ESPN is interviewing DJ right now

SKOOBY

Same here; this draft has gone better than expected. Ok, I'm officially back on the Jauron bandwagon. Bring on the Pats*.

:thumbsup:

DJ doesn't make the picks. And I'm sure he got his bone is getting a DB on day 1. But the reality is, what DJ does on the field will always be his most important contribution to this team. And after 8 seasons as a HC, he's made his share of blunders. MNF 07 and 08. DEN WK 1 07. Failure to find quality coordinators. The list goes on and on and his rear end should be on the line this year.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It does?

We've got four legit guys vying for three spots on the interior: Butler, Levitre, Wood, and Handgardener (who's looking more and more like Jason Whittle 2.0).

On the outside, it's a similar situation: Bell, Walker, and Chambers up for two spots. Much weaker on the outside, that's for sure, but draft, FA, waivers aren't over yet!

Butler was a tackle in college, and apparently has the size needed to play tackle at 6' 7"

DJ doesn't make the picks. And I'm sure he got his bone is getting a DB on day 1. But the reality is, what DJ does on the field will always be his most important contribution to this team. And after 8 seasons as a HC, he's made his share of blunders. MNF 07 and 08. DEN WK 1 07. Failure to find quality coordinators. The list goes on and on and his rear end should be on the line this year.

Of course and I don't disagree that this should be his make or break year. I haven't been happy with his performance but figure we might as well have a little optimism going into next year. I think they've had a solid offseaon and it should help this fall.

It does?

We've got four legit guys vying for three spots on the interior: Butler, Levitre, Wood, and Handgardener (who's looking more and more like Jason Whittle 2.0).

On the outside, it's a similar situation: Bell, Walker, and Chambers up for two spots. Much weaker on the outside, that's for sure, but draft, FA, waivers aren't over yet!

How can you call Bell a legit guy? I am not saying he is bad, but we know absolutely nothing about him.

the only thing I dont like about Butler possibly starting at tackle next year is that they wont have a single lineman starting in the same posirtion next year

Yeah but the line has disappointed the last two years despite the size of it. I like how we got alot nastier in the interior and with Butler playing RT. Butler is big enough to play RT.

It does?

that's right

we could pick up some more cast offs to start at LT

just move Butler to LT and let him get the reps

Yeah but the line has disappointed the last two years despite the size of it. I like how we got alot nastier in the interior and with Butler playing RT. Butler is big enough to play RT.

Butler should play LT

Walker is too fat and slow to play LT

I didn't call Bell legit. I said tackle was a similar situation. Similar in the sense that they have options.

OK. I didn't mean to split hairs. Sorry if it appeared so. :thumbsup:

Bell is a big of a project as there is. 9 reps with 225 and you are weak in this league, let alone at LT. He might really need more time to get way stronger. It's nothing but my opinion, but I like Chambers the most at LT. Walker seems to be fat and plodding, but he might look a lot better if he drops at least 30 pounds.

Again.....jmo.

the only thing I dont like about Butler possibly starting at tackle next year is that they wont have a single lineman starting in the same posirtion next year

That almost makes me feel better LOL! maybe this season we can actually get 3rd and a half yard on a regular basis! :thumbsup: