Russ on ESPN: We are comfortable with Walker @ LT / Bell @ RT...

SKOOBY

Russ brandon say's "we are comfortable with walker at LT and bell at RT" They believe they struck gold twice (peters undrafted FA/Bell 7th rounder. By the start of the 2010 season I think they believe bell is there man of the future at LT and walker will be moved back to RT.

Just a FYI.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it all depends on how much faith they have for Bell. If they believe he can be the man, then my guess is that they won't draft a tackle in the first round. If they are unsure about him, then I suppose they will draft a tackle in day 1.

Yeah, there's nothing worthwhile coming out of the mouths of any personnel man in the league. Levy and Jauron were talking up Fred Jackson when we drafted Marshawn Lynch.

True, and they might have been trying to be deceptive, but it sure looks like they were right.

I am personally of the belief that the Bills should NOT attempt to draft an LT with pick 11. I feel like it would completely void the benefit of trading Peters. The Bills have internal solutions to the problems at LT and RT, they have no solutions to the problems at DE, OLB, and TE (I know, I know, Schobel is coming back what are you talking about. But, I don't view that as a solution since his foot is potentially screwed up for the long term).

If we draft an LT, I think that poses two problems for the Bills. 1) They essentially traded their top LT (lazy he might have been) for the 28th pick, only to replace the aforementioned LT with a lesser player. Thus, the Bills essentially went from having the number 11 pick, to having the 28th pick. 2) There are no LT's worth taking at 11. I don't think Oher is worth it and Smith worries me too much.

Regarding Brandon's comments. I think that it is clearly a smokescreen, but only in the sense that he HAS to smokescreen. Everyone in the world thinks that the Bills are taking an LT at 11 after trading Peters. I don't think the Bills will do it, solely because of what I just mentioned, but regardless, Brandon has to make it clear that they are not sold on an LT.

IMO, I think the Bills will draft a DE or a surprise pick in Pettigrew. Though all the mocks have the Bills going LT, why would the Bills front office want to handicap themselves with a pick only a week before the draft? I imagine that their goal is to keep the same mindset after the Peters trade, as they had before the trade. I wouldn't be surprised if they target someone like Alex Mack instead of one of the DE's, and hope he falls to them at 28.

That's the smartest thing you've ever said.

Actually, I can believe this to an extent. The Bills weren't shy about praising Bell even before this trade happened. I think they really do like him a lot. I'd be surprised if they don't add some competition at OT, but I think its unlikely that it'll be in the form of a 1st round pick.

We did pretty well before Peters decided to grace the team with his lazy/selfish presence last year. There are other major needs to fill....If Bell/Walker can be merely "average" at this point and the Bills fill other holes then we are ahead of last year already. I'd rather have a little less talent and lot more heart than what we have experienced. Maybe they are right.