and the systems to win. We'll see.

Exactly - every coach who speaks out in the media with "good" quotes ends up putting his foot in his mouth. I couldn't care if they never let DJ out of his office at OBD and had a recording of his bland quotes played on loop for the press conference. What really matters is what none of us fans will ever hear and that's how he talks to the players and coaches the players. Fans talk about how he doesn't seem to motivate the players, but again, how the hell do you know? I know my boss is a lot different in front of our team as opposed to being in front of a room full of people above her. I would expect the same thing with DJ. He just knows that what gets said in front of the media is basically meaningless, thus the meaningless drivel that comes out of his pressers.

Your relentless... I like that

:lol:

Here are a couple more:

On tortilla throwing Tech fans in 2002...

“At no level do I see where the Red Raider football team is responsible at all for any tortillas being thrown. We watch over them very carefully, and before they ever go on the field, we ensure that none of them have tortillas.”

On Alabama...

“I don't see a lot of weaknesses in the Alabama defense. They run just a basic good, old-fashioned defense, which they execute it real well. I think the strength of that team is the fact they don't have a lot of weaknesses.”

And, hopefully, one we can say about our Bills...

"This year's team could beat last year's team's ass."

I actually respect the fact that he's a classy guy and not an obnoxious ass like Rex Ryan, but unfortunately the bland personality we see through the media translates to his conservative approach to the game. He's a guy you want to see do well, but he just doesn't exude confidence. Although the players seem to like him, he doesn't seem to get the most out of them. I don't think the Bills are devoid of talent like some people do and a good coach would have got this team into the playoffs last year with that creampuff schedule. I hope he does well, but I don't see it happening.

"Well...certainly an interesting day, quote-wise. I thought my quotes sounded good at practice on Friday. The players loved them. But the reporters asked some questions I didn't think of, and you can't prepare for that. We'll read the headlines Monday and go from there. It's hard to speak in the NFL"

Quite honestly, I don't give a rat's ass what Jauron says. Criticizing his "coach speak" is nonsense, IMO. I just can't stand his passive approach on Game Day. The rest is bulls#it, IMO.

Dean, its all tied in together man. his kitty-ass ultra-conversatism shows on both the field, and up at the podium. i wouldn't make fun of him, and care that hes a terrified coward if he didn't look that way on the field! he looks like poor 6 year old timmy with 8 year old billy picking on him. instead of me starting a new thread, just continue here......What are 3 good words to use to sum up Dick.

1. coward

2. afraid

3. passive

other mentionable words for Dick are: confused, Dementia, kitty, Un-dead, petrified, overwhelmed, lack-luster, wimpy and slow.

OH! but who cares guys? all his players and everyone in the organization loves him! and that makes up for all the previously mentioned words for him!!

Dean, its all tied in together man. his kitty-ass ultra-conversatism shows on both the field, and up at the podium. i wouldn't make fun of him, and care that hes a terrified coward if he didn't look that way on the field! he looks like poor 6 year old timmy with 8 year old billy picking on him. instead of me starting a new thread, just continue here......What are 3 good words to use to sum up Dick.

1. coward

2. afraid

3. passive

other mentionable words for Dick are: confused, Dementia, kitty, Un-dead, petrified, overwhelmed, lack-luster, wimpy and slow.

OH! but who cares guys? all his players and everyone in the organization loves him! and that makes up for all the previously mentioned words for him!!

Chuck Knox was even more boring than Jauron. Belicheat may be the most boring of them all. Both of those guys coached winning teams.

Hate Jauron for his coaching, not his coach speak.

Chuck Knox was even more boring than Jauron. Belicheat may be the most boring of them all. Both of those guys coached winning teams.

Hate Jauron for his coaching, not his coach speak.

+1

There have been many coaches that could put a room full of heroin addicts to sleep, but win.

OTOH, there have been many loud mouth tough guy coaches who sucked when it came to their overall record.

It's one thing to not like a coach because of his on-field approach, but to criticize a guy for the way he speaks or the phrases he uses during a presser is bordering "playing for the other team". What's next, threads about the way he eats his food, or why he doesn't grow a beard, and how that "translates" to on-field play?? Please spare us :lol:

+1

There have been many coaches that could put a room full of heroin addicts to sleep, but win.

OTOH, there have been many loud mouth tough guy coaches who sucked when it came to their overall record.

It's one thing to not like a coach because of his on-field approach, but to criticize a guy for the way he speaks or the phrases he uses during a presser is bordering "playing for the other team". What's next, threads about the way he eats his food, or why he doesn't grow a beard, and how that "translates" to on-field play?? Please spare us :lol:

I really can't figure out if some of these people think Jauron would all of a sudden be a better coach, if he said different things in a press conference, or that you can tell if a coach is good or bad by what they say to the press.

I really can't figure out if some of these people think Jauron would all of a sudden be a better coach, if he said different things in a press conference, or that you can tell if a coach is good or bad by what they say to the press.

I hate to say this, and don't agree with it, but I think some people are just so angry with the lack of playoff appearances that they just want to see Dick go into a presser and rip anything and everything that moves, just to show he cares.

Fact is, any man in his right mind would care about posting 7-9 records, and the fact Dick puts himself above being an A-hole in front of the press should be welcoming to fans. I don't know, some people are probably hoping for a T.O. like reaction, but I don't see how that would change anything, certainly not his gameplan...

