Peters reaches terms

Not only do we lose our most elite player at the 2nd most critical position in football, but we send the message ringing loud and clear to the rest of the league: if you are top tier talent, STAY AWAY FROM BUFFALO, because you WILL NOT GET PAID. The ramifications of this brainless trade are unimaginable. You !@#$ing tools sit there are spout your nonsense about drafting a replacement, but even *if* we happen to beat the incredibly long odds and find a pro-bowl caliber player with the 28th pick, its a moot point because we all already KNOW that the Bills will NOT PAY HIM and he will go to another team that will as soon as he reaches that level. I wouldn't be such a fool as to post my support of this deal anywhere on the internet, because you couldn't possibly look more stupid if you had it tattooed across your forehead....

What makes you rooster-spasms think that the Bills are going to pay anybody what the LT position is worth? If we had got both the Eagles first round picks we would have been on the losing end of the trade...now we are just a laughing stock. God I'd love to pound every one of your whiny, incompetent, front office blowing asses into oblivion. But alas, since this is the internet, I'll have to settle for repeatedly pointing out how !@#$ing stupid you are.

:D on making new friends.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only do we lose our most elite player at the 2nd most critical position in football, but we send the message ringing loud and clear to the rest of the league: if you are top tier talent, STAY AWAY FROM BUFFALO, because you WILL NOT GET PAID. The ramifications of this brainless trade are unimaginable. You !@#$ing tools sit there are spout your nonsense about drafting a replacement, but even *if* we happen to beat the incredibly long odds and find a pro-bowl caliber player with the 28th pick, its a moot point because we all already KNOW that the Bills will NOT PAY HIM and he will go to another team that will as soon as he reaches that level. I wouldn't be such a fool as to post my support of this deal anywhere on the internet, because you couldn't possibly look more stupid if you had it tattooed across your forehead....

What makes you rooster-spasms think that the Bills are going to pay anybody what the LT position is worth? If we had got both the Eagles first round picks we would have been on the losing end of the trade...now we are just a laughing stock. God I'd love to pound every one of your whiny, incompetent, front office blowing asses into oblivion. But alas, since this is the internet, I'll have to settle for repeatedly pointing out how !@#$ing stupid you are.

I don't like the Peters deal, because it does indeed show the Bills are stubborn and unwilling to go above and beyond. They'll pay players, but the process is lengthy. Schobel's deal evidently was negotiated from March to September 07 (or August).

Evans went deep into the season before his deal was hammered out. The big contracts take forever, and even though I understand you don't fork over millions in a few hours, when it takes 6 or 7 months, something is just strange.

And here we have the Eagles who make a trade and give the guy a giant contract-all in about one day.

This tells me a lot about Bills management. They're slow at the draw and remain pennywise and poundfoolish. If more darn Bills fans started paying attention to other teams in the league, especially the successful ones, they'd know that Buffalo does things very much different.

I don't like the Peters deal, because it does indeed show the Bills are stubborn and unwilling to go above and beyond. They'll pay players, but the process is lengthy. Schobel's deal evidently was negotiated from March to September 07 (or August).

Evans went deep into the season before his deal was hammered out. The big contracts take forever, and even though I understand you don't fork over millions in a few hours, when it takes 6 or 7 months, something is just strange.

And here we have the Eagles who make a trade and give the guy a giant contract-all in about one day.

This tells me a lot about Bills management. They're slow at the draw and remain pennywise and poundfoolish. If more darn Bills fans started paying attention to other teams in the league, especially the successful ones, they'd know that Buffalo does things very much different.

We gave Terrell Owens a contract within 2 hours of meeting him.

Thats how those FA/Trade deals work, with your own players teams tend to take more time in drawing up the contracts.

Great, send us a card from the land of Angels and Lollipops. Those of us mired in that sticky thing called reality know that the odds of finding a Jason Peters with the first pick, the second, or 30 picks is vanishingly small. It's a lightning strike. Not a bright idea to build your future around it.

In my book, two pro bowl worthy seasins (2006 and 2007) and another solid year given the practice time he missed, proved Peter's worth several times over. Philly, who has been to the playoffs a heckuva a lot more frequently than us, knows what he is worth. So, while some fans loose sleep over whether this guy or that guy is under or over paid, the rest of us, those who care most about winning rather than perceived pay equality, are looking at a season where we will be lucky to rise to our usual level of mediocrity.

I am still waiting for all those who driveled on and on about Parker being a terrible agent and Peters being a moron for not firing him to stand up and take responsibility for those opinions now that Parker and Peters got out of a bad deal 2 years early (so much for the "bills have him by the balls" theory) and is now the highest paid OT in NFL history and playing for a team that actually wins rather than one whose head coach will be fired by week 5, 6 at the latest.

agree with everything except about Dick.

No way he gets fired in 2009

He's here for the duration-

and the Bills just stamped his "get out of jail free" card with their personnel moves-

1. giving away Peters & Dockery

2. alienating Jackson

3.trading Parrish for a 5th rounder.

