anyone else excited to see this new O-Line?!?!

i know they have a tough road ahead of them, having an almost entirely new unit and being so young, but I am pumped to see this new type of lineman on the field.

nasty maulers. about time. hopefully, our game plans and play calling will play to their strengths.

i really want to see these guys get mean and knock some people on their butts!

Go Bills!!

I think this may be the best line the Bills have had in years. True, we don't know this yet, but what's not to like about these guys, as a whole? They are intelligent, physical -- even a bit nasty, hard-working, and -- with the exception of the rookie additions, becoming experienced. Most of them have shifted positions at points in their careers and so they all understand each other's positional requirements -- putting them all in a better position to understand each other and work better together. There's talent all over that offense and this group on the o-line will make that talent shine.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I promise you, the most excited people about the oh-so-dreamy Tommie Brady this new Buffalo Bills OL are the defensive linemen in the AFC East. When Langston Walker is your best option at LT, DEs are me and my P-Town 'buddies' - we're just licking their our chops, gazing lovingly at our life-sized Tommie Brady pinups.

fixed

How this untested line comes together will be the biggest factor this year. Am I excited about it? Yeah, but I am also dreading seeing it unravel all over again, and seeing lynch average 3 ypc on the same old stretch play again.

What will be interesting is if TO starts complaining about lack of balls thrown his way because we will be running the ball more.

Who cares if he complains as long as we are winning!

if the interior has a nasty streak, maybe its by design, they'll finally be able to unleash the "Beast"!

I think the line will be good already in 2009 and only get better after that.

I may be overly optimistic about LT, but I think Walker will do OK. The Peters thing messed up our minds somewhat in that we had perhaps the most talented LT in the game, but one who wouldn't really put out for us and actually was a net negative at times. Now we think we need another pro bowl LT for Trent to survive. But most teams get by fine with a decent LT if the rest of the line is good. I think that is where we will be this year.

I want to see the difference on 3rd and 1 before I get excited but I do like the additions made in the draft.

It least we finally addressed a longtime weakness in the interior of the OL and tried to counter an AFC East strength at the same time.

i know they have a tough road ahead of them, having an almost entirely new unit and being so young, but I am pumped to see this new type of lineman on the field.

nasty maulers. about time. hopefully, our game plans and play calling will play to their strengths.

i really want to see these guys get mean and knock some people on their butts!

Go Bills!!

I think our O line moves were very smart. You cant build an O line on 5-10 million per year underachievers. That equals disaster.Glad they kinda blew it up.And Im glad they picked the new guys where they did so they didnt break the bank-and picked up a solid hardnosed guy at center in FA.

It will be nice to see-when this line starts playing together-- some fire on that O line.Watching them the last couple of years get absolutely no push from that group of lazy fatarses was awful. The Bills-famous for getting that 1 yd into the line on rushes--should do somewhat better this year. But we need to be patient.It aint gonna happen overnight.

If Jauron keeps his job as HC for 3 years these new changes on the O line will pay off, more then likely he just drafted for the next HC. Same thing goes for Maybin, doubtful he will be productive his first year or two.

Not for nothing but Jauron should have done this his first year and had Jim McNally there to teach them, by now he would have a really really good solid experienced offensive line, kinda like what Mangenius did with the Jets. Ryan will inherit a solid O line.

I think the line will be good already in 2009 and only get better after that.

I may be overly optimistic about LT, but I think Walker will do OK. The Peters thing messed up our minds somewhat in that we had perhaps the most talented LT in the game, but one who wouldn't really put out for us and actually was a net negative at times. Now we think we need another pro bowl LT for Trent to survive. But most teams get by fine with a decent LT if the rest of the line is good. I think that is where we will be this year.

Rookies are rookies are rookies.

Walker has been around for awhile now, there is plenty of film on him. His abilities are well known and no none has ever thought he should be starting on the left side. He is a vet so I don't expect him to embarass himself but I don't expect anything all that special from him either. Consider that he was serviceable at RT but its not as if he set the house on fire out there.

Then you have Butler at RT and again, if he was good enough to play there why was he at guard? Again, I don't think he will embarass himself out there anymore than Walker will on the left side but it is unreasonable to expect anything approaching exceptional. He was a good guard but not exactly a pro bowler.

Lastly you have a FA at center who I am pretty confident will be an upgrade from the horrible situation we have had there for several years running now. Still, he was unable to secure a starting slot with his last team and there wasn't exactly a bidding war for his services. He is a veteran with all the experience needed to play well so he will also not be an embarassment but also probably not headed for the pro bowl.

These moves were not made because of exceptional ability being identified which demanded some shuffling to take advantage of that ability. These moves were made of necessity because Dockery and Fowler were disasters and we were unable to successfully resolve the Peters situation. No one was saying "damn, we got to get Butler out at Tackle, he is a killer being wasted at Guard..." or words to that effect, same with Walker. Instead, to me anyway, it was more probable that in answer to the quesiton "What the hell do we do now?" Someone said "Well, I guess we could get by if we move Langston to the left side and Butler out to the right so we can hide those young guys inside while they learn..."

Hopefully it will be lemons to lemonade and the invention born of necessity will prove to be accidentally brilliant.

Rookies are rookies are rookies.

Walker has been around for awhile now, there is plenty of film on him. His abilities are well known and no none has ever thought he should be starting on the left side. He is a vet so I don't expect him to embarass himself but I don't expect anything all that special from him either. Consider that he was serviceable at RT but its not as if he set the house on fire out there.

Then you have Butler at RT and again, if he was good enough to play there why was he at guard? Again, I don't think he will embarass himself out there anymore than Walker will on the left side but it is unreasonable to expect anything approaching exceptional. He was a good guard but not exactly a pro bowler.

Lastly you have a FA at center who I am pretty confident will be an upgrade from the horrible situation we have had there for several years running now. Still, he was unable to secure a starting slot with his last team and there wasn't exactly a bidding war for his services. He is a veteran with all the experience needed to play well so he will also not be an embarassment but also probably not headed for the pro bowl.

These moves were not made because of exceptional ability being identified which demanded some shuffling to take advantage of that ability. These moves were made of necessity because Dockery and Fowler were disasters and we were unable to successfully resolve the Peters situation. No one was saying "damn, we got to get Butler out at Tackle, he is a killer being wasted at Guard..." or words to that effect, same with Walker. Instead, to me anyway, it was more probable that in answer to the quesiton "What the hell do we do now?" Someone said "Well, I guess we could get by if we move Langston to the left side and Butler out to the right so we can hide those young guys inside while they learn..."

Hopefully it will be lemons to lemonade and the invention born of necessity will prove to be accidentally brilliant.

Pretty good assessment of the situation.