Peters Press Conference in Philly

The Bills did very well with the Peters trade in terms of return on their investment. TIt may be an NFL record in terms of return on investment!

You're on crack. The Bills also spent a lot of time and energy developing him into a top-flight tackle.

They traded him for pennies on the dollar.

This front office sucks.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, the myth that had not generous Buffalo given him a chance he'd be flipping burgers. Check the scouting reports from that draft on Peters, he was tops on everyones sleeper list and had his choice of teams to sign with after the draft. He picked us, not the other way around, because given our crappy roster, we offered him the best chance to make the squad. He was a TE in college on a team that ran the ball all the time so mostly he was blocking and was projected to be a tackle in the NFL but as a long term project.

I don't get your definition of "classless". Was he critical of the Bills, their FO or any of his prior teamates? NO. As for the hold out he said was he didn't want to but had to do it to support his family. Do you have any idea how many people in his family he is financially supporting? NO. Was it smart to get out of a bad deal 2 years early and become the highest paid LT in NFL history? YES. Was it a good career move to get on a team that is a perennial contender in a major market? YES. Tell me specifically what he said, his actual words, that you found so classless?

That classless bufoon and his miscreant agent just outwitted our FO big time. Deal with it.

Fatass was also cut during one of the first cutdowns, and none of the other 31 teams thought high enough of him to attempt to sign him. You're right though that he wouldn't be flipping burgers. Burger flipping requires the necessary mental capacity to understand that one side is cooked and one side is uncooked, and that you need to put the uncooked side face down on the grill. Peters doesn't quite fit the bill for that job.

Yeah, the way he dominated Umeniyora during that game against the Giants in 2007 which led to him shredding his groin. Now he's got to face him twice a year.

Actually, he was completely dominating Umeniyora before getting hurt. When he went out, the Giants unleashed the hounds.

Fatass was also cut during one of the first cutdowns, and none of the other 31 teams thought high enough of him to attempt to sign him.

... and that's relevant how?

That a perennial playoff contender values Peters as such is telling. If you can't handle the fact that the Bills got fleeced yet again, go ahead and insult Peters, if it makes you feel better.

... and that's relevant how?

That a perennial playoff contender values Peters as such is telling. If you can't handle the fact that the Bills got fleeced yet again, go ahead and insult Peters, if it makes you feel better.

I've made it plenty clear that i'm not happy with what the Bills got in return. I wasn't expecting a cutler-like haul, but i expected more than what they got. I was ok with trading Jason "Lennie" Peters, but the FO should have gotten a better return on their investment.

My argument was to Mickey who made it seem like everyone in the NFL wanted Peters on their squad.

I've made it plenty clear that i'm not happy with what the Bills got in return. I wasn't expecting a cutler-like haul, but i expected more than what they got. I was ok with trading Jason "Lennie" Peters, but the FO should have gotten a better return on their investment.

My argument was to Mickey who made it seem like everyone in the NFL wanted Peters on their squad.

I am pretty pissed that they let it come to this. I think most teams would love to have Peters on their squad but they either didn't have the budget to pay him or didn't have a need at LT. By letting Nate Clements walk for nothing, trading Roscoe for a 4th round pick, and getting pennies on the dollar for Peters, the Bills' front office is willfully eroding its talent base.

This team will not survive in Buffalo with this type of mismanagement.

I am pretty pissed that they let it come to this. I think most teams would love to have Peters on their squad but they either didn't have the budget to pay him or didn't have a need at LT. By letting Nate Clements walk for nothing, trading Roscoe for a 4th round pick, and getting pennies on the dollar for Peters, the Bills' front office is willfully eroding its talent base.

FWIW, i can at least the logic behind the Peters and Clements moves. I do not understand the lahjik of trading Roscoe for a 4th rounder.

Nate wanted the farm & so did Peters, tossed to the curb. We paid Lee and brought in TO to give us arguably the best WR duo in the league and now get to draft some talent. Loading up for the best looking draft class in decades is smart business, plan on us doing well.

Probably among the most ignorant posts on this board.

Who do you think approved all those personnel moves? And who do you think is the only person that decides whether the team survives in Buffalo?

Actually, he was completely dominating Umeniyora before getting hurt. When he went out, the Giants unleashed the hounds.

Peters was injured on the Bills' 4th series of the game, and his bull rush of Peters is what caused him to shred his groin.

Peters was injured on the Bills' 4th series of the game, and his bull rush of Peters is what caused him to shred his groin.

The Bills were unstoppable until he got hurt. As for his injury, I'd think it's pretty wrong to chalk it up to an apparent good play by someone else. Did it occur to you that he may have torn it coming out of his stance, which led to the apparently successful bullrush in the first place? I have no recollection of the actual play, but I do recall the Bills moving up and down the field before he got hurt.