It's tough to win in the NFL :D

agree with everything except about Dick.

No way he gets fired in 2009

He's here for the duration-

and the Bills just stamped his "get out of jail free" card with their personnel moves-

1. giving away Peters & Dockery

2. alienating Jackson

3.trading Parrish for a 5th rounder.

It's tough to win in the NFL :D

"The AFC East is a tough division and we just don't have the players to be on top right now..."

So following the current Bills logic we should just trade Lee Evans and Leodis McKelvin for a couple of low first-second rounders. Why even bother paying any veterans? Since we can replace any position with elite next level talent via the draft, there is no sense in paying anybody top $$. In fact we should just trade anybody on our team making more than 4 million for draft picks and fill out our roster on draft day.

I hope the Eagles win it all and JP makes 6 more pro bowls in his career. You brainless anti-Peters idiots deserve to root for a losing team. Congratulations for letting the Bills FO convince you that this is a prudent move, like a bunch of unthinking marionettes. You people make me !@#$ing sick.

thank you

Bills fan are facilitating the madness at OBD

Stupid is as stupid does

We gave Terrell Owens a contract within 2 hours of meeting him.

Thats how those FA/Trade deals work, with your own players teams tend to take more time in drawing up the contracts.

in bizzaro Bills world, they delay with the hope of a serious injury destroys market value before the deal is done.

I really hate to say this, but if the Bills have a very poor season this year, then they will be picking in the top five in the draft next year and will sign that pick to a contract similar in dollars to the one agreed to by Peters.

What has Peters got do do with the Bills finishing in the top five next year... :D

Tim or Lori,

I heard Marcellus Wiley say that he talked to one of the locker room leaders on the Bills that basically said that Peters was holding the team hostage with his contract talks and holdout threats. It sounded to me like the team was starting to get fed up with Peters over this whole thing. Have either one of you heard anything similar to this?

That is what Wiley said on ESPN Radio last night....Tim Hasselbeck (Our former 3rd string QB) who was also on the show was shocked that the Bills are trading away their best player Peters.

And yet, the open question remains...is he the second or third best OT in the game? That's something I don't feel the Bills were convinced of.

But, because all contracts aren't signed in the same year, that is a normal process in the NFL. He may not be the top three, but he is certainly in the top 5 or 10, and by the time those other LTs sign their next contract, they will be making Peters money, some probably more. Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe is likely to get a top 5 LT contract, and they have yet to play a game in the NFL. You have to think ahead, when looking at these deals.

That is what Wiley said on ESPN Radio last night....Tim Hasselbeck (Our former 3rd string QB) who was also on the show was shocked that the Bills are trading away their best player Peters.

It continues the Bills front office mentality that the NFL game today is just like college and a team has to replace its entire roster every 4 years or less.

This theory is deeply incorrect though, because unlike college the good players don't leave and pass into history; they leave and join your rivals and participate in maintaining your status as a doormat franchise.

Thanks, TD.

Peters oue best player? Come on....there were three LTs in our division better than him!!! He was the worst LT in our division/AFC East. He sure shut down J Porter last year. He is a good LT. NOT a great LT. You can get the same production out of a guy and pay him 3M per year. Giving up the MOST sacks out of any LT in the game is pretty worrisome and certainly NOT worth 12M per year. Use it to pay other guys and get a lot more bang for the buck. Denver had a rookie LT greatly outplay Peters last year. He was good in '07 and fair to poor in '08.

Is Lynch the best RB in the league b/c he was the leading rusher in the Pro Bowl? Come on people, Pro Bowl does not mmean much of anything anymore except for agents.

you've got issues...

Guest dog14787

In case you didn't notice Jason Peters showed zero loyalty to the team. Instead of taking a Mil less and stay here on a team with a young QB that desperately needs him he goes elsewhere. I don't give a damn how good he thinks he is or anybody else thinks he is he's not the kind of guy I want protecting my QB's blind side. Some players just don't get it, the money they are so greedy to take, also takes away from the team they play on, Peters realizes we are a smaller market, you think he even cares?

F%$k Jason Peters, its not the end of the world, get over it already geeesh :D

The Bills are so proud of this trade that bb.com is referring to the compensation as "three undisclosed draft picks."

In case you haven't been paying attention over the years, the Bills never release trade information. It always comes out from other sources.

In case you didn't notice Jason Peters showed zero loyalty to the team. Instead of taking a Mil less and stay here on a team with a young QB that desperately needs him he goes elsewhere. I don't give a damn how good he thinks he is or anybody else thinks he is he's not the kind of guy I want protecting my QB's blind side. Some players just don't get it, the money they are so greedy to take, also takes away from the team they play on, Peters realizes we are a smaller market, you think he gives a damn?

F%$k Jason Peters, its not the end of the world, get over it already geeesh :D

Come on, Jason plays to get to Hawaii! Sacks be damned!