LAMP - Off to the land of OZ

aussiew

Going "home" to visit all the family who are scattered up and down the east coast. Leaving on Friday and will be back on 31st. Sorry, but if you've ever been to Australia, you'll understand why I won't miss you guys at all.

Also, going to a Rugby game and two Aussie Rules games - YEAH!! I'll be wearing my Bills colors though.

Going "home" to visit all the family who are scattered up and down the east coast. Leaving on Friday and will be back on 31st. Sorry, but if you've ever been to Australia, you'll understand why I won't miss you guys at all.

Also, going to a Rugby game and two Aussie Rules games - YEAH!! I'll be wearing my Bills colors though.

Oh I envy you, I just said goodbye Sunday to a freinds son who just landed in Brisbane this morning, I gave him money for TimTams for you. I forgot you were going this year. Have a great trip!

Awesome... I've got some great friends in the Melbourne 'burbs. Kilsyth/Croydon/Lilydale/Mooroolbark. Bring home a pile of frozen Dim Sims. I haven't found those guys anywhere around here!

Always wanted to play Aussie rules football..but time passed by and I got too injured and old...although a lot of us american guys played a version of it in our backyards as kids .Enjoy the trip.

Where are you heading? My favorite places in no particular order, Cape Tribulation, Byron Bay, Melbourne (Carlton, specifically since that's where I lived for 6 months) and some of the small towns we visted, Hamilton I think and some surrounding areas.

Where are you heading? My favorite places in no particular order, Cape Tribulation, Byron Bay, Melbourne (Carlton, specifically since that's where I lived for 6 months) and some of the small towns we visted, Hamilton I think and some surrounding areas

1st stop in Sydney to visit family. Will see a rugby game there and do the infamous "bridge climb" (hope I survive it) and partake of that wonderful South Pacific sea food.

Then to the Hunter Valley to visit my sister who just finished building a log house in the woods complete with a "bush camp" and an outdoor shower!. Will also visit a nephew who is a Vintner and manages a vineyard in that area (eat your heart out Mead)

Then back to Sydney for an Aussie Rules game and visits with various cousins and Mom and Dad's ashes.

Then down to Canberra (Australia's capital city - never been there) to visit another two nephews who are Chiropractors.

then to Wagga Wagga to spend a few days on my older brother's Black Angus stud ranch.

Then to Melbourne to visit with my younger brother and another Aussie Rules game and some sight seeing.

returning from Melbourne on 31st to LAX then DFW.

It's a very busy schedule but I haven't been back in 6 years and the family has grown quickly with lots of new munchkins to meet!

And EZC - my dad used to take me fishing when we would spend some summer holidays at Byron Bay - great memories.

Tickets are stupid cheap from what I understand... 600-800 from LAX. Friend of mine in Melbourne just had her 30th. If we had known about it a couple weeks earlier we would have just surprised her.

Greetings to all from "The Wonder Down Under". I had forgotten how beautiful the Sydney area is at this time of year. Also learning the rules of Rugby. Amazingly fast game.

GREAT!!!!! Good to know that this new Australian Adventure is proving to be Awesome Again!!! Looking forward to a special Rugby rules topic on your return to educate us on this famous sport!! :unsure: