Peters reaches terms

Somebody could clear this up for me maybe...did they really give him 4 years $53M? Thats over $13M a year. The reports were that he wanted around 11.5...

No, that was the extension part of the deal. It ends up being 6 years $60 Million, at $10 Million a season average. This tells me he didn't want to be here.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case you haven't been paying attention over the years, the Bills never release trade information. It always comes out from other sources.

\

Nice spin. We traded our starting offensive left tackle in perhaps the most important trade in recent memory with the draft a week away and a fan base and the media questioning the trade and they refer to the comp as undisclosed picks.

In case you didn't notice Jason Peters showed zero loyalty to the team. Instead of taking a Mil less and stay here on a team with a young QB that desperately needs him he goes elsewhere.

Um...duh! Did you type that with a straight face? (BTW, it was closer to 2 mil less...PER YEAR)

Guest dog14787
Um...duh! Did you type that with a straight face? (BTW, it was closer to 2 mil less...PER YEAR)

I didn't even no the exact figures to be honest, and if we split the gap to reach a deal, 1 mil but it didn't matter because Peters wasn't going to take it anyway was he? yes Dean for the sake of argument you are right.

No, that was the extension part of the deal. It ends up being 6 years $60 Million, at $10 Million a season average. This tells me he didn't want to be here.

As I understand it, he's playing out the next two years on his current Bills-given contract, then gets $53 million over the next 4 years. So for 4 years, he'll average $13 million. Am I mistaken?

I didn't even no the exact figures to be honest, and if we split the gap to reach a deal, 1 mil but it didn't matter because Peters wasn't going to take it anyway was he? yes Dean for the sake of argument you are right.

No...I think you should continue to post how horrible it is that Peters didn't take millions less ($6? $12?) to play for the Bills. What a prick! :D

As I understand it, he's playing out the next two years on his current Bills-given contract, then gets $53 million over the next 4 years. So for 4 years, he'll average $13 million. Am I mistaken?

I think you are mistaken. I took Lori's point to show the real difference between what Peters would make under his current contract, and what he is making now.

I think you are mistaken. I took Lori's point to show the real difference between what Peters would make under his current contract, and what he is making now.

This has me a bit confused. If its truly just a 6 year $60M deal, how is he "the highest paid offensive lineman in NFL history," as Mr. Graham has said? Jake Long signed for more than $10M/year. Surely he couldn't have meant total dollars...that means bupkus in today's NFL.

Nice spin. We traded our starting offensive left tackle in perhaps the most important trade in recent memory with the draft a week away and a fan base and the media questioning the trade and they refer to the comp as undisclosed picks.

There's absolutely no spin to this. The Bills never have released information regarding trades and contracts. The money numbers for contracts and trade parameters always come from another source. This isn't spin. Its how the Bills have operated for years.

This has me a bit confused. If its truly just a 6 year $60M deal, how is he "the highest paid offensive lineman in NFL history," as Mr. Graham has said? Jake Long signed for more than $10M/year. Surely he couldn't have meant total dollars...that means bupkus in today's NFL.

I'm not disputing your claim, but I don't remember seeing a post from Tim that suggests that. I just looked though a few threads and couldn't find it, a search for that quote from Tim, didn't produce anything useful, either. Just this"

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1364301

But, that is from March 24th and isn't in reference to this deal.

If you come across it, please link it back.

Guest dog14787
No...I think you should continue to post how horrible it is that Peters didn't take millions less ($6? $12?) to play for the Bills. What a prick! :wallbash:

I try to treat folks with respect on this board including you. Making the correction is one thing, but treating me like a dumb ass is another.

So now what? we are comparing what he was currently making ($6 $12) to prove a point?

In my opinion the Bills FO would have gone 10, 10.5 to make a deal, but realized Jason Peters wanted out of Buffalo.

Its done with, get over it.

That's the feeling I've had since He started this sitting at Home thing last year...I felt all along Peters simply did not want to play in Buffalo any more... :wallbash:

Probably not. Why would he? Playing for a losing head coach and for way under market value. He probably looked around the locker room, assessed the whole situation and decided he wanted to play for a winner now. More money in Buffalo would only solve half of his problem. To me he looks like a smart guy.

I try to treat folks with respect on this board including you. Making the correction is one thing, but treating me like a dumb ass is another.

So now what? we are comparing what he was currently making ($6 $12) to prove a point?

In my opinion the Bills FO would have gone 10, 10.5 to make a deal, but realized Jason Peters wanted out of Buffalo.

Its done with, get over it.

The Bills offered $8, from what we know. Anything else is wishing and hoping. I thought they might go $10, too...they didn't. Peters is making about $2 mil more/per year, than the Bills best offer (from what he know based on good sources). We don't know what the Bills were offering in guaranteed money. But, assuming the terms were similar, the contract with Philly is worth about $12 million more than what the Bills were offering. ($2 million per year over six years.)

Now, I think we both suspect that money wasn't the only factor here...fair enough. But bashing Peters for signing with Philly and not accepting "a Mil less and stay here" is both wrong and stupid, IMO. I expect better from you.

We don't know what the Bills offered Deano. Most reports had it at $9M+/year.

I agree we don't know, but I have found no credible report of anything over $8. Supply the links, if you got em.

I agree we don't know, but I have found no credible report of anything over $8. Supply the links, if you got em.

the most I saw substantiated was their open and only disclosed offer - $7.5 mil / yr

any higher number is just a fabrication from the Brandson spin machine

That is what Wiley said on ESPN Radio last night....Tim Hasselbeck (Our former 3rd string QB) who was also on the show was shocked that the Bills are trading away their best player Peters.

Tim H. made some good points about character issues that Peters had and TO. What I took from Wileys comments though is that the locker room was getting pissed at Peters. It leads me to believe that if the Bills didn't trade Peters, held their ground (which they would have done on both sides) with Peters holding out again, only to come back mid season this time instead of week 1 this team would have been even worse off. That would mean that next season Peters stock will have fallen and the Bills would be stuck with basically nothing in return.

I read a comment earlier from someone comparing Peters to a house that got flipped. He was undrafted, and we got a first, fourth, and sixth next year for him.

Now we don't have to worry about a holdout. The Bills can make their moves before the season starts in regards to OL. The players can have the entire training camp to adjust. How are the Bills not better off?

Guest dog14787
The Bills offered $8, from what we know. Anything else is wishing and hoping. I thought they might go $10, too...they didn't. Peters is making about $2 mil more/per year, than the Bills best offer (from what he know based on good sources). We don't know what the Bills were offering in guaranteed money. But, assuming the terms were similar, the contract with Philly is worth about $12 million more than what the Bills were offering. ($2 million per year over six years.)

Now, I think we both suspect that money wasn't the only factor here...fair enough. But bashing Peters for signing with Philly and not accepting "a Mil less and stay here" is both wrong and stupid, IMO. I expect better from you.

So now I'm both wrong and stupid,

I'm bashing Jason Peters for showing zero loyalty to his team and a young QB that needed him and it seems stupid to me that someone couldn't gather as much from my post. I expect better from you.