Resignation Letter...

I'm turning in my resignation letter next Tuesday and I am about to start on it. Should I keep it as concise as possible or should I emphasize on my experience here? Should I load it with compliments and thank you's? I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions? All response is appreciated!! :lol:

"My job consists of basically masking my contempt for the !@#$s in charge, and, at least once a day, retiring to the men's room so I can jerk off while I fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble Hell."

Lester Burnham- American Beauty

Wow. That's pretty deep.

My job has been to basically run and increase the company's growth. And I've tripled the total income in just 1 year even with a recession. I'm pretty sure when I give the owner my letter of resignation next Tuesday he's going to be in a fit of rage (especially since I'm going over to one of our competitors). There's no competition clause or stipulation in my contract. I would try to see if he wants to counter-offer the new job I'm going to, but I really do hate working for him. I figure I'd be short, concise, and professional. With a "thanks for the opportunity" at the end.

Another $10 if you work in Chroise®

THAT would be awesome!!!

Let me get this started...

Dear Mr._____,

I am hereby providing you with two weeks notice of my resignation from Company X. Though I have enjoyed my time here, I cannot stay at a company that is so utterly lacking in Chroise. The lack of Chroise here is readily apparent from management down; there is simply no non-box thinking or flashy yet supportive chroison smiles among the employees here. As such, I am leaving the Company to serve as an assistant/slave/stalker to Gibran Hamdan, aka the Chroison One.

THAT would be awesome!!!

Let me get this started...

Dear Mr._____,

I am hereby providing you with two weeks notice of my resignation from Company X. Though I have enjoyed my time here, I cannot stay at a company that is so utterly lacking in Chroise. The lack of Chroise here is readily apparent from management down; there is simply no non-box thinking or flashy yet supportive chroison smiles among the employees here. As such, I am leaving the Company to serve as an assistant/slave/stalker to Gibran Hamdan, aka the Chroison One.

He's a Cowboys fan so that'll piss him off even more... if he ever figured it out.

I'm turning in my resignation letter next Tuesday and I am about to start on it. Should I keep it as concise as possible or should I emphasize on my experience here? Should I load it with compliments and thank you's? I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions? All response is appreciated!! :(

Mr XYZ,

This is to inform you that my last day of employment with Company A will be on 7/1/2009.

Thank you,

Signature.

Joe Shmoe.

I cant believe nobody has suggested that you tell your boss to "take this job and Shove-it, I aint working here no more..."

Seriously, short and polite is best... especially if you want him to counter-offer... Lots of zeroes may overcome your dislike of the boss...