Favorite stand-up comedian?

Justice

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This starts and ends with George Carlin, nuff said

I couldn't agree with you more..(look at my sig's).

I still laugh as hard as I did the first time whenever I watch one of his HBO Specials....counterculture humor at its finest.

Also a big fan of Rock and Chapelle.

I don't think I have a "favorite" - it's like asking for your favorite song or book. Depends on the mood.

But right now I'll say Mitch Hedberg.

His lines are as funny written as spoken (then again, it may be funnier when you picture Mitch delivering the line). Mitch Hedberg quotes

BTW, I don't get why Dane Cook is so popular. If I can stand to watch him for 30 minutes I don't think I can recall a single funny bit.

Nick DiPaolo, absolutely hysterical.

Jeff Ross is another great one.

But far and away my favorite right now is Greg Giraldo, this guy gets no pub but if you ever have a chance he does all of the roasts and absolutely kills.

But love Rodney. Never a Carlin fan.

I don't think I have a "favorite" - it's like asking for your favorite song or book. Depends on the mood.

But right now I'll say Mitch Hedberg.

His lines are as funny written as spoken (then again, it may be funnier when you picture Mitch delivering the line). Mitch Hedberg quotes

BTW, I don't get why Dane Cook is so popular. If I can stand to watch him for 30 minutes I don't think I can recall a single funny bit.

People still read books for enjoyment?

not sure he was the best, but the

in '85 is a classic...

The other day I got on an elevator this old guy got in with me... I was over near the button I pushed number 4 & I said 'where you going'. He said 'Phoenix'. So i pushed 'Phoenix', doors opened. Two tumbleweeds blew in. We stepped off and we went to downtown Phoenix. I said 'you know you're a kind of guy I really like to hang out with.' He said 'well I'm going out the desert, you wanna go?' I said sure... So we hopped in his car and started driving out to the desert. He told me he spent most of his life working on a research project for the government trying to find out who financed the pyramids. He worked on it 30 years and they paid him an incredible amount of money... He told them he was pretty sure it was a guy named Eddie.

too bad the YouTube vid was only a snippet

Gotta throw Mitch Hedburg in here as well.

My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the !@#$’s really goin on down there? Who is the real hero?

I saw a commercial on late night TV, it said,"Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were.

My manager saw me drinking backstage and he said "Mitch, don't use liquor as a crutch." I can't use liquor as a crutch, because a crutch helps me walk. Liquor severely !@#$s up the way I walk. It ain't like a crutch, it's like a step I didn't see.

If you drink O'Douls, you don't drink. But if you drink 20 O'Douls in a half hour, then you're a !@#$ing non-alcoholic. Non-alcoholism is a problem too. And there are symptoms, like when you fall down, does it always hurt?

In Venice, Italy they don't have streets they have canals. So in Venice, we gotta keep the kids off the canals! In Venice if you're not book smart but you do know what's going on you are canal smart. "I got canal smarts B word!"

I can read minds but, it's pointless cause I'm illiterate.

I saw a lady on T.V. She was born without arms. Literally, she was born with her hands attached to her shoulders... and that was sad, but then they said, "Lola does not know the meaning of the word 'can't.'" And that to me was kinda worse... in a way... ya know? Not only does she not have arms, but she doesn't understand simple contractions. It's very simple, you just take two words, you put them together, then you take out the middle letter, you put a comma in there and you raise it up!

Anyone mention Bill Burr. I think I like him better than Brian Regan (who I also like).

Dana Gould is a comedian's comedian. He is constantly writing new stuff, and you almost never hear him use old material. Pretty impressive, but it makes for some uneven shows, IMO.

I really like Demetri Martin, and think his show is outstanding.

Most of the Comedians of Comedy are good, too.