MLB Player: Phil Rizutto

NBA Player: Jason Kidd

NHL Player: Rick DiPietro

TV personality: Jay Leno

TV show: Home Improvement

Web site: Twitter

Musician: Bob Seger

Movie: Titanic

And The Dos Equis guy (I don't find him that interesting, let alone the most interesting person in the world)

You obviously don't go to the same beaches and drink the same expensive wine that I do.

Oh, I agree on the Krispy Kreme though.

I work with a bunch of wine snobs ... maybe it is me but tell me why a $300 bottle is better than a $15 bottle that has the same general rating? I get the whole thing around matching wine with food. However, at some point all you are doing is throwing money at nothing. I used to be the same way with Vodka. I thought Grey Goose was it. Then I taste tested and found out I paid more for nothing. Personally I find the same happens with wine. Much noise over nothing.

Forgot - give me some beach recommendations. I've yet to meet one that I am crazy about ... maybe Carmel but like the area more than the beach itself.

I work with a bunch of wine snobs ... maybe it is me but tell me why a $300 bottle is better than a $15 bottle that has the same general rating? I get the whole thing around matching wine with food. However, at some point all you are doing is throwing money at nothing. I used to be the same way with Vodka. I thought Grey Goose was it. Then I taste tested and found out I paid more for nothing. Personally I find the same happens with wine. Much noise over nothing.

Forgot - give me some beach recommendations. I've yet to meet one that I am crazy about ... maybe Carmel but like the area more than the beach itself.

I've had some very good bottles of wine at $15 but never a great one. I've had great bottles at $300 that you remember for the rest of your life.

Here are my favorite beaches:

Hawksnest in St John.

Trunk Bay St. John

White Beach Jost Van Dyke

I've had some very good bottles of wine at $15 but never a great one. I've had great bottles at $300 that you remember for the rest of your life.

Maybe I just do not like wine enough ... have yet to meet a $300 bottle (yes even at retail and not marked up restaurant charges) that made my world rock. No biggie as it just may be my taste buds or lack thereof. If you like expensive wine and are not spending my money more power to you.

I've had great bottles at $300 that you remember for the rest of your life.

I know that if I spent $300 on something to drink that I'd remember it for the rest of my life... As a waste of $300. :devil:

(sorry, couldn't resist -- many could say the same type of thing about my A/V and photography stuff. <_< )

Maybe I just do not like wine enough ... have yet to meet a $300 bottle (yes even at retail and not marked up restaurant charges) that made my world rock. No biggie as it just may be my taste buds or lack thereof. If you like expensive wine and are not spending my money more power to you.

Don't get me wrong you don't have to spend that much money for a good bottle so I know exactly where you're coming from. I let me company pay for those. <_<

I know that if I spent $300 on something to drink that I'd remember it for the rest of my life... As a waste of $300. :D

(sorry, couldn't resist -- many could say the same type of thing about my A/V and photography stuff. :devil: )

See my post above. I never said I bought it...I just drink it. <_<

I know. Everybody seems to love it,but I just don't get what the big deal is. The difference is so slight to me,I would never pay the extra bucks.

Have you ever watched them side by side? Most people haven't. I used to feel the same way as you until a friend set up two tv's side by side and the difference was amazing. When I looked at HDTV by itself I never saw how big of a difference it was.

Either that, or you need new glasses. <_<

Have you ever watched them side by side? Most people haven't. I used to feel the same way as you until a friend set up two tv's side by side and the difference was amazing. When I looked at HDTV by itself I never saw how big of a difference it was.

Either that, or you need new glasses. :devil:

No I haven't. My cable provider offers free HD for a week every now and then and I switch back and forth between the HD channels and the non-HD ones. That's the closest I've come to side by side. I can see a difference,it's just big enough to make it worth it for me. As far as needing new glasses,I'm close to 50 and I don't wear glasses,so maybe that's something I should look into. <_<