SI mock draft

Sure, why not? Of course I'm not saying he WOULD have, but here are his first three games, before suffering an injury: 148 yards (against the Vikings), 128 yards (Bills), 158 yards (Packers).

The point I'm making is, he was the guy they thought he was when they drafted him. Going back and lamenting they didn't pick someone else is ridiculous. He was great...and he was overused and got hurt.

overused? really? more like injury prone. Terrell Davis was a guy that might have been a great back, but once again injury prone. Emmitt Smiths two greatest feats were playing behind the Cowboy line for all those years, and staying mostly healthy for his career.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because clearly only one step around the tackle gets you to the QB.

I really can't take it when fans regurgitate garbage that they hear, and then decide that it's their opinion.

Really? How do you know what I know? Seeing that you're so persceptive, why are you wasting your time on a message board? You should really be parlaying your intelligence into big money Einstein.

Sure, why not? Of course I'm not saying he WOULD have, but here are his first three games, before suffering an injury: 148 yards (against the Vikings), 128 yards (Bills), 158 yards (Packers).

The point I'm making is, he was the guy they thought he was when they drafted him. Going back and lamenting they didn't pick someone else is ridiculous. He was great...and he was overused and got hurt.

Fair enough...

When the Buccaneers took Cadillac Williams it was between him and DeMarcus Ware. The knock on Ware was that teams thought that he was too "one dimensional". I wonder if they wished that they rethought that pick.

I worked the combine that year. I won't sit here and say I'm an expert in evaluating talent (because I'm not), but you would have to had been a damn fool to not be completely overwhelmed by Cadillac Williams. He had "IT." When it came time for him to do any of his drills, people stopped to watch. He was amazing.

In looking at my notes from those few days, I had Cadillac as the player I wish Buffalo could have had regardless of need. Then I put Ware, Ronnie Brown, Derrick Johnson and Braylon Edwards. I also noted how much I loved Heath Miller, and how Shawn Merriman would be a complete disappointment. So much for my scouting career.

I really can't take it when fans regurgitate garbage that they hear, and then decide that it's their opinion.

You know what I really can't take? When a fan decides that every time other fans disagree with his/her opinion on a player - Maybin in this case - they feel the need to respond like a condescending prick rather than simply stating their differing opinion in a respectful manner. The best part is, you trash others opinions on guys like this, without even explaining how your opinion differs from theirs. And by the way, I'm not even much of an Aaron Maybin fan. Great job.

There is a lot of talk about Maybin and Orakpo, how each could be a bust, the positives and negatives of each. I say look at the film, watch the games, watch the flow, the nature of the player in the position. I think, watching these top DE prospects - and I know this isn't the thread - but, it's E. Brown who is the most naturally dominant DE. I think this guy will be a monster, a one of a kind kind of football player, one whose name will be heard on almost every play.... yeah.

Really? How do you know what I know? Seeing that you're so persceptive, why are you wasting your time on a message board? You should really be parlaying your intelligence into big money Einstein.

Because you restated word for word what the talking heads say. If you're going to listen to other people and accept their opinions as yours without actually finding out for yourself how right they are, you could at least mix the words around or something so it's not so obvious.

You know what I really can't take? When a fan decides that every time other fans disagree with his/her opinion on a player - Maybin in this case - they feel the need to respond like a condescending prick rather than simply stating their differing opinion in a respectful manner. The best part is, you trash others opinions on guys like this, without even explaining how your opinion differs from theirs. And by the way, I'm not even much of an Aaron Maybin fan. Great job.

You tell me where in my post I point out that I'm not an Aaron Maybin fan. Tell me where I make it known that his opinion is different from mine.

Your post bashes me for not stating my opinion, and then you proceed to bash me based on the fact that he and I differ in opinion. Well, If I didn't state my opinion, how would you know if it differs from his or not? You have a habit of arguing in a circle. It doesn't go both ways, buddy, so which is it?

You tell me where in my post I point out that I'm not an Aaron Maybin fan. Tell me where I make it known that his opinion is different from mine.

Your post bashes me for not stating my opinion, and then you proceed to bash me based on the fact that he and I differ in opinion. Well, If I didn't state my opinion, how would you know if it differs from his or not? You have a habit of arguing in a circle. It doesn't go both ways, buddy, so which is it?

You responded to people who said that they like Aaron Maybin with those posts. That would seem to make it quite obvious that you don't agree with their assesment, would it not? If you are incinuating right now that your opinion on him is no different from theirs, then why would you feel the need to say that all their doing is regurgitating garbage and are unable to form their own opinions? That wouldn't make much sense, would it? Unless you're just doing it for the sake of being contradictory, which wouldn't surprise me. You say I have a habit of arguing in circles, I say that you have a habit of taking unnecessary shots at posters who have different views on players. Or those who you don't seem to think have as many years under their belt of NFL scouting as you do. Maybe both.

You responded to people who said that they like Aaron Maybin with those posts. That would seem to make it quite obvious that you don't agree with their assesment, would it not? If you are incinuating right now that your opinion on him is no different from theirs, then why would you feel the need to say that all their doing is regurgitating garbage and are unable to form their own opinions? That wouldn't make much sense, would it? Unless you're just doing it for the sake of being contradictory, which wouldn't surprise me. You say I have a habit of arguing in circles, I say that you have a habit of taking unnecessary shots at posters who have different views on players. Or those who you don't seem to think have as many years under their belt of NFL scouting as you do. Maybe both.

Seriously... what are you talking about? I didn't even mention Aaron Maybin in my first post, and you're telling me that I don't like him.

This is comical.

Seriously... what are you talking about? I didn't even mention Aaron Maybin in my first post, and you're telling me that I don't like him.

This is comical.

What's comical is that you're failing to understand that you made your first two statements in response to what people said about Maybin's first step and your baseless feeling that other people can't form their own opinions about the subject, and that they just follow the talking heads. Whether you like Maybin or not is irrelevant to me, it's the manner in which you replied to a couple of posters that were touting him that bothered me. That's the only reason Aaron Maybin came into the conversation.

Good point.

I saw every game Maybin played. He's quick as hell. The problem is once the OT gets his hands on him he's done. He needs an inside counter move that works for him and I'm really worried about him vs. the run as a DE.

If this were the good old days of the 3-4 I would absouletly LOVE Maybin as a blitzing OLB a la Bryce Paup or Kevin Greene. He'd be deadly in that role. But these ain't the old days and I just don't see him working out as a 3 down DE.

If we took Maybin over Orakpo, Everette Brown, Michael Oher, and Brandon Pettigrew... I'd become a Detroit Lions fan.

Hypocrite. Do you think people haven't read your comments from other posts? Here's your great "input" from my other post on my first round draft predictions. Matter of fact, you were the first one to respond to it and you couldn't bash it fast enough.

Because you restated word for word what the talking heads say. If you're going to listen to other people and accept their opinions as yours without actually finding out for yourself how right they are, you could at least mix the words around or something so it's not so obvious.

You don't like my verbage? Too bad. Maybin's first step is what makes him effective, there's nothing else to talk about. Tell me what words I should use so I don't sound like everyone else. I have been touting Maybin for our DE pick now for several weeks because of his speed to the QB. Now recently Kelsay is rumored to be on the trading block, so why wouldn't he be one of the frontrunners for our selection at this position? Be careful on how you answer this, I don't want you to use other people's words.

There are a few posters around here that just like to be argumentive, critical, condescending and just flat out be an @$$hole and you're one of them. I hope that someday I get the pleasure of meeting you.

I remember - he looked unstoppable, but if I recall he only had a couple games like that before the Caddy ran out of gas, and never looked the same again. Just our luck that we were the roadkill for one of those games....

Or it might have something to do with our HORRIBLE RUN DEFENSE that year

Gruden ran him into the ground.

I'm not sure I buy that. He got a lot of touches (290) as a rookie, but that doesn't come anywhere close to Larry Johnson's 416 in '06.

Maybin is a damn good pass rusher, but his run defense is questionable at best. Orakpo, meanwhile, has a lot of negative buzz from a few scouts... some believe he shouldn't even be a first rounder.

Orakpo seems to have Vernon Gholston syndrome.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Maybin won't be able to get to the passer as a 4-3 DE, and his run defense will be non-existant. And I have no idea how Orakpo suffers from "Vernon Gholston syndrome." Because they both hit the gym hard? Give me a break.

Dang, so who is it? Brown, Orakpo, Maybin, or Ayers? I've never been this clueless going into draft weekend.

Orakpo if he's there, no question. Ayers and Maybin would be worth is at #28 maybe. Actually, I don't want Maybin at all. He hasn't shown he can drop into coverage at OLB and he won't be able to get to the QB as a DE. Pass.

You don't like my verbage? Too bad. Maybin's first step is what makes him effective, there's nothing else to talk about. Tell me what words I should use so I don't sound like everyone else. I have been touting Maybin for our DE pick now for several weeks because of his speed to the QB. Now recently Kelsay is rumored to be on the trading block, so why wouldn't he be one of the frontrunners for our selection at this position? Be careful on how you answer this, I don't want you to use other people's words.

There are a few posters around here that just like to be argumentive, critical, condescending and just flat out be an @$$hole and you're one of them. I hope that someday I get the pleasure of meeting you.

Not to be overly "argumentative" or "critical" (both of which I can be), but Maybin's first step isn't really all you can talk about. It's his greatest asset, sure, but when he gets to the NFL and tackles are quicker and he needs to use something else besides that first step he's going to be shut down. He could be a huge boom as a 3-4 OLB, but I think - and I feel very, very strongly about this - that he was be a major bust as a 4-3 DE. Orakpo, on the other hand, produced as a legit 4-3 DE which fits us to a T.