Andre SMith

Cowherd, who is 99.9% of the time a moron, made a good point.

The teams that trade up the most: Washington, Detroit, Cleveland

The teams that trade down the most: NE, Pittsburgh, Philly

I think smith is gonna be a good player but we have too many needs to give away picks. I'd stay where are and worst case scenario, load up the interior line positions and grab a tackle in the later rounds. But please don't trade up.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way that trading up would make sense is if we could do it cheaply....if Sanchez goes early, there may not be many other decent offers to trade up. Nobody wants to commit to those salaries. And if a team like Cleveland is desperate to trade down, we might be able to grab the #5 pick cheaply. If Cleveland only wanted an extra 4th to exchange #5 for our #11, we'd be stupid not to do it. It's smart business sense to keep in touch and see what the minimum asking price is....

from pft:

Bills Exploring A Trade To Land Andre Smith

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 24, 2009, 12:37 p.m. EDT

In the wake of trading Pro Bowl left offensive tackle Jason Peters to the Philadelphia Eagles, the Buffalo Bills are contemplating moving up from the No. 11 spot to try to acquire Alabama offensive tackle Andre Smith, according to Adam Caplan of Scout.com.

To do so, the Bills would likely need to work a deal to leapfrog the Cincinnati Bengals. The Bengals are reportedly very interested in the Outland Trophy award winner, too.

Smith, who has drawn heavy criticism for the way he has mishandled the draft process, remains a strong prospect based on his size, body of work against top competition and his potential upside if he matures.

There’s also a fair amount of risk involved with Smith, too, given his weight issues and questionable litany of decisions.

Smith drew increased scrutiny when he abruptly left the NFL Scouting Combine early without informing league and combine officials.

“I’m convinced and I think that most of the NFL is convinced that what we saw from Andre Smith at the combine was more about immaturity than about him being a bad kid,” NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said during a conference call. “And he needs to grow up a little bit and take things a little bit more seriously and stay in shape.”

Nothing the Bills do would surprise me at this point...personally, if they do any trading up, I would love to see them get a defensive player like Aaron Curry, BJ Raji or Tyson Jackson... so I know that won't happen...

If we trade up and it's not for one of those three I will find a new hobby on Sundays.

If we trade up and it's not for one of those three I will find a new hobby on Sundays.

Why are so many peoples' panties in a wad over this? First of all, don't you think it makes sense for the Bills to do their due diligence just to inquire about what it would take? Shouldn't they know what all of their options are, regardless of whether they would actually go through with it? Secondly, everyone talking about having to use our second first rounder is flat out wrong. At the most, they would have to give our second (which I am not advocating BTW).

Has it occurred to anyone that the Bills might be looking to put a package together that includes one, some or all of the players they have dangled over the past week or two to make this move? What if we only had to give up a third and Kelsey, or a fourth, a fifth and Roscoe, or something similar to get the deal done?

And BTW, just a simple inquiry is probably all it takes to start one of these Internet tizzies in the first place.

The only way that trading up would make sense is if we could do it cheaply....if Sanchez goes early, there may not be many other decent offers to trade up. Nobody wants to commit to those salaries. And if a team like Cleveland is desperate to trade down, we might be able to grab the #5 pick cheaply. If Cleveland only wanted an extra 4th to exchange #5 for our #11, we'd be stupid not to do it. It's smart business sense to keep in touch and see what the minimum asking price is....

my thoughts exactly.

Why are so many peoples' panties in a wad over this? First of all, don't you think it makes sense for the Bills to do their due diligence just to inquire about what it would take? Shouldn't they know what all of their options are, regardless of whether they would actually go through with it? Secondly, everyone talking about having to use our second first rounder is flat out wrong. At the most, they would have to give our second (which I am not advocating BTW).

Has it occurred to anyone that the Bills might be looking to put a package together that includes one, some or all of the players they have dangled over the past week or two to make this move? What if we only had to give up a third and Kelsey, or a fourth, a fifth and Roscoe, or something similar to get the deal done?

And BTW, just a simple inquiry is probably all it takes to start one of these Internet tizzies in the first place.

I never once said I had a problem with trading up. If we can grab a guy like Curry or Raji.

But this is being considered one of the most overrated OT groups in awhile. And we're going to take the biggest question mark out of all of them.

Would you really want Smith over Raji or Curry? I think one of them will be there. If we pass on them to take Smith I think this will be another draft we look back at and say look at who we passed on to get this guy.

Not sure if this has been posted yet. If not, here's another rumor regarding the Bills:

Adam Caplan of Scout.com is reporting that the Bills are contemplating a move up from 11 to draft....Andre Smith!

I think I would have a meltdown if this happend. I wouldn't want him at 11, let alone wasting another draft pick on him. The Bills have too many need to waste picks on trading up this year. I think they really need to either try to trade down at 11, or stand pat and draft either Orakpo, Raji, Ayers, or Oher. Then use 28 for another need postion that wasn't addressed at 11. Maybe Britton if available.

Glad to be part of the board. Watched for a long time and finally jumped in the pool.

--------------------------

In the wake of trading Pro Bowl left offensive tackle Jason Peters to the Philadelphia Eagles, the Buffalo Bills are contemplating moving up from the No. 11 spot to try to acquire Alabama offensive tackle Andre Smith, according to Adam Caplan of Scout.com.

To do so, the Bills would likely need to work a deal to leapfrog the Cincinnati Bengals. The Bengals are reportedly very interested in the Outland Trophy award winner, too.

Not sure if this has been posted yet. If not, here's another rumor regarding the Bills:

Adam Caplan of Scout.com is reporting that the Bills are contemplating a move up from 11 to draft....Andre Smith!

I think I would have a meltdown if this happend. I wouldn't want him at 11, let alone wasting another draft pick on him. The Bills have too many need to waste picks on trading up this year. I think they really need to either try to trade down at 11, or stand pat and draft either Orakpo, Raji, Ayers, or Oher. Then use 28 for another need postion that wasn't addressed at 11. Maybe Britton if available.

Glad to be part of the board. Watched for a long time and finally jumped in the pool.

It was, but all the mock drafts and "inside sources" junk pushed it to Page 2. Just another typical day-before-the-draft at TBD.

:thumbsup:

Welcome to the funhouse!

It was, but all the mock drafts and "inside sources" junk pushed it to Page 2. Just another typical day-before-the-draft at TBD.

:thumbsup:

Welcome to the funhouse!

Just saw that there were already like 4 other threads with Andre Smith in the title after I posted it. Thanks for putting it on this one.

You never really know how a draft pick will turn out, but this one would scare me a lot. Personally, I don't put a lot of stock in it. If he's there at 11, I could see them pulling the trigger on him. I can't see them moving up to get him though. 11 is a good spot. There will be a quality player there that fills a need of ours. No need for the team to panic and do something stupid.

Let's get Polian back to call the shots.