Bills appear to be done in FA

damj

The amazing thing is, given the loss of Schobel, 18 starts by the DB's, Crowell, and Digi, there was just 1 blowout: the Cards game. Now I'd still love the Bills to find another starting OLB and some DL help, as well as a LG and TE. And I think they can do that in FA and the draft.

not to mention 16 turnovers by the offense in the 7 losses in 8 games after the 5-1 start...thats a lot of time for the opposing team to be on the field and have a chance to score. Our D is better than our fans give it credit for, and if we can stay healthy we have a unit that could and should rank in the top 10 in the league. In a 5-1 start I believe we were ranked #3...then the injury bug hit and our QB's lost their mojo...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not to mention 16 turnovers by the offense in the 7 losses in 8 games after the 5-1 start...thats a lot of time for the opposing team to be on the field and have a chance to score. Our D is better than our fans give it credit for, and if we can stay healthy we have a unit that could and should rank in the top 10 in the league. In a 5-1 start I believe we were ranked #3...then the injury bug hit and our QB's lost their mojo...

It's like we share a brain! I love it!

I've been saying for weeks that the pass rush we supposedly "NEED" would--in reality-- be the tipping point in creating a DOMINANT defense. We don't NEED a dominant defense. FIRST we need competency on both sides of all the ball.

The only reason we missed the playoffs last year was because of this:

After starting 5-1, this is what our QB's did in the next 8 games:

Edwards:

Mia: 67.2 QB rating, 227 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fmb lost (2 total)

Jets: 79.3 QB rating, 289 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT, 1 Fmb lost (1 total)

NE: 46.2 QB rating, 120 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT

CLE: 50.3 QB rating, 148 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT

KC: 121.0 QB rating, 273 tds, 2 TD, 0 INT, 2 TD's rushing, 2 fumbles (none lost).

SF: (Both Edwards and JP)

Edwards first half: 64.0 QB rating, 112 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

JP second half: 78 QB rating, 93 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

JP Losman

Mia: 45.8 QB rating, 123 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fmb lost (3 total)

Jets: 45.7 QB rating, 148 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT, 1 Fmb lost (3 total)

Combination for 8 games of both:

1533 yds (191.6 per game), 8 total TD's (only 6 passing), 16 turnovers (12 INT's 4 lost Fumbles)...they also combined for 11 total fumbles.

And if you take out the KC game (our only win), this is what they did in the 7 losses that ended our season:

1260 yds (180 per game), 4 TD's, 16 turnovers (12 INT's, 4 lost fumbles).

Edwards had a very good game against KC, problem is, the other 7 games were atrocious by both Trent and JP. Not suprisingly we lost all 7 of them and only won the KC game.

This says a few things:

1. Coaching wasnt our biggest problem...no coach can win with that kind of play from the QB.

2. Offense was a much bigger problem than a lackluster pass rush.

3. Our QB's need to get better for this team to be good next year.

So, that being said, the signing of TO is HUGE for us, and may be enough to get us to the playoffs because he plays to Trents style of throwing. If he can make Trent better, and this offense can make big improvements, we will undoubtedly be a playoff team. So adding TO is a major improvement to the weakest side of the ball...the offense.

Our D was solid last year, espeically considering how long they and how often they were on the field when our offense couldnt do squat over this stretch. With a better showing from the offesne, our D has the potential to be top 10. And for the record, this list wasnt even all the bad games played by our QB's, just a highlight of the 8 games immediately following our 5-1 start.

The defense was not on the field any longer than half other teams in the league.

We get it, you don't like Edwards---you could have said so in far fewer words and posts.

Hey, look at it this way, "our QB's" got better the minute JPL cleared out his locker.

Wouldn't be at all surprised - The Bills really like Bell and want him to start somewhere- the Bills think Chambers provides a solid floor to any of the OG or OT positions, at LB Bills are thinking of Ellison as the base with John DiGiorgio , Bowen and a drafted LB trying to unseat him. I think the Bills do a lot of planning based on rosy scenarios - Hey our Defense wasn't so bad and if our young players improve and we get a few players back from injury we will be OK - The problem is not all young players improve (Ko Simpson) (Preston) (Ellison) (Kyle Williams) all stayed pretty static and with players coming back from injury you have no idea what you are getting- Even if Schobel comes back 100% we won't know what that means until he starts playing.

The defense was not on the field any longer than half other teams in the league.

We get it, you don't like Edwards---you could have said so in far fewer words and posts.

Hey, look at it this way, "our QB's" got better the minute JPL cleared out his locker.

It isn't a matter of personally liking him. Whether you like him or not, he needs to play better than he did at the end of last year. Thats crystal clear, there's nothing subjective about it.

Even the Church of Trent folks should acknowledge this. The guy is not there yet.

It isn't a matter of personally liking him. Whether you like him or not, he needs to play better than he did at the end of last year. Thats crystal clear, there's nothing subjective about it.

Even the Church of Trent folks should acknowledge this. The guy is not there yet.

Exactly...

If you are not satisfied with 4td's and 16 turnovers in 7 games, somehow you hate the guy...its puzzling. I actually do like Trent and think he has potential, but like you said he is not there yet. I do think TO will go along way into getting him there assuming he can.

Ques: How is the Bills defense against the run?

Ans: It sucks.

Ques: How is the pass rush?

Ans: It sucks

Ques: How are they on 3rd and short?

Ans: They suck

Ques: How are they on 3rd and long?

Ans: They suck.

This against a lot of lousy teams.

Your entire post is nothing but a continuation of your ongoing passive agressive rant against Edwards. I dont speak of Losman much any more (although there was a recent poke at his worshippers), but at least when I did I would simply post it, instead of abstract attacks supported by nonsense like the above.

The only reason we missed the playoffs last year was because of this:

After starting 5-1, this is what our QB's did in the next 8 games:

Edwards:

Mia: 67.2 QB rating, 227 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fmb lost (2 total)

Jets: 79.3 QB rating, 289 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT, 1 Fmb lost (1 total)

NE: 46.2 QB rating, 120 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT

CLE: 50.3 QB rating, 148 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT

KC: 121.0 QB rating, 273 tds, 2 TD, 0 INT, 2 TD's rushing, 2 fumbles (none lost).

SF: (Both Edwards and JP)

Edwards first half: 64.0 QB rating, 112 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

JP second half: 78 QB rating, 93 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

JP Losman

Mia: 45.8 QB rating, 123 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fmb lost (3 total)

Jets: 45.7 QB rating, 148 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT, 1 Fmb lost (3 total)

Combination for 8 games of both:

1533 yds (191.6 per game), 8 total TD's (only 6 passing), 16 turnovers (12 INT's 4 lost Fumbles)...they also combined for 11 total fumbles.

And if you take out the KC game (our only win), this is what they did in the 7 losses that ended our season:

1260 yds (180 per game), 4 TD's, 16 turnovers (12 INT's, 4 lost fumbles).

Edwards had a very good game against KC, problem is, the other 7 games were atrocious by both Trent and JP. Not suprisingly we lost all 7 of them and only won the KC game.

This says a few things:

1. Coaching wasnt our biggest problem...no coach can win with that kind of play from the QB.

2. Offense was a much bigger problem than a lackluster pass rush.

3. Our QB's need to get better for this team to be good next year.

So, that being said, the signing of TO is HUGE for us, and may be enough to get us to the playoffs because he plays to Trents style of throwing. If he can make Trent better, and this offense can make big improvements, we will undoubtedly be a playoff team. So adding TO is a major improvement to the weakest side of the ball...the offense.

Our D was solid last year, espeically considering how long they and how often they were on the field when our offense couldnt do squat over this stretch. With a better showing from the offesne, our D has the potential to be top 10. And for the record, this list wasnt even all the bad games played by our QB's, just a highlight of the 8 games immediately following our 5-1 start.

I agree but those killer 8 minute drives in the 4th quarter didn't help either....

Don't ask for a link ... I heard it on WGR this am ... Jauron was talking that Ellison is the starting LB, unless they find a FA that knocks their socks off and that Chambers / Bell will compete at LG ... so apparently we're not bring in any more free agents ... so outside of a likely upgrade at center, a hole at LG and no upgrades on D ... we have only the TO move this offseason ... So, while the TO move is an upgrade at WR, I think it is largely a PR move to sucker us back in while they make no major improvements to the roster ...

why do I even care any more?!? :censored::blush::D:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

He side as of right now that is who will be starting but they still might add other people

Ques: How is the Bills defense against the run?

Ans: It sucks.

Ques: How is the pass rush?

Ans: It sucks

Ques: How are they on 3rd and short?

Ans: They suck

Ques: How are they on 3rd and long?

Ans: They suck.

This against a lot of lousy teams.

Your entire post is nothing but a continuation of your ongoing passive agressive rant against Edwards. I dont speak of Losman much any more (although there was a recent poke at his worshippers), but at least when I did I would simply post it, instead of abstract attacks supported by nonsense like the above.

Funny, most seem to agree with me that QB play was more of a factor than our D...especially considering our offense was ranked considerably lower than our D which lost 2 key players early in the year...

And anyone who looks at 4 TD's to 16 turnovers and doesnt see that as why we lost truly has no concept of football and isnt worth having a football discussion with. First rule of football is dont turn the ball over...Second rule of football is dont turn the ball over...any guess to what the third rule is?