The Herd

major

I was listening to the Herd on ESPN radio about 40 minutes ago. On it, Collin Cowherd was ripping the Bills for signing TO. He was saying in part because of the VH1 cameras that will be following TO around our voluntary mini camps next week. Collin said that the circus was coming to Buffalo and the only thing that is left behind at a circus is hay and a huge pile of elephant crap. He said this is what Buffalo would realize it got after this year with TO. He went even further to say that Dick Jauron will not be able to control this guy and that Belechick would have never brought in TO. He had a good time ripping Buffalo and TO in particular.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to the Herd on ESPN radio about 40 minutes ago. On it, Collin Cowherd was ripping the Bills for signing TO. He was saying in part because of the VH1 cameras that will be following TO around our voluntary mini camps next week. Collin said that the circus was coming to Buffalo and the only thing that is left behind at a circus is hay and a huge pile of elephant crap. He said this is what Buffalo would realize it got after this year with TO. He went even further to say that Dick Jauron will not be able to control this guy and that Belechick would have never brought in TO. He had a good time ripping Buffalo and TO in particular.

yawn

skoooooooooby > cowturd

Colin Cow-dung needs stuff to fill his empty show. Owens is on doble-secret probabtion and he knows it. He's not going to lip off because he has to show the NFL he can play nice. And even if he does, so what? Everyone on the Bills knows it's a possibility and will probably tune him out if he gets stupid. It's all good for the Bills.

PTR

What in particular did he say that wasn't EXACTLY true? Prior to his signing, 99.7% of Bills fans didn't want him anywhere near the team. Now that he's signed homer nation thinks it's a brilliant move.

TO is an amazing player but he carries more baggage than a cruise ship.

Nice to see that the 4th grade trend continues. Saying something positive about the Bills = brilliant journalism. Saying something negative = insufferable hackery.

Colin Cow-dung needs stuff to fill his empty show. Owens is on doble-secret probabtion and he knows it. He's not going to lip off because he has to show the NFL he can play nice. And even if he does, so what? Everyone on the Bills knows it's a possibility and will probably tune him out if he gets stupid. It's all good for the Bills.

PTR

You're totally right. The Bills knew the risk and ramifications that signing a character like T.O. is. It does say Terrell Owens on his contract, but the persona is what you get with it.

Colin Cowherd is totally unlistenable in my opinion. I mean, there was a 22 page long thread on Mike Schopp, but good lord, this guy is just awful. Wanna talk about condescending? He never even mentioned Manny Ramirez's scumbagery when he tests positive. Just about how people wanna hate on the guy for hating him. What? The guy is a confirmed scumbag, and we're not supposed to care? And saying so without even acknowledging the confirmed failure of a drug test? Completely ridiculous. The guy just espouses this pretentious smarter than everybody attitude I can't stand. "I can't explain, how much smarter, I am, than you. You could have, a PHDeee, an M.D., and I'd still know more about the human body than youuuu."

Cowherd is a blowhard. He likes to state his opinion in an extreme,obnoxious sort of way to get attention,imo. And he's not funny either.Somebody like Jim Rome can be obnoxious but he's funny at times too. TO is on a one year contract,no way he causes a bunch of trouble,it would cost him too much money in the future.

What in particular did he say that wasn't EXACTLY true? Prior to his signing, 99.7% of Bills fans didn't want him anywhere near the team. Now that he's signed homer nation thinks it's a brilliant move.

Nice to see that the 4th grade trend continues. Saying something positive about the Bills = brilliant journalism. Saying something negative = insufferable hackery.

'Cuse......layin' it out all true and junk. :thumbsup:

Well to be fair, i've never heard brilliant journalism from Colin Cowherd. He thinks he's a know it all and is a poor man's Skip Bayless, he tries his best to create controversy to hide the fact that he's boring.

Well to be fair, i've never heard brilliant journalism from Colin Cowherd. He thinks he's a know it all and is a poor man's Skip Bayless, he tries his best to create controversy to hide the fact that he's boring.

I have to agree, Herd is a moron, whether he's talking about the Bills or not.

I have to agree, Herd is a moron, whether he's talking about the Bills or not.

Sorry, but I find Cowherd very entertaining. Like everyone in media, take what they say with a big grain of salt! He's the first to acknowledge that he's a "Broad-caster" which means he has to please a wide range of people. Ie, the general population. I hope T.O. works out well for the Bills, but you can't blame someone for thinking what 99% of football fans think.

The Herd can be really entertaining at times, but it's really hard to take him seriously. This is the same guy, who during record heat here for the Dallas MNF game, said "no one would tune in to see the Bills get killed in 0 degree weather and 3 feet of snow".

If he wants to waste air time with "its cold in buffalo" and "TO is going to ruin the team" takes, thats his deal. I just think for someone on ESPN radio he would have some fresher material.

Sorry, but I find Cowherd very entertaining. Like everyone in media, take what they say with a big grain of salt! He's the first to acknowledge that he's a "Broad-caster" which means he has to please a wide range of people. Ie, the general population. I hope T.O. works out well for the Bills, but you can't blame someone for thinking what 99% of football fans think.

Well if he is trying to please a wide range of people, it isn't working. A doubt there will be more than a handfull of posts that like Cowheard.

And we care because ... ?

Cowherd is an idiot ...

Here Mike, I've been keeping a tally on things (this is all post 2009 draft) for your score keeping needs:

ESPN - bad

Bill Simmons - eternally bad (nobody that I know of likes this douchenozzle)

Mel Kiper - good

Yahoo Sports - bad

Todd McShay - good

Don Banks - was bad, but is now good

Jim Rome - good (I think, I can't remember, I heard him being spoke of fondly recently)

Gregg Easterbrook - good because he has relatives in this area I think?

Chris Berman - good (but once he announces someone other than the Bills making the Super Bowl, that will change)

Peter King - bad unless he writes something nice about Jim Kelly

Colin Cowherd - bad

I was listening (for the record I think Cowherd is pretty entertaining) and I have to agree with what he said. He basically said beware of the circus that is TO. With the TV show and the side circus, he doesn't think that DJ can handle him. I laughed.

Cowherd is the worst radio personality on sports talk radio. How he got syndicated is a mystery to me. HE SUCKS all he does is talk about golf, college football, and whatever espn feels is important ( Either Bret Favre or A-Rod ) And if you live in New York/New Jersey metropolitan area you know how stupid the decision to let him on the air was.

In NYC no one cares about college sports. AND GOLF IS NOT A SPORT IT IS A GAME. The worst part about Cowherd is that shoehorning him into the schedule bumped Max Kellerman who wasn't the best but actually did something different and talked about things relevant to the area. ESPN radio sucks they force feed their national product and than drive out the local competition. If you live in Kansas City good luck trying to talk about the Chiefs because ESPN has to talk about Tiger Woods or how A-Rod sneezed.

Everything that is bad about ESPN is personified by Cowherd he repeats his points all the time. I get it you think A-Rod isn't clutch but you don't have to say it 50 times in a row. Cowherd also knows nothing about hockey (which is still the fourth most popular sport in America and increasing in popularity) he also knows nothing about baseball and refers to sabermetrics and those who follow it as baseball nerds aka I don't understand it so it sucks and I won't bother to look into it because it may mean that I have to do my job the right way

So yeah I don't put much stock to what Cowherd has to say. TO was a gamble that we needed to take, its one year he pumps up our offense and shuts up than he gets to play in the NFL a little longer. Sorry to turn this into a rant but he sucks and is the epitome of the awful nature of the bad side of corporate America.