It's Official: Pisa agrees to terms with the Bears

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Keith Ellison...remains...our starter.

:w00t:

That, my friends, is a big deal. I just cant understand how the Bills bring in THIS many OLBs and fail to sign a single one of them. Oh wait, I forgot about Pat "Megastar" Thomas.

I still think that the staff wants to see what Bowen, Thomas, and Harris bring to the table. I think that one of the three is going to end up beating out Ellison for the starting WLB spot.

I still think that the staff wants to see what Bowen, Thomas, and Harris bring to the table. I think that one of the three is going to end up beating out Ellison for the starting WLB spot.

I feel uncomfortable letting our hopes rely on a guy recovering from an ACL injury, a failure with the Chiefs and a converted Safety.

I feel uncomfortable letting our hopes rely on a guy recovering from an ACL injury, a failure with the Chiefs and a converted Safety.

Not my/our hopes my friend, but the pimp in your avatar and his "my circle" of friends :w00t:

I'm not going to pretend I didn't want this guy as a Bill--I did and this hurts. I've seen enough of Ellison and he's a backup at best and God forbid he or anyone else should go down next year. The FO screwed the pooch on this one, IMHO......

I respectifully disagree. They offered Pisa a contract. They know they need a vet LB. There are more cuts coming

around the league Starting with Da Bears. Pisa is very small for a lB even in a 4- 3. They were not going to break the bank when there are better guys out there. If they go with what they have right now it will be because they are only willing to make the committment to sell tickets but not to win.

Not my/our hopes my friend, but the pimp in your avatar and his "my circle" of friends :w00t:

:devil:

To be honest, its not losing out on Pisa "the individual" that gets me mad...its losing out on an "OLB" who is clearly an upgrade over Ellison. I couldnt care less which guy they bring in, just as long as they friggin bring in SOMEONE to compete.

If you want your three best LB's on the field, you put DiGiorgio at MLB and move Posluszny to his natural position outside. Don't forget the Alvin Bowen factor either. Something tells me one way or another, Ellison won't start Day 1. He has proven that he is not a starter in this league.

Ellison had two picks his rookie year, when Schobel was firing on all cylinders.

He's always been touted as a "good coverage guy."

If the DLine does its job, that's all we should need him for.

So, rather than piss and moan about what we DON'T have, let's look at we do have.

Ellison (a 2 down guy) will be needed to roam behind the following:

1. A healthy Schobel
  2. Maybin
  3. Kelsay
  4. Williams
  5. S. Johnson
  6. A healthy, re-inspired McCargo
  7. and Stroud.

Like it or not, but our defensive line, WILL be better next year. That should make Ellison tremendously better as well.

So, the way I see it, the upgrades to the DLine since last year (Schobel, Maybin, McCargo) end up being an upgrade to Ellison as well.

No underweight, cut by one of the worst teams in football Samoan linebacker needed.

As Bills fans we should be praying for:

1. A healthy Schobel
  2. A healthy, re-inspired McCargo
  3. Maybin to have the ability to compete at the pro-level

All signs from the Bills communications machine would indicate we're well on our way!

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/05/be..._with_pisa.html

Pisa Tinoisamoa signs one year deal with the Bears. No big deal in my opinion and not a major loss.

What a shock, another veteran player who visited OBD then signed with someone else. :angry:

Reading that entire article in the link, the Bears organization seems light years ahead of the Inner Circle Jerks, read this:

"...Pisa Tinoisamoa agreed to terms with the Bears on a one-year deal....It's the biggest news on a busy Friday at Halas Hall when the team announced defensive lineman Israel Idonije has signed a two-year extension and seven of the team's nine draft picks have come to terms on four-year contracts.

"

Wow. 7 of the Bears' 9 picks are signed. I'm sure the two unsigned are their top two picks, but still, it seems early for so many to be signed and ready to go. Ever since they stole Cutler from the new idiotic regime in Denver, the Bears have been on quite a roll this off season. :worthy: