SI mock draft

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Orakpo has a few warts - Texas laziness, might be injury prone, few/no pass rush moves. I think the laziness might be overstated since he couldn't be in as phenomenal condition as he is if he didn't work his a$s off.

All that talk seems to come from posters, from what I have seen. I don't know that I have seen a single profile of him, from a respected site, that has called him "lazy".

When the Buccaneers took Cadillac Williams it was between him and DeMarcus Ware. The knock on Ware was that teams thought that he was too "one dimensional". I wonder if they wished that they rethought that pick.

Cadillac Williams looked excellent before the injury. In fact, you may recall him running right over the Bills when they played in Tampa in 05.

Cadillac Williams looked excellent before the injury. In fact, you may recall him running right over the Bills when they played in Tampa in 05.

I remember - he looked unstoppable, but if I recall he only had a couple games like that before the Caddy ran out of gas, and never looked the same again. Just our luck that we were the roadkill for one of those games....

I remember - he looked unstoppable, but if I recall he only had a couple games like that before the Caddy ran out of gas, and never looked the same again. Just our luck that we were the roadkill for one of those games....

His first three games, he was awesome.

No doubt but when all things are somewhat equal defense should first and as great as Williams started off that Ware turned out to be a stud.

No doubt but when all things are somewhat equal defense should first and as great as Williams started off that Ware turned out to be a stud.

And, had Williams not suffered that injury, he might have produced some of the greatest rushing stats of our lifetime...at the rate he was going.

It's Maybin all the way. The guy has a phenomenal first step with a ton of upside.

I agree.. Maybin is clearly better.. the best first step of all the linemen in the draft

Because clearly only one step around the tackle gets you to the QB.

I really can't take it when fans regurgitate garbage that they hear, and then decide that it's their opinion.

It has the Bills taking Maybin over Orakpo? I dont' understand, I can see them taking Maybin, but over Orakpo? That's pushing it.

What will be Maybin's natural playing weight? Sure he put some on for the draft but he'll return close to his original weight in time. I think Orakpo is the better pick.

And, had Williams not suffered that injury, he might have produced some of the greatest rushing stats of our lifetime...at the rate he was going.

Seriously?

Seriously?

Sure, why not? Of course I'm not saying he WOULD have, but here are his first three games, before suffering an injury: 148 yards (against the Vikings), 128 yards (Bills), 158 yards (Packers).

The point I'm making is, he was the guy they thought he was when they drafted him. Going back and lamenting they didn't pick someone else is ridiculous. He was great...and he was overused and got hurt.

Maybin is a damn good pass rusher, but his run defense is questionable at best. Orakpo, meanwhile, has a lot of negative buzz from a few scouts... some believe he shouldn't even be a first rounder.

Orakpo seems to have Vernon Gholston syndrome.