Round 1, Pick 11: AARON MAYBIN, DE, Penn State

guess Ill give myself a pat on the back for this one

amazed reading through this how many people actually thought it was a good pick

one year wonders rarely work out in the NFL

At the risk of elevating Bill Parcells to the Mt. Olympus of the NFL, wasn't he one of those guys who wanted his draft picks to have a 3-year college record at the minimum. That seems to make a whole lot of sense to me.

At the risk of elevating Bill Parcells to the Mt. Olympus of the NFL, wasn't he one of those guys who wanted his draft picks to have a 3-year college record at the minimum. That seems to make a whole lot of sense to me.

I know he at least thought that way about QBs but makes sense he would think that about all players

Instead of Whitner, McCargo and Maybin the Bills could have had Ngata, Mangold and Oher....WTF I just depressed myself

Id like to see a thread from when Jauron was hired and see how many people liked that....worst head coach since Rich Kotite, just awful

Edited by Max997

I know he at least thought that way about QBs but makes sense he would think that about all players

Instead of Whitner, McCargo and Maybin the Bills could have had Ngata, Mangold and Oher....WTF I just depressed myself

Id like to see a thread from when Jauron was hired and see how many people liked that....worst head coach since Rich Kotite, just awful

Although the TBD search function is clumsy and primitive, I saw a few threads that resemble the Maybin draft threads: some folks thought he was the saviour who would lead us to the promised land, and a greater number who said WTF?

The great thing about the 2009 posts is they show that the majority of the posters on a Bills fan board knew better than the "professionals" at OBD. And it was not the first time, by a long shot. This is not rocket science. It takes a special strain of incompetence to accomplish what's been done OBD in the past decade.

The great thing about the 2009 posts is they show that the majority of the posters on a Bills fan board knew better than the "professionals" at OBD. And it was not the first time, by a long shot. This is not rocket science. It takes a special strain of incompetence to accomplish what's been done OBD in the past decade.

+ 100 So sad, yet so true :wallbash:

Funny to see who has always been a homer and who could call a spade a spade. Very insightful on some current posters...

Yah, big shock that the Big Cat approved of the pick...

Indeed. And this is a point Mike Schope - everyone's favorite whipping boy has pointed out. For as much as fans are prone to hyperbole, it is totally 100% accurate that the franchise would be better off today had the average know-nothing armchair fan been functioning as GM for the last ten years. Ralph is so concerned about $, yet think about how much he's wasted on his front office (salary, flights, paid hotels/meals/expenses) when Joe in South Buffalo could've just used Kiper's board and made better picks. Maybe he wouldn't have drafted Kyle Williams and maybe he still would've drafted Mike Williams, but this is one among many many awful moves that would not have happened. It's a joke.

Edited by BuffOrange

Yes I recall the stink you made about that pick. Some of the funniest draft meltdownery in TBD history

That really isn't applicable. We could have drafted Daryl Green with that pick and he still would have made a stink about it. The quality of the player is irrelevant to Bill.

That really isn't applicable. We could have drafted Daryl Green with that pick and he still would have made a stink about it. The quality of the player is irrelevant to Bill.

To be fair this is the moment when he was drafted and the collective response of the board:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/45867-official-nfl-draft-day-2006-thread/page__view__findpost__p__674457

It wasn't just Bill.

I would like to see the thread after Whitner was drafted. ;)

I hated the Whitner pick as well. You dont reach for an undersized safety when you cant stop the run and a stud DT is sitting there

Ngata was as obvious a pick as Marcel was this year

then the trade up for McCargo, even worse

seriously, most of the posters on this board would have done better then the Bills front office, thats sad