Andre SMith

per rotoworld:

The Bills are trying to trade up ahead of the Bengals at No. 6 to select Alabama OT Andre Smith, according to Scout.com.

The Bills are desperate for a bookend tackle after the Jason Peters trade, and the extra first-round pick will allow them to be aggressive in pursuit of their target. Smith's value appears to have fully rebounded despite a trainwreck offseason.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

per rotoworld:

The Bills are trying to trade up ahead of the Bengals at No. 6 to select Alabama OT Andre Smith, according to Scout.com.

The Bills are desperate for a bookend tackle after the Jason Peters trade, and the extra first-round pick will allow them to be aggressive in pursuit of their target. Smith's value appears to have fully rebounded despite a trainwreck offseason.

That's terrible news. I hate this team. Yuck.

per rotoworld:

Not even the Bills could be that stupid. Only Danny Snyder could.

If we trade up in this draft I will give up on the team entirely. We have too many needs to spend TWO 1st rounders replacing a position where WE CREATED a need to begin with.

Exactly. It's not so much anything against Smith, just the situation. As a top 5 pick, he'd break the bank. So we'd spend too much money on a risky player to fill a hole made because we didn't want to spend too much money on a proven player.

I HAVE to believe this is bull, but if it's not....

Exactly. It's not so much anything against Smith, just the situation. As a top 5 pick, he'd break the bank. So we'd spend too much money on a risky player to fill a hole made because we didn't want to spend too much money on a proven player.

I HAVE to believe this is bull, but if it's not....

It has to be a smokescreen. Right? But I just cant figure out how making teams believe this would help posture the Bills so they can get the player they really do want.

If this is true, like I said, I'm gonna be catching up on some yard work.

Outside of his meltdown at the combine you realize he's the best mauler in the draft though right?

The top 10 is supposed to be cheap to get into this year, if the Bills manage to trade up 5 spots to grab the best OL in the draft for a 3rd, yeah that would be a real dissapointment.

Nothing the Bills do would surprise me at this point...personally, if they do any trading up, I would love to see them get a defensive player like Aaron Curry, BJ Raji or Tyson Jackson... so I know that won't happen...

I really can't see this being true. If so it makes the Jason Peters trade just that much worse. Granted Peters play was slipping and he probably wasn't worth $10 million a year. But I'd rather have an overpaid above average LT and be able to spend the #11 pick on another area of need.

Last years #5 pick Glenn Dorsey signed a 5 year - $55 million contract with $23 million guaranteed. And that was actually a decent deal for KC as it represented a 1.3% contract decrease from the #5 overall selection the previous year Levi Brown (and only a .44% increase in guarenteed money when compared to Brown's). So the Bills would be looking at a 5 year - $58 million with above $25 million guaranteed. That is more money than Peters contract, and it cost us both 1st round picks. That would be probably one of the most moronic moves I've seen in the NFL in recent history.

Like I said, let's hope this is a rumor or an intentional misleading from the Bills camp.

I hope....no i wish this comes not true. This would be very expensive......two 1st rounders....and the money you talk about.... I feel in the same way: If this will happen...i will turn the TV + Internet off.

These are the same brainiacs at OBD who brought us McCargo and Losman. Seriously, if this is true, so help me....San Diego will move up a slot on my favorite teams list from spot #2.

C'mon Russ, you need to give people a reason to root for this team. Please don't do this if you're considering it....

Yep. If they actually did do this, I'd be out. Done.

EDIT: Here's the original article: http://buf.scout.com/2/859364.html

Im not going to get all doom and gloom on this like some, because we wont know what is a good move or bad for at least a year or two...so I find it hard to get too excited or pissed about what they do on draft day...at least thats what I tell myself...but I am sure if they were todo some trade that involved 2 first round picks to get this guy with all the red flags, I will probably throw something that breaks against the wall...

Im not opposed at drafting him at #11, or even trading our #11 and say another pick that isnt a first or second, but if we give up 2 first I probably have a s**t fit...at least until I calm down and convince myself it will work out.

What really pisses me off though, is that we are going to pay that dude a butt load of money in the top 5...so why didnt they just up the offer to Peters? Maybe that says more about Peters, his commitment, and his question marks then we think...

These are the same brainiacs at OBD who brought us McCargo and Losman. Seriously, if this is true, so help me....San Diego will move up a slot on my favorite teams list from spot #2.

C'mon Russ, you need to give people a reason to root for this team. Please don't do this if you're considering it....

Losman was drafted under Donahoe, and McCargo under Levy, Your statement makes no sense just another Bills hater that really does not know what he is talking about. At some time this year you will probably find yourself on the bandwagon telling everyone you told them Buffalo was going to be good. Someone get this man a chargers hat.

Losman was drafted under Donahoe, and McCargo under Levy, Your statement makes no sense just another Bills hater that really does not know what he is talking about. At some time this year you will probably find yourself on the bandwagon telling everyone you told them Buffalo was going to be good. Someone get this man a chargers hat.

The common thread through the Losman blunder, and the McCargo pick have been Tom Modrak, John Guy and Russ Brandon. Do you really think Marv Levy had much say in the Bills trading up to get John McCargo? This whole current administration is the Donohoe guys, without their leader...Modrack, Guy, and football man Brandon... they cleaned house of most of "TD's guys" and are now cleaning up their own self-created mess...maybe third time is a charm?