Peters reaches terms

The way I read, that, he's making $53 million above what he would have received from his current contract. I have to assume there's a nice signing bonus involved and the new deal is front-loaded, so no, I doubt he'll still be working for $3.5 million this year, or whatever he was slated to get.

Ya, that would make a lot more sense. But the way it read was $53 Million for the 4 year extension. But, I'm sure you're right.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate to say this, but if the Bills have a very poor season this year, then they will be picking in the top five in the draft next year and will sign that pick to a contract similar in dollars to the one agreed to by Peters.

:D

And, yeah, Andy Reid clearly knows nothing about football. :wallbash:

:D

And, yeah, Andy Reid clearly knows nothing about football. :wallbash:

I'm sure the fact he has an elite QB has nothign to do with his success either.

And in big spots, Reid makes an awful lot of Jauron-like decisions. If he was the Bilsl coach, we'd try to run him out of town just like the Eagles fans do. Fact.

Let that thought sink in for a while ... and then realize that he was never, ever going to get that deal in Buffalo. The days of giving Jim Kelly or Bruce Smith or Ted Washington the "highest-paid" title are long gone.

Nope. We prefer to sneak up on the salary cap minimum slow and easy like crawling through a minefield.

Tim or Lori,

I heard Marcellus Wiley say that he talked to one of the locker room leaders on the Bills that basically said that Peters was holding the team hostage with his contract talks and holdout threats. It sounded to me like the team was starting to get fed up with Peters over this whole thing. Have either one of you heard anything similar to this?

Whoa, now. I'm flattered by that question, Kevin, but Tim's the one who actually covers the team. I just write about 'em from time to time.

It is an interesting question, though. Wouldn't mind knowing the answer to that one myself.

So if its true the Bills were offering nearly 10 Million, is it safe to say Peters did not want to play for Buffalo anymore?

The report of the Bills offering $9.75 mill was discredited. No legit source was ever found.

Why didn't we offer $10 mill/year and find out whether he wanted to play for us? It was, and is, his market value.

The report of the Bills offering $9.75 mill was discredited. No legit source was ever found.

Why didn't we offer $10 mill/year and find out whether he wanted to play for us? It was, and is, his market value.

You want 10. The team says 8.5. So, you hang up the phone, refuse to talk to anyone, and wait. Sounds fairly obvious to me that he wanted out. The only other option is the $25mill in guaranteed cash. Maybe the Bills wanted that to be in the $15ish range and that was what made them hang up the phone. Don't really know. But, on the surface, it just seems like it was over between the two.

Whoa, now. I'm flattered by that question, Kevin, but Tim's the one who actually covers the team. I just write about 'em from time to time.

It is an interesting question, though. Wouldn't mind knowing the answer to that one myself.

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH, ok...... You still know more about the team than I do hahahaha. I am really pumped up about this trade. I was dreading having Peters unsigned going into the season again. When Marcellus made that comment that made me perk up. I don't know how reliable Marcellus is, but it was certainly an interesting comment.

As I read all these posts here, it seems painfully obvious that most are just trying to make themselves feel better about this "trade" (I use the word loosely) that just doomed our team.

You guys can say JP has no brains, that he'll get lazy in two years (really?), get arrested, or other such laughable comments but the truth is he is one of the best LTs in the game. He's played the position for what, 3 years? 2 years form now he won't be arrested or quit on his team, he'll be THAT much better and the pre-eminent LT in the league (oh wait, everyone outside Buffalo thinks he's pretty much there right now).

What did we get in return? The 28th pick? Seriously? This is one of the biggest ripoffs of the decade IMHO and time will bear this out. The failure to pay JP what he was worth casts a negative pall over the future of this franchise.

Philly = winners playing to win

Buffalo = playing to save a buck (or two)

I don't know about you guys, but this was a TERRIBLE move by the Bills FO. Absolutely terrible.

So if its true the Bills were offering nearly 10 Million, is it safe to say Peters did not want to play for Buffalo anymore?

It sure as hell looks like that.

That's the feeling I've had since He started this sitting at Home thing last year...I felt all along Peters simply did not want to play in Buffalo any more... :D

I guess I had that sick feeling deep in the pit of my stomach but I didn't want to admit it too.

I really hope Brandon knows what he's doing. He certainly isn't lacking balls. Let's hope he has brains too.

I don't know too much about the brains and balls thing but I do know that he has a backbone.

Well that's a lot of money for a guy who is willing to hold out on his team until the start of the season while under contract for 3 more years despite the fact that that team developed him into the player he became (for one year).

!@#$ing A-right, you can say that again.

Now, I was at work and just got a chance to look over this board. I haven't read anything from anywhere else. I'm just reading this thread mostly and some titles on the front page but I want to say something now that this mess is over with.

!@#$ JASON PETERS! He doesn't want to play in Buffalo??!! Good, get the !@#$ out of here. Go play for that fat piece of sh-- Andy Reid, you both deserve each other. When no one wanted Peters, we signed him. We put him at RT and paid him good and paid him fast. This piece of sh-- is a !@#$ing weirdo who is all about himself and didn't give two sh!ts about !@#$ing up our season last year.

He can go !@#$ himself for all I care. What happen to signing a contract and honoring it??? Oh, I know, he deserves more for the position switch. Fine, I don't have a problem with that. The problem I have is the way that he went about it. He doesn't want to play in Buffalo. Why, we're not good enough for him? Screw you, get the !@#$ out of here. And all you whiny bitches, what, are you stupid??? You want to cry because we traded him? You should be celebrating and pissed off at the same time! Be joyous that this selfish piece of sh-- is gone and be pissed that for over a year he could give a sh-- about you, his teammates and this organization. He did nothing but sabotaged this team and our season. Beat it!

