Peters to be traded by Friday

Don

I know you know what it means. I just think it is a good phrase for saying Be a MAN, ACT like a MAN. A WOMAN can "Be responsible" & more women are responsible then men. Whatever.................I think "Whatever" & "it is what it is" are both lame........not that I never use them. :worthy:

Completely agree with you on "it is what it is."

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Peters to be traded by Friday." It is now Thursday. The clock is ticking, Don.

Thursday is supposed to be the day Jauron comes out and explains the very complex trade parameters. I'm hoping it's early in the day I don't want to be waiting that long! (I'm just so excited!!)

Obviously the Bills reward players who show up. He didn't. And that is a bad move by him and his agent.

You mean like when Schobel skipped the OTA's less than a year after he got a new contract making him the highest paid player on the team?

You mean like Owens who is skipping these practices as are a bunch of other players?

Do you really think that the team is going to make attendance at a non-mandatory weight lifting session in April the make or break issue in signing a two time pro bowler? If that attendance is so critical, why is the team negotiating and in fact, offering him a large raise when they still have him under contract and don't have to? Kind of looks like they are willing to reward this player if they can get him at the right price regardless of whether Peters shows up for any more OTA's than Owens does which won't be many.

Going to practice now would be like riding a motorcycle without a helmet in a rain storm on your way to the front office to sign the most important contract in your life. Yeah, what a moron that agent is.

Peters is more likely to pull a hammy running after the ice cream truck than at OTA's.

PTR

I seem to remember a farily highly drafted TE we all had high hopes for who blew out his knee at his first OTA after the draft, setting his career waaaay back. Same guy, you might recall, who years later broke his neck the year he was finally going to get his chance to shine.

Yeah, you're right, worrying about injuries in the NFL is silly, it just never happens does it?

I look forward to you posts calling for the team to cut every other player who is skipping these glorified weight lifting sessions. To do otherwise would indicate you have some sort of personal, jilted lover thing going exclusively for Peters and I know that can't be the case. Really, all personnel decsions should be based on emotions like that, on who we like and don't like. Chambers is such a nice boy, we should start him and dump that pro bowler.

The thing that bothered me the most about him this past season were his excuses after the games, "Well, I thoroughly dominated, except for that one (game changing) play." He would never man up.

Did it bother you that the coaches, you know, the guys whose jobs depend on him playing well, the same guys who pore over every scrap of film from every game, supported him?

You mean like when Schobel skipped the OTA's less than a year after he got a new contract making him the highest paid player on the team?

You mean like Owens who is skipping these practices as are a bunch of other players?

Do you really think that the team is going to make attendance at a non-mandatory weight lifting session in April the make or break issue in signing a two time pro bowler? If that attendance is so critical, why is the team negotiating and in fact, offering him a large raise when they still have him under contract and don't have to? Kind of looks like they are willing to reward this player if they can get him at the right price regardless of whether Peters shows up for any more OTA's than Owens does which won't be many.

Going to practice now would be like riding a motorcycle without a helmet in a rain storm on your way to the front office to sign the most important contract in your life. Yeah, what a moron that agent is.

First off, T.O. is in Buffalo and attending the voluntary offseason conditioning program. Schobel may have sat out, however the majority of the time players that show up get paid.

Do I think the Bills or any team will make their attendance in a voluntary program in April a deal breaker. No. With that being said Peters sat out last years training camp and most of the season and then comes back and his clearly not the "great" player he claims to be. Great team guy, great work ethic. Face it the guy is turning out to be a prima donna. Enough is enough, trade his butt while they can get something for him.

The funniest part of this whole mess is that if Peters had reported to training camp last year instead of going on a daily tour of Mighty Taco, KFC, Ted's, and Mickey D's, he'd probably have 25 million guaranteed on a 60 million dollar deal right now.

The funniest part of this whole mess is that if Peters had reported to training camp last year instead of going on a daily tour of Mighty Taco, KFC, Ted's, and Mickey D's, he'd probably have 25 million guaranteed on a 60 million dollar deal right now.

It's called the "Stupid Penalty" - comes from scoring a 6 on the Wonderlic, and being basically dead from the neck up.

Tim Graham until recently said that the Bills would be lucky to get a first for Peters. Now he says that NFL insiders have told him a first and third is reasonable. Thanks for providing the more recent information (since I was not up to date on that) and I am certainly willing to accept what Tim Graham feels is the case concerning Peters.

Personally, I hope we do get a first and third if we trade him. Although Peters is definitely a big talent, considering his injury issues the past two years I would still be pleasantly stunned if a first and third materialized for him.

screw graham. 3 weeks ago he said his sources said there is no way the bills could get a first for JP. this week he says a first and a third. the guy plays with himself and knows as much as any of us.

Thursday is supposed to be the day Jauron comes out and explains the very complex trade parameters. I'm hoping it's early in the day I don't want to be waiting that long! (I'm just so excited!!)

Yeah, extremely complex. I can only hope that I'm able to understand the parameters after they've been explained twenty or thirty times on the NFL network, with Thurston Howell III impressions.

I know I personally, would be shocked, shocked, to find out that the original post was a hoax, that it was just deeeeeeeeeep doo doo.

Just out of curiosity, and for the sake of historical accuracy, are you basing this on some sort of report (from an actual news source) that stated Peters was overweight when he reported last year?

From what I remember, the only item I saw was that he reported within a few pounds of his playing weight from 2007...

Ralph isn't dead?

Yes the team reported that Peters was in excellent physical shape when he came back to the Bills. This was obvious to all who saw him play. All the extra oxygen on the sidelines he was sucking up was to feed all that fast twitch muscle he added as a result of his "regular training at home" during his holdout.

Isn't this the same staff that reported that McCargo was "happy to be back" and "We are happy to have him" immediately after their failed attempt to dump him on the Colts?

Peters only 340 pounds? impossible.

Just out of curiosity, and for the sake of historical accuracy, are you basing this on some sort of report (from an actual news source) that stated Peters was overweight when he reported last year?

From what I remember, the only item I saw was that he reported within a few pounds of his playing weight from 2007...

My recollection is Dick even commented that he was in good shape, when he reported. I don't think the problem was Peters came in fat. I think the problem was Peters came in weak, and out of "football shape". I have to believe training camp and preseason would have made a huge difference in Peters' play.

Can we get a chocolate bunny for him?

A few posters here keep repeating that he is fat, lazy and dumb. That should be good enough for ya! :worthy: