Official Draft Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just stupid. It really is. If you're going to take a flyer on a kid in the 6th or 7th, great, go ahead. But to draft two similar, undersized players at an overstocked position with not a ton of upside is just plain dumb. It's impossible that both of them are making the roster, and it's highly likely neither of them will unless they cut Corner or Youboty, which would be even more dumb. If you like one of them a lot and want to develop him on the PS great. But we need projects at TE and OT and LB and DT and DE, too.

Totally agree with you.

Gil Brandt just said that LaBeau is sick that we got Lankster, cause Pittsburgh wanted him in Rd 7. Interesting.

Everyone said they really like what the Bills did this weekend, FWIW...

Not the first time Brandt has heaped praise on the kid. Last week someone called Brandt from Pittsburg asking about Roscoe Parrish. Brandt response was: After more or less trashing Roscoe.... re his size. There is a kid from WV ...

and I am fairly certain it was Lankster he was talking about.

It's just stupid. It really is. If you're going to take a flyer on a kid in the 6th or 7th, great, go ahead. But to draft two similar, undersized players at an overstocked position with not a ton of upside is just plain dumb. It's impossible that both of them are making the roster, and it's highly likely neither of them will unless they cut Corner or Youboty, which would be even more dumb. If you like one of them a lot and want to develop him on the PS great. But we need projects at TE and OT and LB and DT and DE, too.

Nah, we can find another Pro Bowl OT on the street. Hey, it worked once, right?

I'm all right with the first five picks, but there's room to argue that a monkey with a dartboard could have equaled the "haul" in Rounds 5-7. Good thing this team has plenty of depth. ;)

Gil Brandt just said that LaBeau is sick that we got Lankster, cause Pittsburgh wanted him in Rd 7. Interesting.

That's right Pittsburgh! You just sit there and take it like you did when we stole Ryan Denney from you. ;)

Amen.

You know what the most idiotic part of it is? There's a good chance that the Bills will draft a CB in R1 next year. McGee is 30 and his contract is almost up. They'll need a replacement. Joy.

The Bills have now drafted 10 DBs in the last four drafts. It sure would be nice if they'd put half that much effort into some other positions.

Amen.

You know what the most idiotic part of it is? There's a good chance that the Bills will draft a CB in R1 next year. McGee is 30 and his contract is almost up. They'll need a replacement. Joy.

The Bills have now drafted 10 DBs in the last four drafts. It sure would be nice if they'd put half that much effort into some other positions.

The Bills take a corner in the first next year, then Im becoming a Steeler fan.

Im not bitching about the Wood pick or the Levitre pick. In fact I hope Wood starts at C, I like his nastiness and Hangartner is the back C/G. I hope Levitre develops into a solid pro. Jeez homers, all Im saying instead of drafting our 7th corner in round 6, maybe, just maybe, some depth at OT was a bigger priority.

I would think that the staff would be the best judge of that. Huh?

Id trade next years 7th round right now to take Willy and develop him, plus it prevents the Bills from drafting a CB in round 7 next year, a win-win.

Our 7th is reserved for Michael Vick, sorry. We can give next years 1st for him and not waste it on a CB, if it makes you feel better. ;)

I think DJ does this because he knows how hated he is among Bills fans. I don't think he'll be involved in another Bills draft. After all, he was involved with 4 in Chicago until the McCaskey's finally saw the light.

Nah, we can find another Pro Bowl OT on the street. Hey, it worked once, right?

I'm all right with the first five picks, but there's room to argue that a monkey with a dartboard could have equaled the "haul" in Rounds 5-7. Good thing this team has plenty of depth. ;)

I would trade a first for a GM with a record like Polian, Parcells, Newsome, or Jerry Reese to work as GM on this team. Regardless of this draft, there is a distinct need for someone with a personnel background to handle GM duties in Buffalo. Sadly, I think they'll find a reason to retain the management structure for the forseeable future.

I would think that the staff would be the best judge of that. Huh?

That explanation hasn't worked so well, the last nine years or so. Just sayin' ...