I like this Brandon more and more as time goes on! He's more like Polian than what he gets credit for. The guy rolled up his sleeves and went toe to toe with this malcontent piece of sh-- and it looks like not only did he send a message loud and clear but he also is not going to put up with all these either overpaid players or the underachievers. He is ALL about Buffalo and ALL about us! Don't badmouth this guy, embrace him!

I could go on and on right now because I got this cold anger but I won't. The fans of this organization need to get their heads out of their @$$e$ and get in line. Quit second guessing every freaking thing that Brandon is doing. He's taking charge and not backing up an inch. Before anyone starts with that "oh we haven't been to the play-offs and we keep on replacing our guys" sh--, let me just state the obvious. This is Brandon's first season and opportunity to take charge and be accountable and THAT'S exactly what he is doing. I don't loathe him, I applaud him.

Now go ahead and blast me and say all the nasty sh-- to me and about me but enough is enough. This guy and team is finally taking shape and setting down the law and I love it!

I'm not going to get into the whole "was he or wasn't he that great" debate, I'll only go off what the GM's say which was that he was an amazing player. With that being said, this is crap that he signed for only 10 million a year with the Eagle. If we were offering around 9, you are telling me that we let a premier LT go over a million bucks difference? I'm sorry, but there has to be more to this. I have to think that either Peters didn't want to be here anymore or the Bills were just done with him. If not, our FO is just as inept as I am starting to believe them to be.

Once again, I'm basing this off of what our FO says about his talent. I still think he's an A-Hole for trying to re-work a deal with three years left, and then again with two. Definitely a ME-ME-ME player who has to gratitude to a team that created his career.

It sure as hell looks like that.

I guess I had that sick feeling deep in the pit of my stomach but I didn't want to admit too.

I don't know too much about the brains and balls thing but I do know that he has has a backbone.

!@#$ing A-right, you can say that again.

Now, I was at work and just got a chance to look over this board. I haven't read anything from anywhere else. I'm just reading this thread mostly and some titles on the front page but I want to say something now that this mess is over with.

!@#$ JASON PETERS! He doesn't want to play in Buffalo??!! Good, get the !@#$ out of here. Go play for that fat piece of sh-- Andy Reid, you both deserve each other. When no one wanted Peters, we signed him. We put him at RT and paid him good and paid him fast. This piece of sh-- is a !@#$ing weirdo who is all about himself and didn't give two sh!ts about !@#$ing up our season last year.

He can go !@#$ himself for all I care. What happen to signing a contract and honoring it??? Oh, I know, he deserves more for the position switch. Fine, I don't have a problem with that. The problem I have is the way that he went about it. He doesn't want to play in Buffalo. Why, we're not good enough for him? Screw you, get the !@#$ out of here. And all you whiny bitches, what, are you stupid??? You want to cry because we traded him? You should be celebrating and pissed off at the same time! Be joyous that this selfish piece of sh-- is gone and be pissed that for over a year he could give a sh-- about you, his teammates and this organization. He did nothing but sabotaged this team and our season. Beat it!

I like this Brandon more and more as time goes on! He's more like Polian than what he gets credit for. The guy rolled up his sleeves and went toe to toe with this malcontent piece of sh-- and it looks like not only did he send a message loud and clear but he also not going to put up with these either overpaid players or the underachievers. He is ALL about Buffalo and ALL about us! Don't badmouth this guy, embrace him!

I could go on and on right because I got this cold anger but I won't. The fans of this organization need to get their heads out of their @$$e$ and get in line. Quit second guessing every freaking thing that brandon is doing. He's taking charge and not backing up an inch. Before anyone starts with that "oh we haven't been to the play-offs and we keep on replacing our guys" sh--, let me just state the obvious. This is Brandon's first season and opportunity to take charge and be accountable and THAT'S exactly what he is doing. I don't loathe him, I applaud him.

Now go ahead and blast me and say all the nasty sh-- to me and about me but enough is enough. This guy and team is finally taking shape and setting down the law and I love it!

First off, you suck. You posted almost the exact same feelings I had on this whole thing while I was typing mine out.

Second, I'm tired of being on the same page as you in most of the threads. I want to be angry by myself at the world. :D

First off, you suck. You posted almost the exact same feelings I had on this whole thing while I was typing mine out.

Second, I'm tired of being on the same page as you in most of the threads. I want to be angry by myself at the world. :D

No, you were nowhere near as angry as Tipster.

Now that's more like it. :D

When I read Tipster's post, I thought of this.

LOL! That's great and not too off the mark except that there wasn't enough blue language in it. Do you want to hear something funny? I actually ended my rant with a hallelujah but decided against it and erased it just before I hit the "add reply" button.

LOL! That's great and not too off the mark except that there wasn't enough blue language in it. Do you want to hear something funny? I actually ended my rant with a hallelujah but decided against it and erased it just before I hit the "add reply" button.

When I first heard about the trade I thought that we should have gotten more for Peters. But I'm starting to feel better about it. I was surprised both times that Peters was selected to the Pro Bowl and he did finish the last two seasons with injuries, so perhaps Philly is taking the risk with a $60 mil. contract. I don't like the idea of having to replace the whole left side of the line though. When we let Dockery go, I though the Bills had a line on a top FA like Birk. However, letting him go just to save money, was the wrong move.