Things that ARE overrated

KD in CA

I know. Everybody seems to love it,but I just don't get what the big deal is. The difference is so slight to me,I would never pay the extra bucks.

I'll echo the glasses suggestion (no offense...).

I still remember the first game I watched in HD -- I had it in SD on a second TV and the first thing I noticed was that I could see both the punter and the punt returner on the screen at the SAME TIME on the HDTV. Not so much on the SDTV. Seeing more of the field is a good thing. Add in the extra detail you get and it's a no brainer.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may go to hell for this - go ahead and check, its in the Bible.

Nope, he sold his soul to the devil long ago, when he went from musician to "Rock Star".

There aren't many things more shallow, and less useful, than a rock star.

Season: Summer I'll say Spring. It fell on a Thursday in Cleveland and lasted until Friday.

Hot Chick: Angelina Jolie I second this one. I just don't see her appeal.

NFL Player: Joe Namath Good choice, but I say just about any big-named, big-mouthed wide receiver. You run the play, you catch the ball. That's all you do.

MLB Player: Phil Rizutto Carlos Beltran, who's done little for the Mets the past few years.

NBA Player: Jason Kidd Couldn't really tell you, as I don't watch the NBA unless LeBron is involved.

NHL Player: Rick DiPietro +1. 15 year contract???

TV personality: Jay Leno Perez Hilton. We get it, you're gay. Now go crawl back under your rock, dumb@$$.

TV show: Home Improvement Heroes. It isn't very watchable, IMO.

Web site: Twitter MySpace. It's provided every 15 year old girl in this country an opportunity to act like a skank.

Musician: Bob Seger John Legend

Movie: Titanic American Pie. OK, high school kids are trying to lose their virginity. No need to encourage high schoolers...they were doing it before the movie was ever written.

And The Dos Equis guy (I don't find him that interesting, let alone the most interesting person in the world)

For some reason, I think of Ron Burgundy whenever he says his closing line..."You stay classy, San Diego."

I will also add the following:

Starbucks

The New York Yankees

HD radio...I can understand HDTV, but do we really need HD radio?

That's the problem with opinions - every one of them are wrong unless they are your own. But, you are still going to hell.

axually the problem comes in when folks think their opinions are fact and state them as such. The music snobs are some of the worstest ones about this. Yes Deano...I mean you!

axually the problem comes in when folks think their opinions are fact and state them as such. The music snobs are some of the worstest ones about this. Yes Deano...I mean you!

At least I admit it!

I can respect music that doesn't speak to me, but it usually has to have a decent level of proficiency.

Season: Summer

Hot Chick: Angelina Jolie

NFL Player: Joe Namath

MLB Player: Phil Rizutto

NBA Player: Jason Kidd

NHL Player: Rick DiPietro

TV personality: Jay Leno

TV show: Home Improvement

Web site: Twitter

Musician: Bob Seger

Movie: Titanic

And The Dos Equis guy (I don't find him that interesting, let alone the most interesting person in the world)

I think I like this format.. I shall use it. :rolleyes:

Season: Summer (Totally agree)

Hot Chick: The idiot blonde that got her own "Rock of" show on MTV.

NFL Player: Deion Sanders

MLB Player: Almost every Yankee, ever. (Don't get me wrong, most are very good.. but, they aren't great just because they wear/wore pinstripes.)

NBA Player: Yao Ming

NHL Player: Dany Heatley

TV personality: Steven Colbert

TV show: American Idol

Web site: MySpace, Facebook, etc. etc.

Musician: Metallica

Movie: The Godfather

Hey now you knock that off Mr. Beeeeeeerbaaaaaaaaaawwwwl.

Deano is our resident music snob.

Chef is our resident wine snob.

I'm our resident cheap beer snob.... errr nevermind. :rolleyes:

At least I admit it!

I can respect music that doesn't speak to me, but it usually has to have a decent level of proficiency.

The Boss is one of the greatest performers in the history of ever...who cares about proficiency? By the way, he IS proficient.

And if Born to Run doesn't speak to you, then what does?

Also, listen to his 2002 album The Rising, if you haven't already...and then tell me how he's not proficient.