Edit: Check out the play by play. It even mentions Peters' injury. Perhaps it was coincidental, but the Bills offense went down the tubes after he left the game.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gamecenter/pl...0071223_NYG@BUF

The Bills were unstoppable until he got hurt. As for his injury, I'd think it's pretty wrong to chalk it up to an apparent good play by someone else. Did it occur to you that he may have torn it coming out of his stance, which led to the apparently successful bullrush in the first place? I have no recollection of the actual play, but I do recall the Bills moving up and down the field before he got hurt.

Edit: Check out the play by play. It even mentions Peters' injury. Perhaps it was coincidental, but the Bills offense went down the tubes after he left the game.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gamecenter/pl...0071223_NYG@BUF

I remember the play vividly. Peters got out of his stance fine. It was when Umenyiora engaged/bull-rushed him and crunched him back on himself that Peters got injured. I originally thought it was a hyperextension of his leg.

Whether you want to argue semantics over who dominated whom, Umenyiora won the battle because he knocked Peters out. I was highly disappointed when it happened because I thought Peters was an all-world LT and Umenyiora should have been able to do that to him. And the Giants went onto win the SB, shutting down the greatest offense in NFL history, so it can be argued that losing Peters wasn't the sole reason why the offense went into the tank, and that they made adjustments.

I remember the play vividly. Peters got out of his stance fine. It was when Umenyiora engaged/bull-rushed him and crunched him back on himself that Peters got injured. I originally thought it was a hyperextension of his leg.

Whether you want to argue semantics over who dominated whom, Umenyiora won the battle because he knocked Peters out. I was highly disappointed when it happened because I thought Peters was an all-world LT and Umenyiora should have been able to do that to him. And the Giants went onto win the SB, shutting down the greatest offense in NFL history, so it can be argued that losing Peters wasn't the sole reason why the offense went into the tank, and that they made adjustments.

Peters will get to face him at least several times a year now, enjoy.

Who do you think approved all those personnel moves? And who do you think is the only person that decides whether the team survives in Buffalo?

... and who do you think is responsible for mismanaging a franchise that hasn't sniffed the playoffs since the Clinton administration?

If this team continues to lose, revenue growth will be tough to come by, necessitating that the team look elsewhere for funds. That they are considering giving up yet another home game is pretty telling.

FWIW, i can at least the logic behind the Peters and Clements moves. I do not understand the lahjik of trading Roscoe for a 4th rounder.

I can see the logic in not re-signing Peters and not re-signing Clements. But to get nothing in return and create a hole in your roster is just bad business. If the Bills weren't planning to pay Peters top dollar, they should have drafted Ryan Clady last year instead of McKelvin. If the Bills weren't going to pay Clements top dollar, they should have traded him in exchange for a first or second round pick.

... and who do you think is responsible for mismanaging a franchise that hasn't sniffed the playoffs since the Clinton administration?

If this team continues to lose, revenue growth will be tough to come by, necessitating that the team look elsewhere for funds. That they are considering giving up yet another home game is pretty telling.

For 50 years, this team has been run solely at the whim of one man. Its W/L and playoff history are an indication of the priorities that man has set and the people he's hired.

To think that suddenly he's going to change the way he operates the franchise in his 90th year because he's afraid that the team won't be competitive anymore, is laughable at best. PT Barnum would have loved you.

For 50 years, this team has been run solely at the whim of one man. Its W/L and playoff history are an indication of the priorities that man has set and the people he's hired.

To think that suddenly he's going to change the way he operates the franchise in his 90th year because he's afraid that the team won't be competitive anymore, is laughable at best. PT Barnum would have loved you.

Ralph isn't going to move the team. That's a lot of extra work. Besides, he knows there are enough PT Barnum types to fill a decent percentage of the big top. He's evolved from pimping OJ to pimping TO.

On the other hand, Ralph isn't going to be around forever. [unless that pact with the devil is true. :)]

To think that Ralph is solely to blame for the franchise's ineptitude is laughable at best. It was his lieutenants who paid big money to mediocre players like Kelsay, Dockery, and Walker... money that would be better suited to upper echelon players like Peters. The money is available... it simply has not been spent wisely, which is why the Bills haven't sniffed the playoffs in 10 years.

To think that Ralph is solely to blame for the franchise's ineptitude is laughable at best. It was his lieutenants who paid big money to mediocre players like Kelsay, Dockery, and Walker... money that would be better suited to upper echelon players like Peters. The money is available... it simply has not been spent wisely, which is why the Bills haven't sniffed the playoffs in 10 years.

Must be nice to live in a delusional world. Of course money is available. Money was always available in Ralph Wilson's world. But only Ralph Wilson decides how and on whom he spends HIS money. Only Ralph Wilson decides the fate of his franchise.

You may pretend that his lieutenants control the spending, but you would figure that a 50-year history would prove that the lieutenants are nothing more than the public whipping boys for a rich man's plaything. Apparently not.