Rotoworld reports that JP Losman has received no known

Are you crazy Rob Johnson needed a wall for an offensive line all JP needs is to be in an non-conservative offense if he was our QB this year he would be top 5 in the NFL. If he lands somewhere that he can compete for a starting job in a high powered offence you will see but because of the Bills he may not get that chance. You need to look at his numbers for passes greater than 20 yards. Maybe someday you will know what your talking about and you people will actually make sense. I can't stand reading all the garbage on these pages. Once in a while I see someone that might know what they are talking about but most of you sound like 12 year olds trying to talk football.

OK - this is an extreme view, but the man may have one point that I agree with - JP could possibly have done better (NOT top 5 mind you, but a quality starter) on a team that had two strong WR's and a stout OL to allow time for longer passes. JP could toss a nice long ball when allowed time - you gotta give him that. Even before I read this post, I was thinking to myself that if JP could sign with Denver as a #2, then maybe get a chance to show his stuff at some point if #1 goes down, he could probably do well. No defense, no real running game, but a great OL and he could put up long balls all day to Marshall (when he isn't suspended), Royal, Scheffler & company. With Orton and Simms, that's never going to happen, but that would've been fun to watch!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losman never had the mental makeup to be an NFL QB. It was obvious when he looked like a pop warner QB at the end of the New England game his rookie year. It is dis-concerting that the guy responsible for college scouting who made huge misses on headcases like Mike Williams and Losman is still in charge.

This works better. :P

Let's fire Donahoe but keep his college scouting minon, and even worse, he's still here! ;):lol:

JP is incredibly gifted as an athlete. He just doesn't have the football smarts/IQ. He couldn't read/breakdown an NFL defense. He just couldn't put it together on the field. It's a shame, really.

I agree

I was routing for the kid to put it together

And the Bills gave him EVERY opportunity to do just that but it just didn't work out.

Still as much as I wanted to choke him after the Jets game , I hope he gets another chance someplace else.

Id like to see him go to the Raiders, Al Davis likes QBs that can throw the ball long.

Maybe after the draft or during training camp after somebody gets hurt he will get a roster spot

I feel bad for the guy but im glad hes not coming back

This report, if indeed true, is likely to change. I never thought that JP was very good, but I do think that he is NFL worthy. Hey, Rob Johnson was given a shot by 3 teams after the Bills as I recall (Bucs, Redskins and Giants).

Imo, JP could perform as a capable backup qb on a very good team. He would probably have to start from ground zero in terms of learning the position. Good or no good, he was certainly not done many favors in terms of his career development from day 1.

Capable of what? He doesnt do anything good, and does most things bad...

The long bomb stuff is more legend than reality. And for a great athlete, he certainly wasn't much of a scrambler--he took a billion sacks.

What does that leave him with that is unique?

The biggest disservice done to this guy was making him a first round QB. He never gave the impression that he was a student of the game (a serious studier of film, etc.), he believed he had the near-magical powers that scouts, Bills FO and some suckers here told him he possessed. He seemed to learn nothing from his mistakes. He could not view himself as a backup and pouted whenever he was benched (totally uninvolved in games in which he wasn't playing last year). He never credibly took blame for his poor performances, often implying it wasn't his fault.

Yep, a great teammate. We will miss him.

Where are all those posters that were hoping JP would go to another team and come back to kick our ass? C'mon, you know who you are. "I hope the Jets don't sign him, waah."

GO BILLS!!!

Losman never learned how to read an NFL defense. Any guess what everyone in the NFL knows that too. Thats why he has no job now. And will probably stay unemployed till the injury bug hits a team bad, and he is a desperation move. This also answers some questions about whether it was coaching or him.

The long bomb stuff is more legend than reality. And for a great athlete, he certainly wasn't much of a scrambler--he took a billion sacks.

What does that leave him with that is unique?

The biggest disservice done to this guy was making him a first round QB. He never gave the impression that he was a student of the game (a serious studier of film, etc.), he believed he had the near-magical powers that scouts, Bills FO and some suckers here told him he possessed. He seemed to learn nothing from his mistakes. He could not view himself as a backup and pouted whenever he was benched (totally uninvolved in games in which he wasn't playing last year). He never credibly took blame for his poor performances, often implying it wasn't his fault.

