SI mock draft

All that talk seems to come from posters, from what I have seen. I don't know that I have seen a single profile of him, from a respected site, that has called him "lazy".

I dont know if it is so much laziness as he tends to disappear in the big games. Watch the Ohio St bowl game last year. he mad a few nice plays in the beggining & then you did not hear from him te rest of the game.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if it is so much laziness as he tends to disappear in the big games. Watch the Ohio St bowl game last year. he mad a few nice plays in the beggining & then you did not hear from him te rest of the game.

You're right on about that. He disrupted a few plays in the first half, but I remember asking myself about midway through the 4th quarter if he had gotten hurt or something because I don't think I heard his name once in the second half.

I can't believe some of the posters here think that because a player has a quick first step he will become a dominate pass rusher, holy cow get a grip willyas.

When a team drafts a player with the 11th pick in the draft he better be able to do more then rush the passer or he is a one down player,that is 3rd down.

Can he stop the run,cover the TE or RB if needed? Can he run the arc on a 330 lb NFL tackle with long arms?

Guys like Maybin and Everette Brown are one trick pony's that have huge bust written all over them,they might be great in 2-3 years if developed properly. Then again maybe not, and it is taking a huge risk if he doesn't develop.

He has the potential to be another Dwight Freeny and he does fit the profile for the prototype player for the Tampa 2 defensive end.

Should the Bills select him they will be developing him for the next head coach because Maybin won't save Jauron's job this year.

Not to be overly "argumentative" or "critical" (both of which I can be), but Maybin's first step isn't really all you can talk about. It's his greatest asset, sure, but when he gets to the NFL and tackles are quicker and he needs to use something else besides that first step he's going to be shut down. He could be a huge boom as a 3-4 OLB, but I think - and I feel very, very strongly about this - that he was be a major bust as a 4-3 DE. Orakpo, on the other hand, produced as a legit 4-3 DE which fits us to a T.

There's no problem with others not agreeing on what I'm saying. It's when the smart ass remarks take presidence over the subject matter. I respect your opinion, even if I don't agree with it.

I can't believe some of the posters here think that because a player has a quick first step he will become a dominate pass rusher, holy cow get a grip willyas.

When a team drafts a player with the 11th pick in the draft he better be able to do more then rush the passer or he is a one down player,that is 3rd down.

Can he stop the run,cover the TE or RB if needed? Can he run the arc on a 330 lb NFL tackle with long arms?

Guys like Maybin and Everette Brown are one trick pony's that have huge bust written all over them,they might be great in 2-3 years if developed properly. Then again maybe not, and it is taking a huge risk if he doesn't develop.

He has the potential to be another Dwight Freeny and he does fit the profile for the prototype player for the Tampa 2 defensive end.

Should the Bills select him they will be developing him for the next head coach because Maybin won't save Jauron's job this year.

I just think that the Bills like his speed. I also feel like he's a good pick based on character, and yes I got that right from the talking heads, and potential. Kelsay hasn't brought anything to the table in these other areas that you have mentioned but he also doesn't get to the QB either. I believe that Denney is a rotational player that they can count on and if Maybin can come in on 3 rd downs in his first year to speed rush the QB then our DEs will be effective and THAT I thought up all by my little lonesome.

You don't like my verbage? Too bad. Maybin's first step is what makes him effective, there's nothing else to talk about. Tell me what words I should use so I don't sound like everyone else. I have been touting Maybin for our DE pick now for several weeks because of his speed to the QB. Now recently Kelsay is rumored to be on the trading block, so why wouldn't he be one of the frontrunners for our selection at this position? Be careful on how you answer this, I don't want you to use other people's words.

When will people understand that I don't care what people's opinions are? I care about the evidence used in supporting them. I don't attack people's conclusions, I attack their premise. Half the time I agree with them, but their argument is set up in an extremely poor way. I'd never criticize someone for liking Aaron Maybin, or any other player in the draft, if they had a good reason why they felt that way. If you don't have a good reason, I'm going to call you out on it.

If you're going to make a bold claim that we'd take someone else other than Everette Brown, Briank Orakpo, Michael Oher and Brandon Pettigrew, you better have a reason why. Instead, you said because Maybin "has the quickest first step" or some garbage that you could have only heard on TV. I'm sorry, but that doesn't do it for me. You're going to have to give me more.

Read my history of posts. When there is good conversation to be had, I'm all in it. When a person posts a conclusion with a false premise, that's when I criticize. It just so happens you post in much of the latter.