I hate to say this, and don't agree with it, but I think some people are just so angry with the lack of playoff appearances that they just want to see Dick go into a presser and rip anything and everything that moves, just to show he cares.

Fact is, any man in his right mind would care about posting 7-9 records, and the fact Dick puts himself above being an A-hole in front of the press should be welcoming to fans. I don't know, some people are probably hoping for a T.O. like reaction, but I don't see how that would change anything, certainly not his gameplan...

The only change it would make is turning Dick from a crappy gentleman coach into a crappy douchebag coach.

Truth is, at least IMO, is Dick isn't a terrible coach. He is just a very conservative/nervous gameday coach who limits the top end of the team. He is competent Monday-Saturday when the team prepares (and interpersonal skills and football acumen are important) , but kind of chokes on Sunday, when decisions need to be made under fire. This has little to do with his post-game demeanor.

And, yes you are correct, some here simply want to rail against anything and everything, because the Bills have been losing. They want to see the coach (and the players, judging by many posts over the past year or so) sound as frustrated and pissed off as they do. That's a fairly useless reaction, IMO. It is important to tackle the things that don't work in an organization, while preserving the things that do. Indiscriminate finger pointing gets you nowhere. And, in my experience, public admonishment of players (or coaches) is counterproductive.

The only change it would make is turning Dick from a crappy gentleman coach into a crappy douchebag coach.

Truth is, at least IMO, is Dick isn't a terrible coach. He is just a very conservative/nervous gameday coach who limits the top end of the team. He is competent Monday-Saturday when the team prepares (and interpersonal skills and football acumen are important) , but kind of chokes on Sunday, when decisions need to be made under fire. This has little to do with his post-game demeanor.

And, yes you are correct, some here simply want to rail against anything and everything, because the Bills have been losing. They want to see the coach (and the players, judging by many posts over the past year or so) sound as frustrated and pissed off as they do. That's a fairly useless reaction, IMO. It is important to tackle the things that don't work in an organization, while preserving the things that do. Indiscriminate finger pointing gets you nowhere. And, in my experience, public admonishment of players (or coaches) is counterproductive.

Well then that makes 2 of us. I think your opinion of our coach is dead on, and even though most won't admit to it, is probably the consensus of most fans.

On another note, I was up your way last weekend. My wife teaches 4th grade and takes her kids their each year. She's been bugging me to go to learn some "Florida History". I kept telling her there wasn't any but finally caved in and went (5 year anniversary). I must say I was extremely impressed! Flagler College is the most beautiful College I've ever seen. We were able to take a tour of it, very impressive. Also toured the Fort, and took the Trolley Tour. Had a fantastic time learning about the area, seeing all the sites, and it was cool having someone explain it all to me. Learned a lot and can't wait to go back. Thought I'd share, I'm sure you know all of this, though.

Well then that makes 2 of us. I think your opinion of our coach is dead on, and even though most won't admit to it, is probably the consensus of most fans.

On another note, I was up your way last weekend. My wife teaches 4th grade and takes her kids their each year. She's been bugging me to go to learn some "Florida History". I kept telling her there wasn't any but finally caved in and went (5 year anniversary). I must say I was extremely impressed! Flagler College is the most beautiful College I've ever seen. We were able to take a tour of it, very impressive. Also toured the Fort, and took the Trolley Tour. Had a fantastic time learning about the area, seeing all the sites, and it was cool having someone explain it all to me. Learned a lot and can't wait to go back. Thought I'd share, I'm sure you know all of this, though.

I agree with your opinion of St Augustine. My sister (and her family) has lived here for well over 20 years. While I don't think much of Florida for the most part, St Augustine is pretty tolerable and very historic. It almost seems civil and urbane (to a degree). But I can assure you that face is thin veneer. Travel 10-15 miles in any direction (except East, of course) and you will realize you are in the heart of redneck country.

Well, when your strategy is to take the air out of the ball, keep the score close, and kick a FG as time runs out, then your strategy is to just have a chance.

Of course that isn't really aspiring towards greatness.

Hard to argue with that, Sis.

That's true, but I don't think it applies here. Guys like Belichick (or Lou Holtz as the best example) may downplay the team to the press, but with their team they have instilled confidence as a result of solid preparation and smart game planning. Jauron's teams don't tend to look confident or particularly well prepared, so it's easy to assume that his dour attitude isn't just a ruse for the media, but the manifestation of his true shortcomings as coach.

That's true, but I don't think it applies here. Guys like Belichick (or Lou Holtz as the best example) may downplay the team to the press, but with their team they have instilled confidence as a result of solid preparation and smart game planning. Jauron's teams don't tend to look confident or particularly well prepared, so it's easy to assume that his dour attitude isn't just a ruse for the media, but the manifestation of his true shortcomings as coach.

I whole-heartedly disagree with the team not looking prepared. Play calling, yes, that is sub-par and often times just plain wrong. But the players themselves have said that they are fully prepared each and every game (I know, what else would they say). Aside from the Willis comment regarding not knowing what down it was, I have not seen a game where the players looked "unprepared" OR lacking confidence. I would think the appearance of these would be a direct result of bad play calling by the coaches, but that's just me...