It's Official: Pisa agrees to terms with the Bears

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Keith Ellison...remains...our starter.

:w00t:

That, my friends, is a big deal. I just cant understand how the Bills bring in THIS many OLBs and fail to sign a single one of them. Oh wait, I forgot about Pat "Megastar" Thomas.

I believe Winborn is still out there, could be wrong though. He'd be a significant upgrade over Ellison, he even played better than Pisa did last year. If the Bills wanted him, they could have him. I think it's safe to say that they don't want him.

Until I find out how much the deal was worth, I will reserve judgement. But I can't imagine a one year deal being worth all that much.

If it is less than 3 mil, then this is crap. We could have answered our LB question right there and been done with it. Personally, my guess is that we offered him similar money, pry a little less, and Tisa just wanted to go where the team has sniffed the playoffs in the past decade.

This is getting kinda sad. The only people we bring in are the players no one else will take or the ones forced to by the Draft. Just another sign of poor image of the Bills and our FO's ability to change it.

And Keith Ellison...remains...our starter.

:w00t:

That, my friends, is a big deal. I just cant understand how the Bills bring in THIS many OLBs and fail to sign a single one of them. Oh wait, I forgot about Pat "Megastar" Thomas.

They should have never let Crowell walk, even if the team had hard feelings about his surgery last year he is hands down better than Ellison.

There remain a host of factors that go into why a player signs with a certain team. Chicago still plays the C2 defense, like Buffalo does. PT's options were few, given his size and what he brings to a team.

Still, the Bills are becoming a team that is more like the bridesmaid and not the bride. They've invited a host of players this off-season and did not acquire anyone (outside of the released Owens) who can be considered a proven NFL player.

I'm sure someone will say PT wasn't good and basically knock him down as a player in order to reduce the blame onto the front office. But the fact remains that another guy who was invited to Buffalo, and for whom the Bills had little competition, chose to sign elsewhere.

I'm sad we missed out on another player who isn't very good. Now let's get back to bashing our own players and talking about how untalented they are.

Do you think he's better than Ellison? Because that's what matters.

This is NOT a big deal.

We will just play a second stringer at this position...pretty stock move for the BB Front Office.

We've known about this hole since Crowell's release...(imagine how nasty our LB core had been if he had stayed)

Someone in the FO just realized that for the money we would have to pay Tisa pinamosa, we could have kept a guy who was pretty darn good, was familiar with the system, and had a pronouncable name. :w00t:

Do you think he's better than Ellison? Because that's what matters.

The Tinoisamoa of a couple of years ago is better than Ellison was last season. The Tinoisamoa of last season was actually worse. He's lost a bunch of weight and he's nowhere near as effective as he once was, which is the biggest reason he got punted outta St Louis.

The Tinoisamoa of a couple of years ago is better than Ellison was last season. The Tinoisamoa of last season was actually worse. He's lost a bunch of weight and he's nowhere near as effective as he once was, which is the biggest reason he got punted outta St Louis.

Right, I'm sure our FO would agree with you.

They brought him in and offered him a contract so he could be Ellison's backup.

That makes sense.

I'd like nothing more than an upgrade at the OLB position, but, when I looked into it, his stats weren't much better than ellison's, and he'd be only a two down backer. It makes sense not to pay a lot unless he's a considerable upgrade. Let's see if Ellison gets beat up on this year, or if the Bills sign someone else, or if someone on the roster unseats him. I'd be happier seeing Poz light it up this year, with a consistent Ellison, than a slight upgrade over Ellison, and no improvement out of Poz.

My only hope is that the Bills, having been rejected by another OLB, will actually go out and get Derrick Brooks. I know, he's not the same superstar he was in his prime, but he could add some leadership and identity to our Defense while mentoring the younger guys.

Or they could just go out and sign Jamie Winborn (somewhat likely)

Or they could just do nothing (most likely)

Right, I'm sure our FO would agree with you.

They brought him in and offered him a contract so he could be Ellison's backup.

That makes sense.

You mean because the BILLS have been super successful picking up other team's cuts and plugging them in, right? You'll forgive me for not getting all up in arms about them losing out on a player wasn't in high demand in too many places. There's a pretty good reason for that. Just like there's a reason that he only signed a one year deal. Probably that he knows his play is far below standards and believes he's now healthy and can earn a far better contract with a season like he had 2 years ago.

Pisa Tinoisamoa may be a minor upgrade to Ellison but he's nothing to be upset about, especially at a position that is widely known around the NFL as one of the easiest to fill. Why do you think the Colts let virtually every LBer go once their salary gets even a little high?

If you're going to be upset about losing a LBer, be upset about the treatment of Crowell because that dude is actually a player.

The Bills front office/coaches have said numerous times, and it has been shown numerous times by the numerous players they have brought in and then didn't offer any kind of substantial money to, that they are happy with Keith Ellison. And by substantial money I believe we are talking around two mil a year, which isn't at all substantial. All it means is they didn't offer any of these guys what would be considered a decent contract.

The players we don't sign is not really worrying me, because none of them are all that good, IMO. I must say I would have liked Pisa.

But a few of them are better than Ellison. It doesn't worry me that they can't sign players, it worries me much more that they think Ellison can play the position.

But a few of them are better than Ellison. It doesn't worry me that they can't sign players, it worries me much more that they think Ellison can play the position.

Exactly. I wish I could see what they see, but from a spectator's point of view he's (at best) a non-factor or (at worst) a liability.

P.S: Just noticed that my 10,000 post involved a Jamie Winborn reference. Didn't see that one coming!