Peters to be traded by Friday

Don

We're getting Kyle Orton and Chicago's 1st & 3rd round picks in 2009, plus their 1st in 2010? :(

We just couldn't totally part ways with JP...we have to get his twin brother.

So if all these rumors are true---by the draft we will have:

Scheffler

Vick

Cutler

Kendall Simmons

LeCharles Bentley

2 first rounders 2010

A third to replace the third we give up for Scheffler

Plaxico Burress

Derrick Brooks

Freddie Keahio

An extra first rounder for 2010

All for giving up Peters.....I do that trade deep within every day of the week....Can you say Herschel Walker (the football player personality not the Apprentice personality).

Wooooooohoooooo Championship...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just couldn't totally part ways with JP...we have to get his twin brother.

So if all these rumors are true---by the draft we will have:

Scheffler

Vick

Cutler

Kendall Simmons

LeCharles Bentley

2 first rounders 2010

A third to replace the third we give up for Scheffler

Plaxico Burress

Derrick Brooks

Freddie Keahio

An extra first rounder for 2010

All for giving up Peters.....I do that trade deep within every day of the week....Can you say Herschel Walker (the football player personality not the Apprentice personality).

Wooooooohoooooo Championship...

Can we have Stallworth's Bentley too!

Just received a Yahoo IM from a source deeeeeeep within stating that Peters is to be dealt for similar to what the Broncos got for Cutler. This is from so deep that Dick himself is going to release a statement by weeks end prior to the deal explaining the terms

Or what? Put something on the line.. Sooo.. or what?

Don has a total of 58 posts, right now. Even if every one of them started a horrible, useless thread, he wouldn't be contributing as much garbage on this forum, as Skooby manages to contribute in a day, or two.

If you piss on my hedge once, late one night when you are very drunk, I probably let it go. You probably caused little harm.

When you make it your regular toilet, and stop by many times a day to empty your bladder on my hedge, and bring along a stupid toadie friend (maybe wearing a SABURZ cap) to take a leak, I'm going to get pissed. Now you are killing the hedge and showing total disrespect for the community.

If you throw cigarette butts on my parents lawn from your balcony I'll be nice the first time. If you continue to throw cigarette butts off your balcony onto my parents lawn I'll collect them and throw them on your floor as soon as you answer the door.

As far as I know, this is Don's first offense.

With that said, Don has shown classic idiot style, by posting what appears to be an obviously inflammatory "rumor", and then scurrying away, to watch the "fun" from the mess he started. Fortunately (or unfortunately), we've has experience with douchebags like that, far too often, so it's hard to get a rise out of us, these days.

Fixed! :thumbsup:

Did I just get called a minion by a SKOOBY apologist? Well, I never...!

For some reason I find that very easy to believe. :flirt:

I have a source deep within-oh nevermind, its gone, I farted!

Is that you Richard Gere?

Impossible that it would be for similar to Cutler. Because Peters thinks he is worth 12 million a year he has some fans in Buffalo believing other teams agree with Peter's assessment of himself. Also, although LT is clearly a crucial position on a team, top LT's are not traded for the same value as top or potential top younger QB's. If the Bills HAD to trade Peters and got a number one pick for him, even a low number one, I would consider it a great trade from the Bills point of view.

Expecting anything beyond that is ridiculous and will never happen.

A left tackle with Peters athletic ability is rare commodity. He had a bad year last year because he is a greedy cry baby, but he is possibly the best in the NFL. Cry baby and LT 1st 3rd and a player. minimum

Levi Jones owns a Bentley Veyron. He had when he was b*itching about how he wasn't being appreciated by the B'gals, how he wasn't getting his "props".

:thumbsup:

How, exactly, should the Bengals "appreciate" his car?

Wow, there's a blast from the past.

I remembered it because I learned not to :thumbsup: with you from that story. :(

Levi Jones owns a Bentley Veyron. He had when he was b*itching about how he wasn't being appreciated by the B'gals, how he wasn't getting his "props".

:flirt:

It's a Bugatti Veyron The most beautiful car ever designed IMO.

Costs $1 million to buy

Tim Graham until recently said that the Bills would be lucky to get a first for Peters. Now he says that NFL insiders have told him a first and third is reasonable. Thanks for providing the more recent information (since I was not up to date on that) and I am certainly willing to accept what Tim Graham feels is the case concerning Peters.

Personally, I hope we do get a first and third if we trade him. Although Peters is definitely a big talent, considering his injury issues the past two years I would still be pleasantly stunned if a first and third materialized for him.

For clarification ...

What I said was I personally don't think Peters is worth a first-round pick. I wouldn't want to be the team that trades for him and pays him -- a gamble based on his commitment issues. I said I would rather use my first-round pick (depending how high it was) to draft a tackle rather than send it to Buffalo for a potential dog.

I also recall saying it takes only one team to want him badly enough and that the Bills very well could get that much in return.

That said, I have learned more about what the market value is for Peters. I think a first-rounder gets the conversation started, but probably won't get the deal done.

For clarification ...

What I said was I personally don't think Peters is worth a first-round pick. I wouldn't want to be the team that trades for him and pays him -- a gamble based on his commitment issues. I said I would rather use my first-round pick (depending how high it was) to draft a tackle rather than send it to Buffalo for a potential dog.

I also recall saying it takes only one team to want him badly enough and that the Bills very well could get that much in return.

That said, I have learned more about what the market value is for Peters. I think a first-rounder gets the conversation started, but probably won't get the deal done.

If you HAD to guess, do you believe that the Bills, at the last minute of the self-imposed game of chicken before the draft, decide to offer six years for 60-65 mil and that Parker/Vincent/Peters agrees to it?

I do, but it's just one man's opinion.

If you HAD to guess, do you believe that the Bills, at the last minute of the self-imposed game of chicken before the draft, decide to offer six years for 60-65 mil and that Parker/Vincent/Peters agrees to it?

They may offer it but I do not think he will accept. I think Peters is gone - mentally now, and physically by the end of the first round of the draft.

This probably is too vague of an answer. I'm familiar with the market values and expectations, but I don't have a sense of how the Bills intend to play this out strategically. That information is too sensitive for anybody in the front office to share because it might, you know, end up in a Yahoo IM.

But what you theorize is possible. I'm not sure how likely, but it's possible.

They could. I am thinking that the deal with Stroud, because it is extended over 4 years, will not use a significant amount of cap space, but I don't reall understand the "cash to cap" thing, except that cutting Dockery was good for this.

Unless speculation is true that Peters demands a trade (something never at all confirmed), I still cannot even begin to understand the concept of wanting to trade him, but that's just me.

This probably is too vague of an answer. I'm familiar with the market values and expectations, but I don't have a sense of how the Bills intend to play this out strategically. That information is too sensitive for anybody in the front office to share because it might, you know, end up in a Yahoo IM.

But what you theorize is possible. I'm not sure how likely, but it's possible.

Tim--

I just IM'd you the trade parameters we have in place with the Patriots for Moss.

Did you get them?

Russ