Phoenix Coyotes are broke...and moving?

Rubes

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure how much leverage Buffalo or toronto will have. If the franchise is going bankrupt and they have a buyer my guess is that the courts will not stand in the way of moving them to Hamilton. The real questionis whehter the league will realign conferences to take advantage of potential new rivalries.

Hamilton needs the shot in the arm. Even though that city is a lunch bucket union town there will be no shortage of fans outside of that city. Southern Ontario can support 2 teams no problem. It will be nice to see a little competition for the Leafs who have been sticking it to the fans for 50 years. I am worried for the Sabres though. Doe's anyone know exactly how many fans go to Sabre games from Ontario. More specifically from St. Catherines area up through Hamiltion. I know there is probably no way to tell that unless you are in Sabre sales or management.

Also, Copps Colesium is kinda old now by pro sports standards. I wonder what kind of upgrades its going to need. Luxury boxes and so on.

They need to put them in Seattle. We need a sports team here in the winter, and they need a balance between eastern and western conference teams.

Exactly. Wasn't Seattle the first team outside of Canada to win the Stanley Cup? I never understood where that crazy "Original Six" BS got started.

Exactly. Wasn't Seattle the first team outside of Canada to win the Stanley Cup? I never understood where that crazy "Original Six" BS got started.

I think that's right. They'd get tons of fans... lots of transplants from Vancouver down here that would kill to get NHL games here during the year. The idiots that renovated Key Arena back in the '90s designed it specifically so that they couldn't put ice down without knocking the seating down on one of the ends. But that can be fixed pretty easily I would think, or it could be a temporary thing until they get a new arena. See this pic, where sections 104-110 have to be cut off:

https://files.gotickets.com/cached/_images/...y_copy-2063.gif

IN all fairness... Winnepeg should get first crack at the Yotes... It is their team that was canibalized... Since we are throwing out dream situations... Imagine what a place like Halifax, NS would be like to play an NHL game! :devil:

The only place in the US I like to see a team is Seattle... All other places would be in Canada.

IN all fairness... Winnepeg should get first crack at the Yotes... It is their team that was canibalized... Since we are throwing out dream situations... Imagine what a place like Halifax, NS would be like to play an NHL game! :devil:

The only place in the US I like to see a team is Seattle... All other places would be in Canada.

I'd be ok with Cleveland getting a shot, if that's a possibility. Cleveland sports fans are very Buffalonian in my opinion.

Only if they promise to use the old Hartford Whalers logo, the best in the history of professional sports.

Hell's yeah.

IN all fairness... Winnepeg should get first crack at the Yotes... It is their team that was canibalized...

Yeah, in a better world that's what would happen. Losing a team is tough....