meeting TO tomorrow

to see how he is in person. I'll be attending a fund raiser at camp with a player meet and greet. I will be mentioning the $137,000 earrings and his show to him.

to see how he is in person. I'll be attending a fund raiser at camp with a player meet and greet. I will be mentioning the $137,000 earrings and his show to him.

You could really do quite a bit for inner-city kids with $137K. TBD usually doesn't miss much, but didn't see this article linked on the home page this morning...

Donn Esmonde: T. O. letting glitter dull his senses

I'm assuming the earrings are for himself? I don't wear earrings - don't really understand the whole 'guys wearing earrings' thing, but then again, I don't understand nose-rings or tongue piercings, either. :thumbsup:

Hey

Tell him (for me!) that we're glad he's here and to get in Jauron's face when he is certain he caught a ball and it was ruled incorrectly on the field. Tell him Dick is amazing at getting EVERY CHALLENGE wrong so...help him out, will you TO?

Go Bills!

I don't think he bought the earings. I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure he just wore them out and around for the day and then returned them.

It clearly shows him giving his credit card and signing a receipt. But that doesn't mean he bought those exact earrings.

It clearly shows him giving his credit card and signing a receipt. But that doesn't mean he bought those exact earrings.

I could have sworn he tried them on, asked how much, the guy said 137k and something like "would you like me to ring them up?" and then Owens said, "No, let me wear them out."

I dunno.

I'm assuming the earrings are for himself? I don't wear earrings - don't really understand the whole 'guys wearing earrings' thing, but then again, I don't understand nose-rings or tongue piercings, either. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

In a recent crossword I did, the answer to "obsolete piece of jewelry" was "nose ring". Times change...

Pierced ears are the ancient sign of a person in slavery.

You could really do quite a bit for inner-city kids with $137K. TBD usually doesn't miss much, but didn't see this article linked on the home page this morning...

That article was pretty stupid. While it is certainly noble to help the poor and needy, TO (or anyone else above the poverty line) should not be shamed every time they make a purchase because of what that money "could have done" to make the world better.

I find the premise completely absurd and think it shows the writer to be an ultra-liberal who probably enjoys communal living. Exactly how much of this writer's "wealth" do you think he has given to inner city kids or activist organizations. Do you think he is followed by a camera crew when he goes shopping and then people get to criticize him for his purchase(s).

TO does a lot of charity work (although this information is buried at the bottom of the article). His work on behalf of Alzheimer's is not as well reported as the evil villain image that ESPN portrays, but he making a difference in ways the rest of us could never financially match.

If you mention the $137,000 earrings, I'd simply point out that we'd love to see that kind of excitement from him in helping out around Buffalo.

But to read another media story about people telling others what to do with their money really disgusts me. Sounds like Donn Esmonde watched the show and got so pissed off that a multi-millionaire bought some nice jewelry. Read the headline: T.O. letting glitter dull his senses. This writer is attacking T.O. solely based on a possession he purchased. All T.O. did was purchase something and now Donn Esmonde is attacking him.

I understand what he's saying about the kids, but, this is typical media perspective.

How far off are we as a society until people that choose to buy name brand items are attacked for not buying the generic brand?

T.O. and that $137,000 wasn't the only hope for the needy in Buffalo and there's other Bills making more money from the team, what about them? And keep in mind, T.O. has other endorsement deals worth millions and I would bet VH1 paid him $10-$20 million for the show.

The season hasn't even started yet.

If you mention the $137,000 earrings, I'd simply point out that we'd love to see that kind of excitement from him in helping out around Buffalo.

But to read another media story about people telling others what to do with their money really disgusts me. Sounds like Donn Esmonde watched the show and got so pissed off that a multi-millionaire bought some nice jewelry. Read the headline: T.O. letting glitter dull his senses. This writer is attacking T.O. solely based on a possession he purchased. All T.O. did was purchase something and now Donn Esmonde is attacking him.

I understand what he's saying about the kids, but, this is typical media perspective.

How far off are we as a society until people that choose to buy name brand items are attacked for not buying the generic brand?

T.O. and that $137,000 wasn't the only hope for the needy in Buffalo and there's other Bills making more money from the team, what about them? And keep in mind, T.O. has other endorsement deals worth millions and I would bet VH1 paid him $10-$20 million for the show.

The season hasn't even started yet.

Agreed for the most part, but personally, I'd swap out "media" for "Esmonde" in the bolded phrase. Most of us don't care what T.O. (or any other athlete) does with his money, but DE enjoys tilting at those windmills -- think that's why he moved from "the toy department" (sports) to cityside.

Agreed for the most part, but personally, I'd swap out "media" for "Esmonde" in the bolded phrase. Most of us don't care what T.O. (or any other athlete) does with his money, but DE enjoys tilting at those windmills -- think that's why he moved from "the toy department" (sports) to cityside.

You're right, there are sports writers who shine through the other typical media perspective. Tim Graham's piece on Lebron playing football caused a lot of talk, I heard them talking about it on Sirius NFL Radio, I think Wingo even questioned it on NFL Live, but I thought it was original and brilliant. It created SO MUCH talk in SO SLOW of a news cycle.

That article was pretty stupid. While it is certainly noble to help the poor and needy, TO (or anyone else above the poverty line) should not be shamed every time they make a purchase because of what that money "could have done" to make the world better.

I find the premise completely absurd and think it shows the writer to be an ultra-liberal who probably enjoys communal living. Exactly how much of this writer's "wealth" do you think he has given to inner city kids or activist organizations. Do you think he is followed by a camera crew when he goes shopping and then people get to criticize him for his purchase(s).

TO does a lot of charity work (although this information is buried at the bottom of the article). His work on behalf of Alzheimer's is not as well reported as the evil villain image that ESPN portrays, but he making a difference in ways the rest of us could never financially match.

I didn't realize the Buffalo Snooze was paying Esmonde $6 million/year. Holy crap! Now I wanna know what Esmonde spends on his own earrings.

Cool! Just don't go near a hut tub with him, ok? He's in training #89 and can't be trusted near a mynx like you.

GO BILLS!!!

People are so hung up about the rich and famous and they spend their money. If TO decided to turn all of his money into one dollar bills and then have a bomb fire it's his choice. He earned that money he can do what he wants with it.

People are so hung up about the rich and famous and they spend their money. If TO decided to turn all of his money into one dollar bills and then have a bomb fire it's his choice. He earned that money he can do what he wants with it.

Hope he doesn't have a bomb fire, we need him alive for the season. Instead, he could have a bonfire with the money and that would be okay.

Well said NY Nole, well said :rolleyes: