Hello, Dick, why did we draft Maybin #1?

Aaron Maybin at #11, a first round pick, but he is a tall, skinny pass rusher. He is not gonna be a LDE inthe NFL. He's either gonna be a bust or a good RDE.

Right now, we got Schobel at RDE, so if he is healthy, do you sit Maybin or try something creative until Schobel is ready to step down? My suggestion for Dicky is to try Maybin in Ellison's spot. How could he be worse?

On that side then, lined up to either blitz or cover. you have Aaron Schobel, Aaron Maybin and Leodis McKelvin. How does an opponent block them?

On the other hand, if the other team runs the ball to the left, who makes the tackle? Well, Ellison wouldn't anyway.

Sol, the question arises, where does Maybin fit? It sure ain't LDE. So where? I'm sayin, Ellison's spot.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybin will not be a starter this year. He will play some with Schobel. If Schobel stays healthy and Maybin plays good then you have two good players at DE. Denney and Kelsay are around as run stopping DE. The Giants proved a few years ago you cant have enough good DE in this league. Maybin could also play opposite Schobel in obvious passing downs this year. Could create a miss match for opposing teams. If Maybin developes and Schobel is healthy, like he claims.

Maybin will back up Schobel and play LDE in obvious passing downs this year- what's so mind boggling about that

It's mind boggling that the Bills defense would rotate out their Pro Bowl pass rusher during obvious passing situations. The real question is how will Bob Sanders maximize Schobel and Maybin on the field.

Maybin is a pretty young football player, without a lot of experience. Who's to say what he really is at this point?

Jauron signed a 3 year extension, the way he drafted this season it looks like he intends to be here for those 3 years. Its just a darn shame he didn't draft like this his first year with the Bills.

Maybin will be a situational pass rusher this year, if he starts the Bills will set a record for rushing yards allowed. If he is able to develop properly he should start to get really good by his 3rd year, same with the two rookie O linemen. I simply don't see a miracle happening with the way that line was retooled so quickly.

I keep reading on these boards that Maybin was the best pass rusher in the draft, he wasn't. It was Brian Orakpo , who was drafted by the Redskins after the Bills took Maybin.

Jauron signed a 3 year extension, the way he drafted this season it looks like he intends to be here for those 3 years. Its just a darn shame he didn't draft like this his first year with the Bills.

Maybin will be a situational pass rusher this year, if he starts the Bills will set a record for rushing yards allowed. If he is able to develop properly he should start to get really good by his 3rd year, same with the two rookie O linemen. I simply don't see a miracle happening with the way that line was retooled so quickly.

I keep reading on these boards that Maybin was the best pass rusher in the draft, he wasn't. It was Brian Orakpo , who was drafted by the Redskins after the Bills took Maybin.

And yu know this how exactly? Neither player has seen one down on the field.......

Aaron Maybin at #11, a first round pick, but he is a tall, skinny pass rusher. He is not gonna be a LDE inthe NFL. He's either gonna be a bust or a good RDE.

There lies your answer. Either he's going to be a bust or a good to great RDE. I think the latter. Maybin is hopefully going to be the replacement for an aging Aaron Schobel but as of now I think that we can expect him to be a 3rd down pass rusher from the LDE position.

I just posted about Kelsay possibily being better suited as a OLB in a 3-4 defense but I should have read your post first because you're right about Maybin not being a LDE.

Maybin will back up Schobel and play LDE in obvious passing downs this year- what's so mind boggling about that

It's mind boggling that the Bills defense would rotate out their Pro Bowl pass rusher during obvious passing situations. The real question is how will Bob Sanders maximize Schobel and Maybin on the field.

Maybin is a pretty young football player, without a lot of experience. Who's to say what he really is at this point?

who's our pro bowl LDE? Schobel is our RDE - damn learn to read- here I'm typing slowly, Maybin will back up Schobel and on Obvious passing downs replace Kelsay- maybe you're not faking a roughing because you post like you are concussed

You are actually making me wish they would move more games to Toronto....

Right now, we got Schobel at RDE, so if he is healthy, do you sit Maybin or try something creative until Schobel is ready to step down? My suggestion for Dicky is to try Maybin in Ellison's spot. How could he be worse?

On that side then, lined up to either blitz or cover. you have Aaron Schobel, Aaron Maybin and Leodis McKelvin. How does an opponent block them?

On the other hand, if the other team runs the ball to the left, who makes the tackle? Well, Ellison wouldn't anyway.

Sol, the question arises, where does Maybin fit? It sure ain't LDE. So where? I'm sayin, Ellison's spot.

LDE, regardless of the things you seem to regard as facts, which are in fact, opinions.

thank you buddy nix. obviously the bills namely nix and modrak think you are completely wrong seeing they had their pick of any DE in the draft except jackson and they choose Maybin.

I'm sticking with their judgement seeing that they actually watch film of these players and do extensive scouting and actually watch every game tapeof every game they play in unlike you or any other of us message board GM's.

by the way nix and modrak have been in this business of personnel for a combined 70 years enough said.

I'm assuming you're stating that he can't play LDE because of his limitations against the running game? (Most teams tend to run more often to their right side - our left.) If he's as good of a pass rusher as people think, maybe they move him to the right side and move Schobel over to the left?

As for your assertion that he fits into Ellison's spot, I'm not sure he'd be any better in pass coverage (which the LB's are sometimes forced to do) then against the run. I think they start working him at LDE, and see how it goes. Eventually, I think you're right that they'll want him to take over at RDE.