Peters Press Conference in Philly

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't listened to it yet.....but I am sure Eagles fans will love him as long as he produces.....if he was an ax murderer they would love him as long as he produces.

I personally cant stand him.....he is no longer a bill...I hope Aaron Schrobel burns him for 5 sacks the next time we play

They are talking about on an Eagles' board.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index...howtopic=543674

Personally, I never faulted Peters for wanting more money. He was underpaid but he handled his situation about as poorly as you could and left the Bills with no choice. And these comments just illustrated he wasn't about the team first.

I'd rather have 3 hungry players from the picks than one guy who was jsut about getting his money.

They are talking about on an Eagles' board.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index...howtopic=543674

Personally, I never faulted Peters for wanting more money. He was underpaid but he handled his situation about as poorly as you could and left the Bills with no choice. And these comments just illustrated he wasn't about the team first.

I'd rather have 3 hungry players from the picks than one guy who was jsut about getting his money.

You have to register. :devil:

As always, our boy Tim Graham has a good take on it:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-7-93/...s-attitude.html

Loved this:

Peters was asked if his contract situation affected his play last year.

"A little bit," Peters said. "I was thinking about it sometimes. If you get beat on a play and you think about your contract ... It doesn't affect me that much. I thought about it some early in the year, but later on in the year it wasn't a big deal."

Sounds to me that if a defender blew past Peters on a particular play, Peters could shrug it off with the notion "Oh, well. I'm not getting paid enough anyway." You wonder how that attitude affected him every day in practice -- once he showed up, that is.

Loved this:

"A little bit," Peters said. "I was thinking about it sometimes. If you get beat on a play and you think about your contract ... It doesn't affect me that much. I thought about it some early in the year, but later on in the year it wasn't a big deal."

Sounds to me that if a defender blew past Peters on a particular play, Peters could shrug it off with the notion "Oh, well. I'm not getting paid enough anyway." You wonder how that attitude affected him every day in practice -- once he showed up, that is.

Yeah, I agree. That is the stupidest thing for any pro-player to say in any sport. (Translation; Money money money, that's all that motivates me.)

Loved this:

Peters is a tool. i'm not suprised he scored a 9 or whatever ridicliously low score he got on his wonderlic.

good riddance. have fun faking an injury halfway through the season now that you got your big pay day

Yeah, I agree. That is the stupidest thing for any pro-player to say in any sport. (Translation; Money money money, that's all that motivates me.)

He's kind of on a roll - wasn't one of his last statements as a Bill something to the effect of "To go to the Pro Bowl - that's what it's all about. That's why we play this game".

Moron :devil: (Peters, not you Steely)

He's really come off as ignorant, self-centered and lazy. He has a poor attitude and should be humble, not a pompous arse. He was undrafted, got a chance and made it, then he thinks he's entitled to obscene amounts of money but goes about it the wrong way. Very disappointing.

He's really come off as ignorant, self-centered and lazy. He has a poor attitude and should be humble, not a pompous arse. He was undrafted, got a chance and made it, then he thinks he's entitled to obscene amounts of money but goes about it the wrong way. Very disappointing.

"buyer beware" philly i hope you know what you did

i cant wait till jason feels he is being wronged by philly and starts pulling his stunts again

Not one person posting in this thread defending the guy. Were all you guys okay with the trade when it happened? Or have his comments created some converts?

You can't defend a guy taking plays off that might of cost us momentum, wins and maybe even our season. You either play to win or don't play, this isn't a college game.

You can't defend a guy taking plays off that might of cost us momentum, wins and maybe even our season. You either play to win or don't play, this isn't a college game.

Stunning observation. I was all for the trade, his comments solidified what I always believed to be true about his attitude.