Round 7, Pick 220: ELLIS LANKSTER, CB, West Virginia

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because what CB will choose to sign with Buffalo as the 14th DB on their roster? On the bright side, this will make it easier to sign FAs at positions of greater need. Four college DBs must tie or set some kind of record. Obviously, the Bills were suffering from CB withdrawl after drafting lineman with their first two picks.

I think the gm told juron he could do the draft after we got ouselves the tight end. Man, do we overdraft CBs.

Well, moreso than any year I remember, I'm pretty sure 2 or more draftees are not going to make the final roster.

I'd consider this "notice" to George Wilson, Reggie Corner, Jon Corto, and even Youboty, and Bryan Scott that you'd better bring your A game to camp!

Yeah, and what type of impact have either one of them had?

Honestly? Not much at all.

Putting on the homer rose colored beer goggles: Bell is going to be a better LT than Jason Peters could ever be and play for a 7th round contract for 20 years. And, Steve Johnson is going to get a direct skill IV from Terrell Owens and become a Hall of Fame WR without the diva-tude. AIG is insuring this promise, so you can count it. ;)

It's the 7th round, there was nobody that good out there. So the Bills take a player they may like.

Who did you want, Drew Willey? He !@#$ing sucks. But we will probably get him as a FA - he won't get drafted.

Lydon Murtha OT, Joel Bell OT, Zach Follett LB, Chris Baker DT

The guys on Sirius are saying we had a great draft, especially depth-wise, but they're ripping us for not taking even a project at LT. Should have gotten Cadogan with that 7th Rd. pick.

This team has enough projects, how about we just try and trade all of our picks from the 5th-7th round and attempt to get a 4th, then package both our 4th's for a 3rd, then draft a CB...

It's the 7th round, there was nobody that good out there. So the Bills take a player they may like.

Who did you want, Drew Willey? He !@#$ing sucks. But we will probably get him as a FA - he won't get drafted.

No, I wanted the QB that led the nation with a 160 rating, 5111 yards, and 45 TDs last season - Graham Harrell - you know, the guy with almost 16,000 career passing yards and 145 TDs.

Dude could end up being the next Tom Brady, while Trentie's out for a month with a sore earlobe and Jauron is filing his NYS unemployment claim. ;)

Long time lurker here but figure I would chime in. I am a WVU alum and I can tell you that Ellis Lankster isn't another one of your draw a name out of a hat 7th rounders. He is a great athlete and when he came over from JC he made a big impact on our defense. Was always around the football and was fearless in run support. I wouldn't be surprised to see him grab the last CB spot and he would be a nice addition to special teams.

However, as I'm sure will be detailed eventually, he does have some character issues. He was suspended for a few games in 2007 for involvement in a laptop robbery. He has expressed regret since the incident but I'm sure it will surface here in a few days....