How did you celebrate

Here are the President's comments:

http://www.edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/0...ride/index.html

There's the answer to insurance coverage. Claim you are gay, find an employed person with benefits, and glom off that person's employer. Perhaps kick over 50 bucks a month to your mythical partner to keep the scam alive. :D

Gaming the US federal government is so easy... :devil:

There's the answer to insurance coverage. Claim you are gay, find an employed person with benefits, and glom off that person's employer. Perhaps kick over 50 bucks a month to your mythical partner to keep the scam alive. :D

And straight people can't do this? Get a friend of the opposite sex, take a quick trip to the courthouse, and all of a sudden you have tax benefits, insurance benefits, etc.

And straight people can't do this? Get a friend of the opposite sex, take a quick trip to the courthouse, and all of a sudden you have tax benefits, insurance benefits, etc.

Yes - but there you have the legal, if not the moral, commitment of marriage. Such an arrangement of convenience has entailing ramifications.

I got you a card.

Since you seem open-minded, how about polygamy?

Don't care, as long as all the partners do it of their own free will and are at least 18, as opposed to some of those cult-like compounds where girls under 18 are put in arraigned marriages to old men.

It's a shame that people like Lt. Dan Choi, an Arabic-speaking officer who served for 15 months in Iraq as a member of Fort Drum's 10th Mountain Division before joining a New York National Guard unit based in Manhattan, are recommended for dismissal from the military just because of public knowledge of his orientation, yet people like Gov. Sanford are allowed to keep their jobs.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/200...mends_disc.html

Its written that gays are not allowed in the military. Its NOT written that philanderers are not allowed to be Governors.

He broke the code (right or wrong) and got kicked out. Hes got ZERO case. NONE.

Gays are allowed, they just can't admit they're gay. I never said the action wasn't legal, I said it was a shame. Forcing a brave veteran to leave while allowing a lovelorn unstable Governor to stay. :thumbsup:

Gays are allowed, they just can't admit they're gay. I never said the action wasn't legal, I said it was a shame. Forcing a brave veteran to leave while allowing a lovelorn unstable Governor to stay. :thumbsup:

Get with the program. It's 2009. Being heterosexual is far more of an advantage to US military operations than being able to speak Arabic. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Then why didn't you want Bubba to quit? He had sex in the office during office hours. Sexual harassment.

So let's get married, in a big cathedral by a priest, cuz if I'm the man you love the most, well you can say 'I do,' at least.

Amazing! A post by TBC that I actually enjoyed. At the Hotel Yorba I'll be glad to see ya later. :thumbsup:

There's the answer to insurance coverage. Claim you are gay, find an employed person with benefits, and glom off that person's employer. Perhaps kick over 50 bucks a month to your mythical partner to keep the scam alive. :unsure:

Gaming the US federal government is so easy... :censored:

Hmm, I spy a movie plot. Could make millions. Maybe cast someone like Adam Sandler & Kevin James.

Then why didn't you want Bubba to quit? He had sex in the office during office hours. Sexual harassment.

Consensual sex between adults isn't harassment. Bubba didn't have a problem with gays in the military like Republicans do. He took it as far as was politically feasible at the time with 'don't ask, don't tell', and still got political flack for just that interim step. And of course Sanford called for Bubba to resign, but won't do the same himself.

1) That's not sexual harrassment.

2) As I recall, Clinton was actually working. Wasn't he on the phone with Congressional leadership during one of his trysts?

3) As I recall, you were solidly in the "The president is ALWAYS on the clock" camp during every "Bush takes too many vacations" whine and B word session. So the president should NEVER have sex, because he's always working, and therefore stealing from the American taxpayer?

Don't care, as long as all the partners do it of their own free will and are at least 18, as opposed to some of those cult-like compounds where girls under 18 are put in arraigned marriages to old men.

It's a shame that people like Lt. Dan Choi, an Arabic-speaking officer who served for 15 months in Iraq as a member of Fort Drum's 10th Mountain Division before joining a New York National Guard unit based in Manhattan, are recommended for dismissal from the military just because of public knowledge of his orientation, yet people like Gov. Sanford are allowed to keep their jobs.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/200...mends_disc.html

Just wondering, is this the guy that came out knowing that he would be kicked out if he did so? I think I saw him on one of those TV shows my F-IN-L watches, and he watches MSNBC.

IF that is in fact the person in question, although I don't give a rat's ass if he's gay or not, if he was DUMB enough to do what they said not to do, then he gets no sympathy from me...

Consensual sex between adults isn't harassment. Bubba didn't have a problem with gays in the military like Republicans do. He took it as far as was politically feasible at the time with 'don't ask, don't tell', and still got political flack for just that interim step. And of course Sanford called for Bubba to resign, but won't do the same himself.

Your blindness is remarkable. He was her Superior,and in a position to cause her to lose her job if she didn't comply. Check workplace laws before you issue one of your automated responses.

Your blindness is remarkable. He was her Superior,and in a position to cause her to lose her job if she didn't comply. Check workplace laws before you issue one of your automated responses.

Check your facts. What proof do you have that he forced her or intimidated her to do anything? Did she file for sexual harassment? Did she even make a claim of harassment after it was public? No. It was consensual sex between adults.

Check your facts. What proof do you have that he forced her or intimidated her to do anything? Did she file for sexual harassment? Did she even make a claim of harassment after it was public? No. It was consensual sex between adultsDemocrats.

Updated with PJ's rationale

Check workplace laws yourself. That is not the definition of sexual harrassment.

Check your facts. What proof do you have that he forced her or intimidated her to do anything? Did she file for sexual harassment? Did she even make a claim of harassment after it was public? No. It was consensual sex between adults.

He did it in the office. If he did it upstairs in the private quarters in the evening, that's different.

Go and screw one of your employees in your office and have the boss find out- see how long you last.

Democrats can murder someone (Ted Kennedy), rape someone (Slick Willie - Juanita Broderick (remember"Put some ice on it?)

or be an officer in a racist organization (Robert KKK Byrd ) and nothing happens.

WHAT PART OF HE WAS HER BOSS are you missing?

That's not part of the definition of sexual harrassment.

You're probably confusing it with the laws several states have concerning HS teachers dating students (i.e.: they can't, even if the student is of legal age and consents.) But having consensual sexual relations with your boss is not harassment by the boss.

You're more than welcome to look it up. Under federal jurisdiction, the EEOC is the enforcing body.