Levi Jones cut

Will the Bills make a move on Levi Jones?I think he would be an upgrade,then they can put Walker back at right tackle,and butler at right guard.Levitre would be valuable depth this year.

He is our starting C right now, so no.

We have five starters right now, so someone has to go to the bench.

Not a chance, if you believe what Brandon said about how strongly they pursued him in FA (and I do).

I'm not so sure. Plus, I saw posted on this board that his contract was only 4/10, so it's not out of the realm.

I'm not so sure. Plus, I saw posted on this board that his contract was only 4/10, so it's not out of the realm.

I don't think you can count on Jones to be the starting LT for 16 games. He is not even healthy right now and his contract will not matter any more since he has been released.

If we bring him in, either Langston Walker, Butler, or Levitre goes to the bench. All three of those guys are quality lineman (Levitre should be, at least).

I think butler goes to the bench. he's just not aggressive enough / doesn't get a good push at the point of attack

I know, he's been a FA for 2 hours now and we havent signed him yet!

F YOU RALPH!

:wallbash: I know, you're right.

We just need a championship..... like IMMEDIATELY!! Not saying Jones is the key piece, but if he's healthy, it would be a upgrade at the position.

GO BILLS!!

It's not out of the realm, but it is highly unlikely. There seems to be little doubt that the Bills zeroed in on him, and they have said repeatedly that he will be their starting center.

I think butler goes to the bench. he's just not aggressive enough / doesn't get a good push at the point of attack

I have heard NFL scouts say Brad Butler is one of the most underrated guards in the NFL, and the only thing holding him back from being a pro bowler is durability.

So needless to say I disagree with you.

I don't think you can count on Jones to be the starting LT for 16 games. He is not even healthy right now and his contract will not matter any more since he has been released.

Sorry it wasn't clear, but I meant Hangartner's contract was 4/10. The point is, it's not like we're paying so much that he can't be the sixth lineman.

Sorry it wasn't clear, but I meant Hangartner's contract was 4/10. The point is, it's not like we're paying so much that he can't be the sixth lineman.

he's a center, a veteran, and gets pretty good grades from a team that's known for developing good linemen.

The Bills sought him out, he wants to play center and it's expected that he'll start there. The chances of putting in a rookie center, regardless of how smart or durable he is, aren't very likely, at least for the first half of the season...

We should bring him in for a look, but I can understand if we don't.

Signing Jones means we don't dress Wood, Levitre, Chambers, Bell, or Butler. Probably Levitre or Bell. Levitre or Bell then becomes a backup if a lineman is out for a game. Will this hinder their development? The upshot is that it basically takes the risk out of shuffling the right side of the line as well as depending on Levitre or Bell being a player this year.

We could have a pair of Levi's (Jones and Levitre) on our O-line.

Understood.

But if Jauron is in a win now mode, he will need a good plan B if our young guys struggle and having an experienced LT ready to step in can only be a good thing and at 3-4 mil a year he is a bargin.

I have heard NFL scouts say Brad Butler is one of the most underrated guards in the NFL, and the only thing holding him back from being a pro bowler is durability.

So needless to say I disagree with you.

Totally agree. Butler is very good. I actually really like our right side from last year and don't want to mess with it.

And Cincy says he drives a really cool car, so we should sign him I guess...

Levi Jones' really cool car

I sat in one of those, really nice inside. It has the most awesome stitching I have ever seen inside a car. As per signing him, we need a performance based contract (like he sees the field for most of the season).

He's proven he can play, and at a high level, but, he's proven also to be prone to injuries. If he's hurt, he's no good to us, and if he has health problems that impede his play, he's not a great option; but, if the Bills could sign him to an incentive laden contract - one that pays for production and has protection against injury, then they absolutely should be one of the first teams to try. Once again, I have to believe that the Bills front office know what the guy's really worth, more than we, the outsiders, do. If he can still play, then I'm guessing they'll pay.

You wouldn't even consider Hangartner on the bench?
I bet it would be Hangartner to get the bench and move Wood to center because that is what he is best at

Brandon said in no uncertain terms that Hangartner was the Bills' top target entering free agency (Terrell Owens was unexpectedly cut and his availability was a surprise). They love Hangartner's aggressive nature and his intelligence and experience. He had the highest score ever for an O-lineman on the Wonderlich. They want a veteran in the middle of that line making protection calls, not a rookie. Barring injury there's a less than one percent chance that he doesn't start at center.

Wow. No way in hell barring injury. The Bills also love Butler. He is considered a very aggressive player and is also smart and talented. With the Levi Jones biz pending, it's not clear if Butler will start at right guard or right tackle, but he will start.

Especially since he's going to visit the Seahawks first

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9544894...-visit-Seahawks

Well, that says "next week" and it's only Wednesday now. It also implied he would be looking at being a back-up, like the Bronco report. He would probably have a good chance at starting on the Bills, if he is healthy.

Well, that says "next week" and it's only Wednesday now. It also implied he would be looking at being a back-up, like the Bronco report. He would probably have a good chance at starting on the Bills, if he is healthy.

Agreed...Buffalo would be the best place for him to step in. Like everyone's saying, it's just a matter of the Bills putting a good offer out there. I gotta think Buffalo interests him the most because he'll start.

Veterans with many miles often play better in training camp due to be familiar on how training camp / weeding out process works but wear down quickly during season which is why given their high salaries are being cut. If you keep one as a reserve our linemen will "Peter" out because a backup is making more than they are and is barely playing. If he is as good as Marcus Price was in limited role as a swing tackle he is worth it but otherwise no.

If we bring him in, either Langston Walker, Butler, or Levitre goes to the bench. All three of those guys are quality lineman (Levitre should be, at least).

Yes. But none of them are quality LTs.

To me, leaving Walker at RT and having Levitre learn behind the already-formidable Butler would make this line much tougher immediately, since the right side would be together again and at least part of the line would maintain some consistency from last year.

The Bills also love Butler. He is considered a very aggressive player and is also smart and talented. With the Levi Jones biz pending, it's not clear if Butler will start at right guard or right tackle, but he will start.

Yeah, do you remember the way that o-line performance took a nose-dive when Butler was injured last year and recovered instantly when he returned. The guy was our second-best lineman last year. No way would you start a rookie over him unless the rookie was a top-five pick or something.

Veterans with many miles often play better in training camp due to be familiar on how training camp / weeding out process works but wear down quickly during season which is why given their high salaries are being cut. If you keep one as a reserve our linemen will "Peter" out because a backup is making more than they are and is barely playing. If he is as good as Marcus Price was in limited role as a swing tackle he is worth it but otherwise no.

Excellent points!

Will the Bills make a move on Levi Jones?I think he would be an upgrade,then they can put Walker back at right tackle,and butler at right guard.Levitre would be valuable depth this year.

This would be the ideal situation to me. O-line depth is crucial!