Ralph Wilson picks Chris Berman

Awesome choice. You know the speech will be entertaining, but sincere.

I hope more sincere than entertaining. In other words I hope Berman doesn't do his schtick so the spotlight shines on him rather than the inductees.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how come everyone hated Bruce choosing Ted Cottrell, but everyone loves Ralph choosing Berman? Or maybe they just hate Bruce? I thought Berman/ESPN were the devil around here...

I think both Bruce and Ralph made fine choices...

Don't know why anyone would hate Bruce choosing Cottrell but as far as Ralph choosing Berman? You must be living in a cave if you think Bills fans think the same of Berman as they do of a lot of the people at ESPN. People like Mortensen may be jackasses :lol: but Berman has always been the man :lol:

Not sure what his connection to the Bills or Ralph is other than the Circling the Wagons slogan? Maybe he wasn't his first choice, maybe someone turned him down, but who knows? We never will. Ralph has burned alot of bridges over the years with people that were coaches and executives in the organizations (Saban, Wade Phillips, Polian, etc.) But what an entertaining guy Berman has been for years. I met him at both Marv Levy's and Jim Kelly's induction ceremonies and also sent him a card to sign at ESPN about 15 years ago and he actually took the time to type me a letter as well as sign the card. One thing good about it, it will make the ceremony go a little quicker, Berman will be introducing himself as the presenter. Back Back Back Back Back!

So, how come everyone hated Bruce choosing Ted Cottrell, but everyone loves Ralph choosing Berman? Or maybe they just hate Bruce? I thought Berman/ESPN were the devil around here...

I think both Bruce and Ralph made fine choices...

I don't think "everyone' hated Bruce for picking Cotrell, in fact I read most of the posts the first day on that subject, and there weren't too many negative ones. I too though, would have liked to see him continue the tradition of Marv Levy inducting him, what entertaining speeches he gives. Not to start a controversy, but maybe it was a race thing?

Don't know why anyone would hate Bruce choosing Cottrell but as far as Ralph choosing Berman? You must be living in a cave if you think Bills fans think the same of Berman as they do of a lot of the people at ESPN. People like Mortensen may be jackasses :lol: but Berman has always been the man :lol:

I agree with you, anyone who has been a Bills fan for more than the last 5 or 6 years has to love Berman, he has without a doubt been the Bills biggest supporter on a national level. He has become good friends with Kelly and many of the other former Bills.

I don't think "everyone' hated Bruce for picking Cotrell, in fact I read most of the posts the first day on that subject, and there weren't too many negative ones. I too though, would have liked to see him continue the tradition of Marv Levy inducting him, what entertaining speeches he gives. Not to start a controversy, but maybe it was a race thing?

Okay, I was exaggerating a bit on the "everybody" part, but most of the responses revolved around Bruces' DUI, and Cottrells' impending coaching job in the new league....

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=89996

Persoanlly, I love Marv, but I am glad someone else is getting the call on this one...I know Cottrells' players loved him....

Somewhat surprising choice to me. I'm happy w/ it. Sounds morbid/callous, but I suspect there's one or more he'd rather have, but they're all dead.

Same thing here. IMO, it would have been Russert.

Maybe Ralph was the taxi driver?

Hinkley shot Reagan because of Ralph! :blink:

:lol: :lol: :oops::wallbash:

If you saw BS interviewed at SB he said it would either be Levy or Cottrell.

Huh? :lol:

Who hated Bruce choosing Cottrell?

News to me, too, Sen. But I don't read every stupid thread.

Berman is an outstanding choice, IMO. I have no problem with Ted C, either.

I thought it would be a member of the press but was thinking Buffalo press like Larry Felser or the representative who has been pushing his nomination all of these years.

"The Press" has not always been kind to Ralph