McCartney in Toronto 1993

J. Geils at Kleinhans 1981

The Animals at Shea's 1983

Keith Richards in Pittsburgh 1993

Grateful Dead in Rochester 1980

The Clash at UB 1980

Neil Young in the Aud 1983

Rolling Stones at Rich Stadium 1981

I used to when I was in high school in the 70's but I don't know what happened to them. Funny you should mentiion this because I was just thinking this last night at the ABB show. My "ticket" was a printout from the computer with a bar code and 6,000 advertisements on it.

Duey,,,,same here,,although I taped or stapled the ticket stubs to the associated album.

Some of the prices are just incredible.

I wish I had started with the first concert I attended,

Dave Clark Five,,Kleinham's music hall 1964

I have an envelope with a ton of them in there. I want to get a baseball card album for it, but it's one of those things I never get around to.

Tesla/Firehouse Spectrum 1992? What was I thinking? Oh yeah, it was for a girl. :worthy:

Growing up in Buffalo, I saved them all (along with every sporting event I ever went to). When I moved to NYC in the late 1980's, and then to Austin in the 1990's, I find myself going to fewer and fewer big shows, mostly just clubs, where there is only a stamp on your hand the next day, to remember. I wish I had kept track of everything. My best friend in Buffalo, and I, pretty much went to any/every show of note that came through WNY or the Toronto area from 1978-1988. I worked in the music industry for about 15 years. There are way too many to pick a favorite ( I would guess I have been to well over a 1000 shows over they years, and still see live shows on a pretty regular basis). I will say, one of my favorites was going to Toronto, at some very small, old, dance hall, and seeing the Pouges. This was around the time where a few of the band members had become ill, could not travel, so one of all time rock-n-roll gods, Joe Strummer was sitting in with the band...great night, great show....

First show that I ever went to, where I actually purchased tickets for myself (as opposed to my parents taking me) I saw Eric Clapton at the Aud, with some old guy, named Muddy Waters opening up for him. If only I knew more at the time, I would have paid much more attention to Muddy, instead of getting distracted by all the dope and frisbees sailing around the aud... I just wanted to hear EC play "White Room" or "Layla"...as Ronnie Laine and the Faces said "I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger...ooh la la"! I still have the stub for that show.... $8.00 in the orange section...can you imagine? Gotta say, though, I am not sure I would pay $8 to see Clapton now...

I used to when I was in high school in the 70's but I don't know what happened to them. Funny you should mentiion this because I was just thinking this last night at the ABB show. My "ticket" was a printout from the computer with a bar code and 6,000 advertisements on it.

i keep all my concert and ticket stubs for decades and you're right Chef, it's a shame, with internet reservations, mail ordering and other modern way to buy them, that they are now just ugly pieces of paper with bar codes and stupid ads.

Still have most, if not all, scattered in various spots around the house.

As for Ticketmaster, I get mine mailed to me. Why should I let them charge me again for printing at home, when they still offer the mail option for free.

I was cleaning out my garage about a month ago and found the box that I kept my old stubs in. I was a pretty cool memory going through them. My first concert was Van Halen for the VH II album. I've got the old Stones stub from Tattoo You in 81.

Does anyone remember the patches 91 Rock used to give out at some of the concerts? I've got one from the Stones in 81 and one from the Who when they played at Rich Stadium in 82. Good times!

I was cleaning out my garage about a month ago and found the box that I kept my old stubs in. I was a pretty cool memory going through them. My first concert was Van Halen for the VH II album. I've got the old Stones stub from Tattoo You in 81.

Does anyone remember the patches 91 Rock used to give out at some of the concerts? I've got one from the Stones in 81 and one from the Who when they played at Rich Stadium in 82. Good times!

I've an old Wild Turkey (the Rare stuff) thing that I keep them all in. It's packed to the top. Concert tickets, boarding passes, you name it.. all in there. Every one of 'em!

wow, you guys are making me feel young. my first concert was the first concert at HSBC, if I rember it was Ani Difranco, BNL, 10,000 Maniacs and the Goo Goo Dolls. We snuck on to the floor and I got the boot for crowd surfing during the Goo's set. Pretty funny.

Still have most, if not all, scattered in various spots around the house.

As for Ticketmaster, I get mine mailed to me. Why should I let them charge me again for printing at home, when they still offer the mail option for free.

Yeah, isn't that ridiculous? Save them the paper, the print cost, and the shipping and they charge more for them? It's even selected as the default option because it's "more convenient". I get them mailed to me as well for the same reason.

wow, you guys are making me feel young. my first concert was the first concert at HSBC, if I rember it was Ani Difranco, BNL, 10,000 Maniacs and the Goo Goo Dolls. We snuck on to the floor and I got the boot for crowd surfing during the Goo's set. Pretty funny.

And you're making me feel old. My first concert with Kiss at the Niagara Falls convention center in 1975 or 1976. General admission, no seats on the floor. We started out about 10 feet from the stage and we started getting crushed so we bailed to the bleachers. Good times. <_<

And you're making me feel old. My first concert with Kiss at the Niagara Falls convention center in 1975 or 1976. General admission, no seats on the floor. We started out about 10 feet from the stage and we started getting crushed so we bailed to the bleachers. Good times. <_<

My first concert was Kiss as well in the early 90's at Maple Laugh Gardens. Huge Kiss fan growing up, now I hear they are coming back this summer, I guess their mic stands will double as canes.

Duey,,,,same here,,although I taped or stapled the ticket stubs to the associated album.

Some of the prices are just incredible.

I wish I had started with the first concert I attended,

Dave Clark Five,,Kleinham's music hall 1964

I remember being pissed when the Who tickets for the Who's Next tour (1972?) were $6.00

I was used to paying $4.50 - $5 for Jethro Tull, Grand Funk Railroad, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen, and New Riders of the Purple Sage, etc.

<_<

I do not have those stubs though.

I was looking thru some of my old ones.

McCartney in Toronto 1993

J. Geils at Kleinhans 1981

The Animals at Shea's 1983

Keith Richards in Pittsburgh 1993

Grateful Dead in Rochester 1980

The Clash at UB 1980

Neil Young in the Aud 1983

Rolling Stones at Rich Stadium 1981

That J. Geils show is my biggest concert regret. I was in college at Bonas, and I had an exam the next day and couldn't go.....My friend who took the ticket, along with my other friends, never let me forget how great that show was!

My favorite ticket is Stones July 4, 1978 at Rich Stadium - hanging on my ticket board - $12.