Last post wins!

/dev/null

Any money in farming? Seems like cost is very high.

In commercial beef there is very little, if any, profit. The biggest profits always come when the kids sell the land and property.

In row crop you can make some money, it's a lot different.

In the direct to market area you can actually make decent money if you have the customers because you sidestep the middle man in order to profit. I have generally made enough to cover most costs; however fixing the farm up from what my grandpa left it as - well it has taken a lot.

edit: Almost famous is a damn good movie. (I was up late at Emergency Vet; girlfriends dog was sick, trying to get some energy mustered up to get some work done).

Edited by jboyst62

In commercial beef there is very little, if any, profit. The biggest profits always come when the kids sell the land and property.

In row crop you can make some money, it's a lot different.

In the direct to market area you can actually make decent money if you have the customers because you sidestep the middle man in order to profit. I have generally made enough to cover most costs; however fixing the farm up from what my grandpa left it as - well it has taken a lot.

edit: Almost famous is a damn good movie. (I was up late at Emergency Vet; girlfriends dog was sick, trying to get some energy mustered up to get some work done).

Keep fighting the good fight. I'm actually kinda jealous I think I would enjoy being a farmer or rancher but there is no way I can economically jump in to it

1336338889[/url]' post='2459528']

Keep fighting the good fight. I'm actually kinda jealous I think I would enjoy being a farmer or rancher but there is no way I can economically jump in to it

Just go sign your name.

It's humpday, right?

Anyway, just wanted to say how greatful I am for all ya'll across the board. Kind of hard to stay focused sometimes with everything going on - somehow, this place helps maintain gravity or maybe it's just eeeerrrrr some psychological term for familiarity. But nonetheless, most of you guys are kind of ok, so I thank you!

It's humpday, right?

Anyway, just wanted to say how greatful I am for all ya'll across the board. Kind of hard to stay focused sometimes with everything going on - somehow, this place helps maintain gravity or maybe it's just eeeerrrrr some psychological term for familiarity. But nonetheless, most of you guys are kind of ok, so I thank you!

No it's not hump day....yet ...and yes the

fellowship here is fun!

I've been a member here for over ten years (wow that long!?!) but my post count is kinda low (busy job in the past few years really limited my ability to get stuff down on 'paper').

I figure this place is as good as any for gratuitous postings to bump by post count. Agreed?

I figure this place is as good as any for gratuitous postings to bump by post count. Agreed?

Uh.... no, go away.

But nonetheless, most of you guys are kind of ok, so I thank you!

Yes! I'm kinda ok!

*sobs*

I'm doing it anyway.

Well, if you choose to. But it requires a lot of dedication (and alcohol) to come here every day and post. Many have tried, and many have failed. So ask yourself, are you strong enough? First test is to read the entire thread, if you find Meads Strombolli recipe, then we'll know you're dedicated to the cause. (And don't just search for all of Meads posts in the thread, it's not posted under his name)

Well, if you choose to. But it requires a lot of dedication (and alcohol) to come here every day and post. Many have tried, and many have failed. So ask yourself, are you strong enough? First test is to read the entire thread, if you find Meads Strombolli recipe, then we'll know you're dedicated to the cause. (And don't just search for all of Meads posts in the thread, it's not posted under his name)

I've found that you can tweak this dedication/alcohol ratio. For me it started out at like 1 to 1. Now it's pretty much all alcohol with dedication as an occasional chaser.

I've found that you can tweak this dedication/alcohol ratio. For me it started out at like 1 to 1. Now it's pretty much all alcohol with dedication as an occasional chaser.

I've found that opium is a good substitute for dedication.