NIC HARRIS

From my Tulsa buddy who's a HUGE Sooner fan:

RE Nic Harris: I really liked him in college. He was a huge, physical safety, so I think he'll be fine at OLB. Hits hard, tackles well, and not as shaky in coverage as you'd think. The biggest downside is that he might have set the Sooner career record for unsportsmanlike penalties. Hopefully the league will beat that out of him.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting.

In the Nic Harris thread on draft day I said this:

Every time I saw them play this year he was doing something dirty that garnered a penalty. I had him on my list of players I didn't want the Bills to draft. It's nothing about his play, though. If they can get him to stop being such an !@#$ on the field, then I won't care. But I don't want to see him do that sshit for the Bills.

From my Tulsa buddy who's a HUGE Sooner fan:

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting.

It's a double edged sword. It shows the guy is passionate about the game but also shows the chance for some bonehead plays that will keep the other teams O from being stopped 3 and out sometimes.

Hopefully the Bills coaches will make him understand the difference between extreme passion and stupid penalties. :thumbsup:

In the Nic Harris thread on draft day I said this:

Very good, I had no patience to sift through those epic/merged threads on draft day.

I'm suddenly not thrilled with the pick because it's that kind of attitude which usually ='s a short, journeyman career. Or, put differently, a fifth round pick for a guy who gives Buffalo two potentially good seasons, tops.

good, i like it. we need some attitude out there. we need players who really, really hate losing.

its the type of move that is good to make after we have already established a bunch of "nice" guys on the field. theyll balance him out and keep him straight. Donte, Poz, Mitchell, Kelsay. theyll keep him in line and feed off of his fire.

hopefully

Some players like Adrian Wilson and Rodney Harrison more than make up for their share of "stupid" penalties. Many other players do not. Case by case people.

Remember Henry Jones?

good, i like it. we need some attitude out there. we need players who really, really hate losing.

its the type of move that is good to make after we have already established a bunch of "nice" guys on the field. theyll balance him out and keep him straight. Donte, Poz, Mitchell, Kelsay. theyll keep him in line and feed off of his fire.

hopefully

I do too. We are long overdue for some attitude. No more Mr. Nice Guys please. I want some snot dripping, drool hanging beasts out there that just want to hit anything that moves.

Do folks remember how many stupid penalties and boneheaded plays London Fletcher was responsible for when he was a Bill? Guys like that flirt with the line, but you need them and the passion and intensity they inject into the defense. I'm not worried about Harris.

Do folks remember how many stupid penalties and boneheaded plays London Fletcher was responsible for when he was a Bill?

Not really. How many?

As I'd said shortly after draft day, this guy runs and hits like an escaped convict. I watched the film clips on him that afternoon, and one name came to mind.......

Andre Waters.

The refs will catch up with him eventually. In the interim, I'd be lying to say that I'd be heartbroken if he gave Brady a matching set.