Peters Press Conference in Philly

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't listened to it yet.....but I am sure Eagles fans will love him as long as he produces.....if he was an ax murderer they would love him as long as he produces.

I personally cant stand him.....he is no longer a bill...I hope Aaron Schrobel burns him for 5 sacks the next time we play

:( And that might happen in this decade.

Actually outside of that retarded remark of thinking about his contract after getting beat, Peters really didn't say anything out of order. It killed me to read that it blew his mind that we traded him. Dammit, why couldn't this thing get worked out?! I think that this thing must have gotten way out of hand and gotten to the point where there was very poor communication in the end. I think egos on both sides played too much a part of it also.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Sto...?story_id=17673

He's really come off as ignorant, self-centered and lazy. He has a poor attitude and should be humble, not a pompous arse. He was undrafted, got a chance and made it, then he thinks he's entitled to obscene amounts of money but goes about it the wrong way. Very disappointing.

The Bills were patient and brought him along with great coaching and if IIRC, they gave him a new contract without his asking last time.

Not one person posting in this thread defending the guy. Were all you guys okay with the trade when it happened? Or have his comments created some converts?

I wanted him to stay but after his PC it was obvious the Bills got the Better end of the deal. :(

Peters will be a stud for Philly and will be talked about for years to come after he dominates the unstoppable NFC east pass rushers IMO.

If that's not sarcasm then I have to PUNCH!

Dude....he scored in the single digits on the Wonderlic....he's basically on the short bus.

He's like Lennie Small from Of Mice and Men.

He was petting a dead rabbit during his PC.

The Bills did very well with the Peters trade in terms of return on their investment. They paid no draft choices for him. The might have traded him at the peak of his value. They got 2-3 good years out of him. The have a number one , 4 and

6. draft picks.

How many Front offices can say that about an UDFA. It may be an NFL record in terms of return on investment!

Now the Jackson thing is another story...

Peters will be a stud for Philly and will be talked about for years to come after he dominates the unstoppable NFC east pass rushers IMO.

Yeah, the way he dominated Umeniyora during that game against the Giants in 2007 which led to him shredding his groin. Now he's got to face him twice a year.

Not one person posting in this thread defending the guy. Were all you guys okay with the trade when it happened? Or have his comments created some converts?

I was. And I become more convinced it was the right move every day.

I thought they should have played hardball with him from the start and am happy they had the foresight to do so.

I hope he's a disaster in Philly and is booed off the field. Not that he'll give a damn.

All I ask as a Bills fan is that EVERY ONE OF US VOTES for Peters to go pro bowl. Why? Because regardless of how he does this year - if the pick as advertised is conditional, that is most likely one of the conditions. So, let's get that pick in 2010 as high as it can get!

...is that he is a total douchebag. I'm sorry - but nothing he said in there stands him up as a good guy or is even a little bit grateful that the Bills took a chance on him.

A classless buffoon.

This thread sounds like sour grapes and after the fact justification. Most players in the NFL have this me-first, show me the $$ attitude. Can they play, especially at a critical position? Fans dont have to work with him or pay him. I believe this is the Bills cheaping out on a proven player at a position of need. More running backs + less proven linemen = losing formula. The Eagles fundamentally understand this. It simply doesnt matter if he was an UDFA years ago or what his Wonderlic score is. His trade worth isnt a draft day formula, he's proven himself. How long do you have to be in the workforce before they stop asking what college you went to and your GPA? This is a major step backwards.

The Bills did very well with the Peters trade in terms of return on their investment. They paid no draft choices for him. The might have traded him at the peak of his value. They got 2-3 good years out of him. The have a number one , 4 and

6. draft picks.

How many Front offices can say that about an UDFA. It may be an NFL record in terms of return on investment!

Now the Jackson thing is another story...

What exactly does this do for us on the field?

...is that he is a total douchebag. I'm sorry - but nothing he said in there stands him up as a good guy or is even a little bit grateful that the Bills took a chance on him.

A classless buffoon.

Again, the myth that had not generous Buffalo given him a chance he'd be flipping burgers. Check the scouting reports from that draft on Peters, he was tops on everyones sleeper list and had his choice of teams to sign with after the draft. He picked us, not the other way around, because given our crappy roster, we offered him the best chance to make the squad. He was a TE in college on a team that ran the ball all the time so mostly he was blocking and was projected to be a tackle in the NFL but as a long term project.

I don't get your definition of "classless". Was he critical of the Bills, their FO or any of his prior teamates? NO. As for the hold out he said was he didn't want to but had to do it to support his family. Do you have any idea how many people in his family he is financially supporting? NO. Was it smart to get out of a bad deal 2 years early and become the highest paid LT in NFL history? YES. Was it a good career move to get on a team that is a perennial contender in a major market? YES. Tell me specifically what he said, his actual words, that you found so classless?

That classless bufoon and his miscreant agent just outwitted our FO big time. Deal with it.

Again, the myth that had not generous Buffalo given him a chance he'd be flipping burgers. Check the scouting reports from that draft on Peters, he was tops on everyones sleeper list and had his choice of teams to sign with after the draft. He picked us, not the other way around, because given our crappy roster, we offered him the best chance to make the squad. He was a TE in college on a team that ran the ball all the time so mostly he was blocking and was projected to be a tackle in the NFL but as a long term project.

Wrong. The Bills released Peters during the off-season of his rookie and then he had a visit with the Giants, who refused to sign him. And no other team signed him after that, except for the Bills. And if not for Mularkey suggesting he move to OT, that change wouldn't have happened either.