Surest sign Denver thinks their system makes RB's good...

Broncos just released Selvin Young, a back who has averaged 5.1 YPC for them over 2 years with 201 carries for 1032 yards, along with 38 receptions for 247 yards...

Obviously, the Broncos don't put much value on production from their backs and must think it is their system that causes these backs to become successful rather than the backs themselves...

can't say I disagree, but I still question why you would cut a guy with that type of production when they have other backs that are clearly not as productive still there...

Seems to me The Bills have had some pretty good running backs in the last few years that they've shown the door. All of them found employment elsewhere right away.

Thurman Thomas

Travis Henry

Willis McGahee

Sammy Morris

Marshawn beware.

This will be a NEW System.

Exactly - and Young was a Shanahan holdover that maybe doesn't fit the new system as well, or is viewed as too injury-prone, etc.

Besides - they have Orton now, so they will not need a running game!

denver is a very sad to place to be i imagine

shannahan+cutler > mcdaniels+orton

i dont know how anyone in that city has any optimism what-so-ever

mcdaniels+orton>Jauron+edwards?

I'm not sure but its close either way

Broncos just released Selvin Young, a back who has averaged 5.1 YPC for them over 2 years with 201 carries for 1032 yards, along with 38 receptions for 247 yards...

Obviously, the Broncos don't put much value on production from their backs and must think it is their system that causes these backs to become successful rather than the backs themselves...

can't say I disagree, but I still question why you would cut a guy with that type of production when they have other backs that are clearly not as productive still there...

They have a new coach and system though.

Seems to me The Bills have had some pretty good running backs in the last few years that they've shown the door. All of them found employment elsewhere right away.

Thurman Thomas

Travis Henry

Willis McGahee

Sammy Morris

Marshawn beware

Thurman Thomas-Just got old

Travis Henry-couldn't keep it in his pants, and was on the pot

Willis McGahee-underachiever, and didn't want to be here

Sammy Morris-did nothing special to deserve to stay, had a few good games in New England

Marshawn beware-if we let him go, it will be his own doing....stay out of trouble numb nutts!

:thumbsup:

Swing and a miss!!

No moe OL zone blocking...new system...Selvin was an "old system" RB...Drafted RB to fit new system... :thumbsup:

Thurman Thomas-Just got old

Travis Henry-couldn't keep it in his pants, and was on the pot

Willis McGahee-underachiever, and didn't want to be here

Sammy Morris-did nothing special to deserve to stay, had a few good games in New England

Marshawn beware-if we let him go, it will be his own doing....stay out of trouble numb nutts!

:thumbsup:

agreed with all your points. I think we could have kept Thurman just because of his history and leadership. Lets just hope ML can stay out of trouble(im not very optimistic he can). So if we goes I will most likely be glad to see him go because that will most likely mean he has gotten in trouble AGAIN. :thumbsup: