Bell

So many guys on here are quick to dismiss Bell as a possible starter on next years Oline. However many of you guys are the same ones saying we cant loose Peters. Now i dont want to trade Peters really, but i also am very concerned about another hold out.

I think Bell could be ready to play LG or RT. I would say play him at RT this year and move Walker to LT. Walker seemed to do pretty good last year while Peters was missing the first few games. Let Bell play RT this year then move him to LT next year. I guess at the end of the day if the Bills tell me he is ready, then i will take there word on it. They just got done doing the same thing with Peters a few years ago. Maybe just maybe its why they drafted Bell last year. Knowing all along Peters was going to be a problem getting locked up to a new deal.

Bell had little playing time in college, he was seen as a very good athlete with very good footwork. Bell just needed to add some more strength and more knowledge of the position. Maybe he has done some of that this past year. Once again the coaches would know this a lot better then us. Your thoughts???

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible? Of course.

Is it likely that Bell will turn out to be as talented as Peters? No.

Should the Bills risk the success of the season on Bell developing, this soon? Hell no

So many guys on here are quick to dismiss Bell as a possible starter on next years Oline. However many of you guys are the same ones saying we cant loose Peters. Now i dont want to trade Peters really, but i also am very concerned about another hold out.

I think Bell could be ready to play LG or RT. I would say play him at RT this year and move Walker to LT. Walker seemed to do pretty good last year while Peters was missing the first few games. Let Bell play RT this year then move him to LT next year. I guess at the end of the day if the Bills tell me he is ready, then i will take there word on it. They just got done doing the same thing with Peters a few years ago. Maybe just maybe its why they drafted Bell last year. Knowing all along Peters was going to be a problem getting locked up to a new deal.

Bell had little playing time in college, he was seen as a very good athlete with very good footwork. Bell just needed to add some more strength and more knowledge of the position. Maybe he has done some of that this past year. Once again the coaches would know this a lot better then us. Your thoughts???

What has Bell done to make you think he is ready? Just curious...

What has Bell done to make you think he is ready? Just curious...

dick says so...

Jauron revealed that backup tackles Kirk Chambers and Demetrius Bell are candidates to fill the vacancy at left guard created by Derrick Dockery’s release. The coaches believe Chambers can make a smooth transition inside. Bell, a seventh-round draft pick last year, spent much of his rookie season at guard on the scout team in practice.

Chambers and Bell could rotate back to tackle if needed, said Jauron, who added that veteran Jonathan Scott, who was signed last December, adds to the depth at tackle.

“We’re in pretty good shape,” Jauron said of the offensive line. “We’ve got to get more quality numbers. We’ve got the draft and we’ll keep looking around in the free agent market.”

link

Its not what he has done to show me. Its if the Bills coaches think he is ready. These are the same guys who saw it in Peters. I have no clue if he is ready. Nor did any of us know who the heck Peters was when they signed him to Undrafted Free Agency contract in 2005.

As far as taking that risk. I am saying it might not be a choice. If Peters' deal can get worked out, then it might be one you are forced into.

As far as this season goes Walker did a good job starting for Peters last year, if i remember correctly. My whole point here is that if Peters isn't here for one reaosn or the other. The team may have some options

dick says so...

Jauron revealed that backup tackles Kirk Chambers and Demetrius Bell are candidates to fill the vacancy at left guard created by Derrick Dockery’s release. The coaches believe Chambers can make a smooth transition inside. Bell, a seventh-round draft pick last year, spent much of his rookie season at guard on the scout team in practice.

Chambers and Bell could rotate back to tackle if needed, said Jauron, who added that veteran Jonathan Scott, who was signed last December, adds to the depth at tackle.

“We’re in pretty good shape,” Jauron said of the offensive line. “We’ve got to get more quality numbers. We’ve got the draft and we’ll keep looking around in the free agent market.”

link

Actually, I'd say he doesn't sound convinced, at all.

dick says so...

link

Posturing. In the same interview Dick also said he would be more than happy to go into the season with Ellison starting at SLB.

You think Bell could be ready. Not how I would want to enter camp.

Nor did any of us know who the heck Peters was when they signed him to Undrafted Free Agency contract in 2005.

Peters had some buzz coming out of college, I remember being surprised that he went undrafted; most of us hear were calling for him when for some reason we drafted Tim Euhus.

Also, it wasn't this staff that picked him up - it was Donahoe and Mularkey in 2004.

My question is what have you ever seen on the field to come up with th idea that you think Bell is ready. Did he Pancake Richard seymour a few times that I missed?

Is it possible? Of course.

Is it likely that Bell will turn out to be as talented as Peters? No.

Should the Bills risk the success of the season on Bell developing, this soon? Hell no

If I had said an UDFA TE would become our franchise LT you'd think I was high. So never say never.

PTR

Well players and coaches inside the team think he is turning into a good player. Kyle Williams actually pointed him out in an interview earlier in the month.

And be your rational i dont think the Bills have had any gaurds play for them that have pancaked Seymour. So guess he cant be any worse then them.

This staff developed him into what he is. If you argue that then we can agree to disagree.

This staff is developing Bell. Peters was developed by McNally, who is no longer with the team. That's an important difference, if we want to compare Bell's development to Peters'.