Phoenix Coyotes are broke...and moving?

Rubes

I didnt say say anything about Tampa

Honestly...does anyone think that hockey can survive in Phoenix, Florida, Atlanta or a few other cities

It's kind of implied, isn't it? But then again, since you did say "a few other cities", I guess I should've picked up on that one.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland

No. Our AHL team, the Lake Erie Monsters, barely draws now.

This city can't support a fourth major league team. I think it can barely support three now as it is. If it weren't for LeBron, the Cavaliers would be in Kansas City or Vegas. That was the greatest stroke of luck in Cleveland sports history. That is, if you can call it luck.

Let me explain: I have a theory that the 2003 NBA draft lottery, like previous ones, was fixed. Fixed so LeBron would get to be drafted by his hometown team. The season before, the Cavaliers averaged barely 11,000 per game, and there were many nights when there were no more than 4,000 in the arena.

With LeBron, the Cavaliers franchised was saved for Cleveland, and Gordon Gund could sell off the team (worth less than $100 million prior to LeBron, $350 million two years after) for a very handsome profit.

Take a look at Quicken Loans Arena during the next Cavaliers home playoff game. There are NO empty seats. It's been that way all season. Now, compare that with at least two-thirds of NBA arenas during games.

If the Cavaliers win the NBA championship, this will be the team that is remembered in Cleveland. Forever.