Yep, a great teammate. We will miss him.

He took a billion sacks because of awesome lineman like Jason Peters and Derrick Dockery protecting him.

Then Losman should re-pay his salary for that year. A professional athlete making 7 figures should not look like that no matter what the situation is.

Why should he do that when Jason Peters looked just as bad, if not worse, and he is asking to be the highest paid LT in the NFL, maybe he should give some or all of his salary back too.

Gonna have to disagree. There's a difference between "not being much of a scrambler" with having horrible pocket presence and not knowing when to get rid of the ball.

He took a billion sacks because of awesome lineman like Jason Peters and Derrick Dockery protecting him.

Seriously??? you criticizing a 2 time pro bowler to defend JP Losman??? :devil: No offense but that may be one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen here and that's saying something.

Additionally, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those "awesome" linemen set a franchise record for fewest sacks allowed in a season. But you're right. Losman is awesome and everything else was wrong but him. By any chance are you also a Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, or Joey Harrington fan too?

The worst thing for JP this past year was Trent going down with an injury. JP actually had to play and gave teams more reason not to take him. He has had plenty of opportunity to show he could play....and he just hasn't. Nice guy who just could not cut it. But don't feel too bad for him as he actually made millions of dollars in just a few years.

The worst thing for JP this past year was Trent going down with an injury. JP actually had to play and gave teams more reason not to take him. He has had plenty of opportunity to show he could play....and he just hasn't. Nice guy who just could not cut it. But don't feel too bad for him as he actually made millions of dollars in just a few years.

Yeah, I do think Losman is a good guy and if he still really wants to play, i do feel bad for him. But he got paid millions of dollars because he light up the powerhouses in Conference USA. Life could be worst.

This works better. ;)

Let's fire Donahoe but keep his college scouting minon, and even worse, he's still here! :nana::devil:

Well, to be fair, it was Sam Wyche that banged the drum for drafting JP. Recall that JP held his pre-draft workout on the same day and on the same field as Eli Manning. Wyche and a few other scouts came away from that workout believing that JP had superior physical skills. The book on JP at the time was that he was arguably the most physically gifted QB in the draft, but he was highly erratic and guilty of making some of the most idiotic plays at times. Five years later, the book hasn't changed. He's likely viewed as a coach killer around the league.

wrong, he took a billion sacks because he wasn't able to read through his progressions.

If the first option was open, he looked really good, once you take away that first option, he was hopeless....

That's what I thought....then Leftwich signed yesterday so not sure if that argument still holds water.

As reported Leftwich received no signing bonus and this could simply be an elaborate smoke screen before the draft, I'm hearing that the Buc's love Josh Freeman and will draft him if they can. Once they draft Freeman they can cut Leftwhich at any point and since they gave no signing bonus it costs them nothing.

JP Losman, Willis McGahee, and Mike Willliams were likely 3 big reasons why Donahoe lost his job.

Great arm, good athelete. No football brains whatsoever.

I was hoping the Jets would sign him.

Don't forget trading a 1st rounder to the defending SB champs that are in your division for their backup QB (don't get me wrong I was excited at the time but god how stupid does that look now) and hiring Gregg and MM.

God, he was horrible.

I agree

I was routing for the kid to put it together

And the Bills gave him EVERY opportunity to do just that but it just didn't work out.

Still as much as I wanted to choke him after the Jets game , I hope he gets another chance someplace else.

Id like to see him go to the Raiders, Al Davis likes QBs that can throw the ball long.

Maybe after the draft or during training camp after somebody gets hurt he will get a roster spot

I feel bad for the guy but im glad hes not coming back

In 05 JP was YOYOed in & out of the line up. In 06 he started & unlike Trent, played better at the end of the year. In 07 the offense was changed to suit Trent's strengths which are totally different than JP's & after being injured after 2 losses Trent was made the man. I would NOT call that being given every opportunity.