Peters to be traded by Friday

Don

Just received a Yahoo IM from a source deeeeeeep within stating that Peters is to be dealt for similar to what the Broncos got for Cutler. This is from so deep that Dick himself is going to release a statement by weeks end prior to the deal explaining the terms

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impossible that it would be for similar to Cutler. Because Peters thinks he is worth 12 million a year he has some fans in Buffalo believing other teams agree with Peter's assessment of himself. Also, although LT is clearly a crucial position on a team, top LT's are not traded for the same value as top or potential top younger QB's. If the Bills HAD to trade Peters and got a number one pick for him, even a low number one, I would consider it a great trade from the Bills point of view.

Expecting anything beyond that is ridiculous and will never happen.

I want a 1st in 2009, pick in 2010, and a player for Jason Peters

This does not strike me as near to what we are giving up, If this is the deal then we are not only caving in to Peters (he wants a big contract in 09 and I do not see a team trading for him unless they are willing to sign him long term0 I mean why give up value to simply take on the the same threatened holdout and a pain in the butt),

For rewarding Peters and setting a precedent for Jackson and other contract issues that all you need to do is be a pain in the butt and the Bills will trade you to someone who will sign you, the Bills create a hole at LT that they most likely fill with a rookie or a journey man FA.

They basically are committing to guarding Edwards blindside with a rookie learning to be a vet or a substandard player, committing to go with this almost certainly lesser performing player in the one year we are guaranteed tp have TO in the passing game, and also with future picks being the prime value received in this trade we are putting ourselves on a timeline which may be beyond Ralph being around.

What would be our rationale for caving to Peters and giving him what he wants by trading him?

Impossible that it would be for similar to Cutler. Because Peters thinks he is worth 12 million a year he has some fans in Buffalo believing other teams agree with Peter's assessment of himself. Also, although LT is clearly a crucial position on a team, top LT's are not traded for the same value as top or potential top younger QB's. If the Bills HAD to trade Peters and got a number one pick for him, even a low number one, I would consider it a great trade from the Bills point of view.

Expecting anything beyond that is ridiculous and will never happen.

I know that I, personally, believe you over anybody else out there, experts, pundits, I hold you above them all. Certainly higher than Tim Graham who says that his sources in the league have him believing that somewhere around a first and a third is reasonable. I believe you, you know, because of all your inside knowledge.

Just like the OP. You both just know.

Just received a Yahoo IM from a source deeeeeeep within stating that Peters is to be dealt for similar to what the Broncos got for Cutler. This is from so deep that Dick himself is going to release a statement by weeks end prior to the deal explaining the terms

<_<

Id be happy with a high 1st round this year... Let him give up 12 sacks somewhere else this year..